• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
GAME España has confirmed that this rumour (Hacker's Memory on the Switch) is TRUE via Twitter. They say they have removed it temporarily because they are arranging some stuff at the moment, but it will pop up soon and both games will be launched on October, 30th indeed.

https://twitter.com/VideojuegosGAME/status/1125413689962708992

"both games" means Cyber Sleuth AND Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory.
Yeah. I pretty much knew that if they were porting Hacker's Memory to the Switch then the original Cyber Sleuth would be released as well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
right those guys, youll have to excuse me i dont think we have them here
They also have made errors like saying you could use amiibo to unlock someone in Smash Ultimate. And leaked ALTTP, but that has yet to be proven real(it may be an error on their part). They did leak Link's Awakening via the site's "what exists on it", though. Overall, I'd take websites like this with a grain of salt.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They also have made errors like saying you could use amiibo to unlock someone in Smash Ultimate. And leaked ALTTP, but that has yet to be proven real(it may be an error on their part). They did leak Link's Awakening via the site's "what exists on it", though. Overall, I'd take websites like this with a grain of salt.
Also, the Metroid Prime trilogy. Not a peep from that so far, so I'd treat that leak as fake if that doesn't pop up at E3.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back into the shadows. :evil:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
geez sounds like they need to address somethings

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
Ya never know nowadays

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ya never know nowadays
Oh, agreed. Just that website leaks like that aren't always ironclad enough. It can go either way.

Also, the Metroid Prime trilogy. Not a peep from that so far, so I'd treat that leak as fake if that doesn't pop up at E3.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back into the shadows. :evil:
That too. Oy.

geez sounds like they need to address somethings
Yes, yes they do. D:

...On a more Digimon-related note, I gotta find a sheet of paper that has a bunch of my fan Digimon(including their attack names)...

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
It also doesn't fit with the actual original movie canon, as Ophanimon is there instead of Magnadramon. It's not known if this is meant to be a true alternate canon(which makes sense, for spoiler reasons, namely it's basically an alternate sequel to Adventure Two in design) or meant to actually replace the original movie set as is. It should be noted that the Diaboramon movie is canon in Adventure Two, though. They speak of the events of Omnimon, including the dub. However, there is nothing spoken on for the 3rd movie at all(which as you may know, the first three movies were combined into one version for the dub, but they're still separated technically). Dub-wise, it might be best to say Digimon The Movie is canon. That said, we know you can have more than one canon evolution anyway. SkullGreymon says sup.
Which Movie has Ophanimon in it? All of the Digimon moves are canon, it's just some of them are non-serial.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Which Movie has Ophanimon in it? All of the Digimon moves are canon, it's just some of them are non-serial.
Tri has Ophanimon. The original set of movies, which were combined into one full set in the dub, does get referenced in 02's dub. That one has Magnadramon. So basically the first three movies are presented as canon dub-wise since they aren't treated separately within the narrative, but just 3 parts of one full movie via time skips.

Japan does it way differently, of course. Where the first movie in itself is part of what happens before the start of Adventure 01. I don't know if the subs mention Omegamon during 02, but if so, then the second movie is completely canon to the show. The third movie is non-serial in Japan, at least. I'm guessing the other movies beyond the first two are non-serial as well.

Tri I know is non-serial, at least.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Tri has Ophanimon. The original set of movies, which were combined into one full set in the dub, does get referenced in 02's dub. That one has Magnadramon. So basically the first three movies are presented as canon dub-wise since they aren't treated separately within the narrative, but just 3 parts of one full movie via time skips.

Japan does it way differently, of course. Where the first movie in itself is part of what happens before the start of Adventure 01. I don't know if the subs mention Omegamon during 02, but if so, then the second movie is completely canon to the show. The third movie is non-serial in Japan, at least. I'm guessing the other movies beyond the first two are non-serial as well.

Tri I know is non-serial, at least.
no they still mention omnimon in the dub of 02, "revenge" is the only one thus far to not be referenced again thus making it the ambiguous canon of the adventure world, but counting the fact that they kept magnadramon would suggest the first 02 movie is considered so

obviously im counting series and movies here

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
no they still mention omnimon in the dub of 02
...That what I said.

I also can barely read yours due to the lack of periods. Too many run-on sentences are confusing me. Apologies, but it's making it hard for me to understand you.

I wasn't sure if Omnimon(or Omegamon in the Adventure 02 subs) was mentioned there. I know it was mentioned in the dub. I was unsure if it applied the same in the Japanese version. As Omnimon is mentioned as a DNA Digimon, while I'm guessing Omegamon is equally mentioned as a Jogress Digimon and it's a straight translation.

I hope that clears up what I actually am saying.

Graizen

Smash Champion
...That what I said.

I also can barely read yours due to the lack of periods. Too many run-on sentences are confusing me. Apologies, but it's making it hard for me to understand you.

I wasn't sure if Omnimon(or Omegamon in the Adventure 02 subs) was mentioned there. I know it was mentioned in the dub. I was unsure if it applied the same in the Japanese version. As Omnimon is mentioned as a DNA Digimon, while I'm guessing Omegamon is equally mentioned as a Jogress Digimon and it's a straight translation.

Omegamon = Normal Fusion
Imperialdramon = Jogress (DNA)
Susanoomon = Ancient Spirit Evolution
Shoutmon X7 = DigiXros
Gaiamon = Chip Fusion

All different concepts, all types of Fusions.

( Omegamon/Omnimon is NOT a Jogress/DNA )

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Omegamon = Normal Fusion
Imperialdramon = Jogress (DNA)
Susanoomon = Ancient Spirit Evolution
Shoutmon X7 = DigiXros
Gaiamon = Chip Fusion

All different concepts, all types of Fusions.

