• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Turns out, Heihachi was excluded from Smash 4 because of the difficulty that would come with translating Tekken's gameplay style into Smash.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Im sorry guys , but I'm going to leave the forum for a long time.
Many people do not like me here, I'd rather go than cause more trouble.
Bye.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Considering Nintendo is choosing the DLC themselves, they might look at upcoming Switch titles to promote. Luckily for Digimon fans, Digimon Survive is coming out on the Nintendo Switch next year.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Considering Nintendo is choosing the DLC themselves, they might look at upcoming Switch titles to promote. Luckily for Digimon fans, Digimon Survive is coming out on the Nintendo Switch next year.
D you think this helps Agumon's chances?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Yes. Having Survive on the Switch is a huge advantage for Agumon when compared to the other Namco Bandai franchises.
Hum.
Some people don't even consider digimon a contender for Smash.
Its actualy very hard to even talk about Agumon on this board becouse of that.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hum.
Some people don't even consider digimon a contender for Smash.
Its actualy very hard to even talk about Agumon on this board becouse of that.
Some people are stuck in the mindset that Heihachi and Lloyd are the only possible second NB reps.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Also, someone on the Krystal thread discovered there are 30 placeholder slots. If there's more DLC considered after the fighter pass is unveiled, things will be looking good.
30!? WTF
But i think they will not use all of this...

Some people are stuck in the mindset that Heihachi and Lloyd are the only possible second NB reps.
I don't think this mindset is the big problem here.
They just don't like Digimon.
Becouse of that they will put Agumon in the same level of trash all the time.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Yeah, at least 10 at most may get used, but we'll see what happens.

And I hate the general thread sometimes.
I almost left this forum the last time they called me a liar.

I never created a fake leak, and they realy think im the one wasting my time doing all of this.

A friend had to enter my Reddit acc to prove that i was not a liar.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think this mindset is the big problem here.
They just don't like Digimon.
Becouse of that they will put Agumon in the same level of trash all the time.
Yeah. Some people are hostile to the idea of Digimon in Smash and frequently view it as a "joke" or "meme" pick.

Graizen

Smash Champion
When something happens that disproves them, people just move their goalposts. Some indies get the same treatment right now.

They are sad, strange little folks, and I pity them. :warioc:
Think about it:

Oficial Nintendo characters like Mike Jones don't even get a Spirit in the game.

But Shantae is a Spirit and Shovel Knight is a AT.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
However, Agumon's chances are looking good. It's getting an upcoming game on the Switch, while Tales has not been on a Nintendo home console since Tales of Graces on the Wii (its one of only two Tales games to be on a Nintendo home console, the other being the original Tales of Phantasia on the Super Famicom) and Tekken only had one game on a Nintendo home console, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the Wii U (although a Tekken-like game using Pokemon characters, Pokken Tournament, was eventually released). Sakurai also had difficulties with adding Heihachi Mishima in the past.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
When something happens that disproves them, people just move their goalposts. Some indies get the same treatment right now.

They are sad, strange little folks, and I pity them. :warioc:
Well i get why it seems attractive to have Digimon fighting with Pokemon in Smash, but they're NOT Videogamecharacters.

And no they aren't Anime Characters neither, they initially were Bandais answer to Tamagochi. The Anime and the Games came much later.

I would not really oppose Agumon getting in just by its design, its abbilities or its personality, but it would open up the doors for literally every Entertainmentfranchise no matter them originating from Video Games or not.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
However, Agumon's chances are looking good. It's getting an upcoming game on the Switch, while Tales has not been on a Nintendo home console since Tales of Graces on the Wii (its one of only two Tales games to be on a Nintendo home console, the other being the original Tales of Phantasia on the Super Famicom) and Tekken only had one game on a Nintendo home console, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the Wii U (although a Tekken-like game using Pokemon characters, Pokken Tournament, was eventually released). Sakurai also had difficulties with adding Heihachi Mishima in the past.
Let's not forget that Heihachi's voice actor Unshou Ishizuka died sometime after doing Incineroar for Smash, so it's possible that they passed over on Heihachi out of respect.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Well i get why it seems attractive to have Digimon fighting with Pokemon in Smash, but they're NOT Videogamecharacters.

