• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Two questions! One, what would Agumon's Boxing Ring Character title be? Two, what would Agumon's Sex kick be?
100th message hype!!!

Last edited:

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Two questions! One, what would Agumon's Boxing Ring Character title be? Two, what would Agumon's Sex kick be?
100th message hype!!!
I can think of either:

-The Digital Monster
-Courageous Flame
-Pepper Breather
-Brave Rookie

Though I'm not very good at thinking about titles and I'm not in a position of thoroughly thinking about them or getting a reference, lol.

As for the sex kick, I'm not sure what that means but I guess it could be a standard one just like Mario or Yoshi's.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Fanart created by NinN! Loved it so much!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Sabi just said Verge is wrong and that FP5 is a a character that he deconfirmed, which includes a Namco Bandai character.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
good grief, lets just wait for the real announcement these leaks have been going in circles
Agreed. We've only got about two days until the Game Awards, and given the timing (the fighters pass will be fully released by February, and it's usually a few months between a character's announcement and release), it seems pretty likely that the fifth fighters pass character there.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Agreed. We've only got about two days until the Game Awards, and given the timing (the fighters pass will be fully released by February, and it's usually a few months between a character's announcement and release), it seems pretty likely that the fifth fighters pass character there.
itd be nice if we did get something at vga but i get the feeling it wont happen, maybe cause the 12th is already looking like one of those days for us in britain

Graizen

Smash Champion
Big game for Digimon next year, PS4 and Switch.
They can very well put a Digimon in Smash to support the game. Digimon Survive.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
100th message hype!!!
I can think of either:

-The Digital Monster
-Courageous Flame
-Pepper Breather
-Brave Rookie

Though I'm not very good at thinking about titles and I'm not in a position of thoroughly thinking about them or getting a reference, lol.

As for the sex kick, I'm not sure what that means but I guess it could be a standard one just like Mario or Yoshi's.
When I think about the boxing ring title, it would reference to Agumon's traits in some form of way. So, a few come to mind like yours:
-Digital Monster (simple, homage to what Agumon is)
-Fire-Breathing Rookie (also simple, references the level of stage Agumon is at)
-Brave Reptile (Describing what Agumon's biology while also referencing the Crest of Courage/Brave)
-Virus Buster (One of the family types that Agumon & the primary line of its digivolution hails from)
-Vaccine's Greatest (Referencing the Attribute of Agumon between the three kinds)
-Virtual Pet's Mascot (Referencing Digimon's history to how it came to be. Can also be something like "Virtual Pet Icon" or something)
-Etc.

For when it comes to a sex kick..... huh. Dunno. Not even sure the sex kick (which is usually Neutral Air) is going to even be a "kick" attack.

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
Big game for Digimon next year, PS4 and Switch.
They can very well put a Digimon in Smash to support the game. Digimon Survive.

I wish it got shown at the game awards. Digimon really needs to start getting some recognition, it's such an underrated series

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
When I think about the boxing ring title, it would reference to Agumon's traits in some form of way. So, a few come to mind like yours:
-Digital Monster (simple, homage to what Agumon is)
-Fire-Breathing Rookie (also simple, references the level of stage Agumon is at)
-Brave Reptile (Describing what Agumon's biology while also referencing the Crest of Courage/Brave)
-Virus Buster (One of the family types that Agumon & the primary line of its digivolution hails from)
-Vaccine's Greatest (Referencing the Attribute of Agumon between the three kinds)
-Virtual Pet's Mascot (Referencing Digimon's history to how it came to be. Can also be something like "Virtual Pet Icon" or something)
-Etc.

For when it comes to a sex kick..... huh. Dunno. Not even sure the sex kick (which is usually Neutral Air) is going to even be a "kick" attack.
Digimon Reference Book "Its strength is weak as it is still in the process of growing, but it has a fearless and rather ferocious personality. " A lot of Agumon's Digimon Cards talk about how fearless it is, so the "The Mon without Fear" works very well.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
In the event Agumon gets a Digivolution form, I wonder if the other form would have their own boxing ring title or share a title with Agumon.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
The whole "video game origin" rule was made mostly due to licensing issue, right? Keeping game essence is just another rule on top. Since Namco started Digimon as game, they own whole Digimon right, right? Toei owns Digimon anime right like they do Dragon Ball anime right. But getting Agumon and Goku are totally different story due to origin and their owner. For Agumon, all Nintendo has to ask is Namco, but for Goku, Nintendo also has to ask Shueisha... and other oversea distributor. I just want to make sure, so next time, someone argues against Agumon, I can easily argue back.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The whole "video game origin" rule was made mostly due to licensing issue, right? Keeping game essence is just another rule on top. Since Namco started Digimon as game, they own whole Digimon right, right? Toei owns Digimon anime right like they do Dragon Ball anime right. But getting Agumon and Goku are totally different story due to origin and their owner. For Agumon, all Nintendo has to ask is Namco, but for Goku, Nintendo also has to ask Shueisha... and other oversea distributor. I just want to make sure, so next time, someone argues against Agumon, I can easily argue back.
Yeah, that sounds right. Namco-Bandai fully owns Agumon, seeing as it started out as a Tamagotchi-like digital pet.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They would only need to go to Toku if they want to have the human characters from the anime appear as Spirits.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Except for Tai.
Tai himself is in a strange position, because he was created for the V-Tamer manga, but was put in the anime. The V-Tamer manga is itself non-canon to the anime, so the two Tais are two entirely separate characters as a result.

Graizen

Smash Champion
New Digimon Movie trailer!

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

They effectively retconned Tri out of existence, didn't they? And Butterfly never fail to give me feel everytime...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

its gonna be something

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think about the new Digivolutions for Agumon and Gabumon and the new villain?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Big News:
Digimon livestream in January that they are teasing 'shocking' news for

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Big News:
Digimon livestream in January that they are teasing 'shocking' news for

I doubt its anything Smash related unless its Spirits appearing with Survive coming to the switch. Nintendo would be the ones announcing it if it was. Still it will be interesting to see what the 'Shocking' news is.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
finally got back into cyber sleuth and got agumon

would have him before but i digivolved my first koromon into guilmon

Graizen

Smash Champion
There will be a special broadcast (livestream) on January 24th, 2020. The message in V-Jump from the Digimon website says to 'prepare for shocking news!'

news.jpg

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
"Digimon special news broadcast on the Digimon Web on 1/24/20"
I kinda hate how well this lines up with the releases of the 5th DLC character and Digimon Survive cause I'll be disappointed if Agumon isn't added to smash lol

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
"Digimon special news broadcast on the Digimon Web on 1/24/20"
I kinda hate how well this lines up with the releases of the 5th DLC character and Digimon Survive cause I'll be disappointed if Agumon isn't added to smash lol
Oh, don't do this to me!

Top Bottom