( Omegamon/Omnimon is NOT a Jogress/DNA )
...That doesn't answer what I asked in any way. What I asked is if Adventure 02's subs actually talked about Omegamon in general, referencing the second movie. Just like it did in the dubs, which I know the dubs have edits to them, so I can't be sure if it's a dub-original thing or not.

None of those are relevant to what I'm referring to. I'm aware of the variations anyway.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
...That what I said.

oh sorry i must have misread your post

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's fine, it's clear I said it poorly. I apologize for that. >.<
its ok

anyway, i should get a chance to start my rewatching of 02 tomorrow, davis bugs me but i am willing to put up with that eejit for that beautiful moment when ken reunites with leafmon

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
its ok

anyway, i should get a chance to start my rewatching of 02 tomorrow, davis bugs me but i am willing to put up with that eejit for that beautiful moment when ken reunites with leafmon
That episode with Leafmon is the only Digimon episode so far among all 6 normal seasons(I don't think Applimon has a dub yet?) that made me cry. It's such a beautiful moment. :)

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Daisuke "Davis" Motomiya is great the only problem with Digimon Adventure 02 is some of the plot lines didn't go anywhere.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Daisuke "Davis" Motomiya is great the only problem with Digimon Adventure 02 is some of the plot lines didn't go anywhere.
well theyre touched upon a little in tri and we're getting more stuff for the adventure world so maybe dont count em out yet

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
It's kind of de-railing, but yeah I've decided I'll make my own Agumon smash bros. move-set idea. I'll try & make it my own thing so that it's not a carbon-copy to what may be expected, but I'll also list possible outcomes that would happen should Agumon be a fleshed out fighter.

EDIT: Also, what kind of polls could we decide on for the OP in terms of any suggestions for Agumon in Smash to represent? Seems like a fun idea maybe.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
well theyre touched upon a little in tri and we're getting more stuff for the adventure world so maybe dont count em out yet
Also, the writers pretty much butted heads with each other all the way through. Well, that and the ending split everyone. Unsurprisingly, this lead to one of them (Chiaki Konaka) taking up head writer duties for Tamers.

Graizen

Smash Champion
It's kind of de-railing, but yeah I've decided I'll make my own Agumon smash bros. move-set idea. I'll try & make it my own thing so that it's not a carbon-copy to what may be expected, but I'll also list possible outcomes that would happen should Agumon be a fleshed out fighter.

EDIT: Also, what kind of polls could we decide on for the OP in terms of any suggestions for Agumon in Smash to represent? Seems like a fun idea maybe.
Oh please! Make your moveset and post it here for us!

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502

Look forward to seeing your moveset

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I feel that it's probable for whoever the voice actor that played Agumon in said country's language would make the return. There's 11 languages within the settings for Ultimate. They include: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.

The wiki states, "For characters who are only voiced in English and Japanese, Asian language localizations use the Japanese voices, whereas Western language localizations use the English voices. As in previous titles, a small number of characters are also voiced in French, Spanish, German and Italian."

This probably means we're getting Tom Fahn. I don't know of the other 8+ languages, but I'm gonna presume Chika Sakamoto is still doing the Agumon role in Japan. Otherwise, I have no idea of anyone else.

Fun question. You all are aware of the franchise emblems in Smash Bros., yeah? The series symbol if you will.

download (5).png

This is Bayonetta's series symbol represented in Super Smash Bros. So my question.

What series symbol best represents Agumon in your opinion? There's actually a few they could go with. Everyone probably is thinking the digivice, but I kinda feel it's a toss-up between several ideas.

These ideas I feel could be:
Digivice symbol.png
210-2109829_digi-crest-of-courage.png
digimon-djrs_y1vsaezr3g.jpg

Any one of those three works for me. Heck, even the original-looking Digital Monsters / virtual pets would be convincing too. Back on the 3rd page, someone already made this so. Well done to them:
Agumon-character-ui.png

The colored Digivice for Player-1 slot looks great. But it really varies on which Agumon gets into Smash. But frankly, Agumon seen from the anime franchise is basically featured in most of the digimon games. Or at least, the design-look of Agumon from Adventure resmembles most Agumons from the games. So it'd be a obvious fit to use the Digivice for that perhaps.

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
I feel that it's probable for whoever the voice actor that played Agumon in said country's language would make the return. There's 11 languages within the settings for Ultimate. They include: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.

The wiki states, "For characters who are only voiced in English and Japanese, Asian language localizations use the Japanese voices, whereas Western language localizations use the English voices. As in previous titles, a small number of characters are also voiced in French, Spanish, German and Italian."

This probably means we're getting Tom Fahn. I don't know of the other 8+ languages, but I'm gonna presume Chika Sakamoto is still doing the Agumon role in Japan. Otherwise, I have no idea of anyone else.

Fun question. You all are aware of the franchise emblems in Smash Bros., yeah? The series symbol if you will.

View attachment 221615

This is Bayonetta's series symbol represented in Super Smash Bros. So my question.

What series symbol best represents Agumon in your opinion? There's actually a few they could go with. Everyone probably is thinking the digivice, but I kinda feel it's a toss-up between several ideas.

These ideas I feel could be:
View attachment 221621View attachment 221622View attachment 221623

Any one of those three works for me. Heck, even the original-looking Digital Monsters / virtual pets would be convincing too. Back on the 3rd page, someone already made this so. Well done to them:
View attachment 221624
The colored Digivice for Player-1 slot looks great. But it really varies on which Agumon gets into Smash. But frankly, Agumon seen from the anime franchise is basically featured in most of the digimon games. Or at least, the design-look of Agumon from Adventure resmembles most Agumons from the games. So it'd be a obvious fit to use the Digivice for that perhaps.
The digivice symbol looks great, but I wouldn't mind having either of the other 2

Top Bottom