And no they aren't Anime Characters neither, they initially were Bandais answer to Tamagochi. The Anime and the Games came much later.

I would not really oppose Agumon getting in just by its design, its abbilities or its personality, but it would open up the doors for literally every Entertainmentfranchise no matter them originating from Video Games or not.
You are a little rong here my friend.
Tamagotchi AND Digimon are like brothers , bot are Bandai creations, bot are Virtual Pets.

Agumon was the mascot, together with Tyranomon, at the very first Digimon Tamagotchi in 1997.
And this was the first thing ever released for Digimon ever.

So yes , Agumon is a video game character as much as Game & Watch and all others.

The Anime was not the first , nor the second thing for Digimon.
Digimon games for PSX and Saturn were released before the Anime as well.

In Japan Digimon was NEVER a Anime thing.
The anime "completed" the franchise.
Digimon in Japan is a Virtual pet franchise, and aways was.

And in Japan Digimon is Big until today, with 2 new Digimon Tamagotchis to be released in 2019.
Alot of very good Digimon Games on the PS4.
And Digimon Survive on the Switch in 2019 as well.
Not even counting 2 Digimon games for 3DS that launched recently in Japan.

And just to make it a little bigger for you.
Sakurai created a Tamagotchi in 2005, inspired by Bandai Digimon Tamagotchi.
You can see it here: https://www.ign.com/articles/2005/12/15/sakurai-works-on-mushi-king

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Considering Nintendo is choosing the DLC characters, if there's going to be a new Namco-Bandai character, they are probably going to go with Agumon because of Digimon Survive.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Considering Nintendo is choosing the DLC characters, if there's going to be a new Namco-Bandai character, they are probably going to go with Agumon because of Digimon Survive.
You think so?
I hope you are right!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You think so?
I hope you are right!
Sure, there's Tales of Vesperia coming to the Switch, but Digimon Survive is a completely new game while Vesperia is just a port (and it doesn't even have Lloyd Irving in it).

Graizen

Smash Champion
Sure, there's Tales of Vesperia coming to the Switch, but Digimon Survive is a completely new game while Vesperia is just a port (and it doesn't even have Lloyd Irving in it).
Let me ask you.
Do you think the inclusion of Agumon in Smash would help this new Eevee Tamagotchi?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah , and now we have the "Eevee Tamagotchi" in 2019

You are in , and you are very welcome!
What you think about the Eevee Tamagotchi? Do you think it helps Agumon's chances?
I heard about it, it looks pretty cool...
I think it does show that Namco and Nintendo are on pretty good ground...
Then again, they're already developing Smash Ultimate... So there's already some good ground there

Graizen

Smash Champion
I heard about it, it looks pretty cool...
I think it does show that Namco and Nintendo are on pretty good ground...
Then again, they're already developing Smash Ultimate... So there's already some good ground there
Good ground it is.
But to put a Pokémon on a Tamagotchi now?
It's like the first crossover of Pokémon and Digimon you know.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Did you know about this "MushiKing" game Sakurai made?
Its a Tamagotchi based on the Digimon ones.
You were the one who made me aware of it a couple months ago...
It was very likely based on Digimon

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
You were the one who made me aware of it a couple months ago...
It was very likely based on Digimon
So this makes Sakurai very familiar with Digimon.

And did you know about the Robot from "Vifam" that Sakurai bought?
Vifam is a robot anime series , and their games are developed by Bandai Namco as well.

vifam-656x391.jpg

The robot body aways remembered me of WarGreymon's.
Yeah it could be any other robot character but...

Wargreymon_crusader.jpg

Top Bottom