• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's interesting that he responded.

Also, Digimon as the Strongest part of V-Jump?

I smell a huge dump of information about Survive incoming.
Watch as Agumon gets announced in the next direct and we get more info in the V-Jump right after.

...That'd be awesome.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Watch as Agumon gets announced in the next direct and we get more info in the V-Jump right after.

...That'd be awesome.
Smash Fanbase and Leakers: "Brave is absolutely, 100% Erdrick!"
Sakurai and Bandai Namco: "*****, please, have Agumon."

I would laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

And then main Agumon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Smash Fanbase and Leakers: "Brave is absolutely, 100% Erdrick!"
Sakurai and Bandai Namco: "*****, please, have Agumon."

I would laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

And then main Agumon.
Yeah, it's kind of silly to think Brave is indefinitely Erdrick. Possibly? Sure. But we have nothing more than a reasonable guess at best. Especially since the codenames don't have a very specific pattern to go off of at this time. PP's is just basically the same name as the character. Joker's has 3 possibilities. Once we find out who Brave is, we might be able to piece together how the codenames are designed. Key term being might.

I don't know if I will main Agumon, but I try everyone out. Depends if he works well for me or not. I tend to go for heavyweights.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The Digimon Japanese Director replied to the Agumon4Smash Twitter!

https://twitter.com/jinke_jinke/status/1108934842274611204

"ボクには何もできないよ!がんばって!"
"I can not do anything! Work hard!"

ryuu seika ryuu seika Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth RileyXY1 RileyXY1 KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 fogbadge fogbadge Eldrake Eldrake KMDP KMDP Prince Koopa Jr Prince Koopa Jr Masonomace Masonomace
hmm curious, i wonder what he meant, perhaps he wished to suggest if we work hard enough we could convince sakurai

or probably something else

Graizen

Smash Champion
Was announced today that Digimon will have a event in May 25
They will have Digimon talk with alot of topics

The Digimon talk will include Digimon fan Chiaki Matsuzawa, who cameoed in tri. and has hosted DigiFes a number of times, along with longtime Digimon designer Kenji Watanabe.

During the event they will discuss a number of things, including various Digimon items released by MegaHouse (the GEM line for example, which is in the midst of it's 10th Anniversary celebration via it's figures of many different anime brands.)

They also list that there will be 'more' guests for this talk than just Matsuzawa and Watanabe, so we will see who else will show up.

https://withthewill.net/threads/214...ng-Plus-BlackWarGreymon-amp-Mochimon-on-Sale!

ryuu seika ryuu seika Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth RileyXY1 RileyXY1 KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 fogbadge fogbadge Eldrake Eldrake KMDP KMDP Prince Koopa Jr Prince Koopa Jr Masonomace Masonomace

Graizen

Smash Champion
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey Graizen, could I be on the supporter list?
I would love to see any kind of Digimon content in Smash.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

KMDP

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

Hopefully what they show, wether it has to do with Smash or not, will be fantastic.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys: this is probably my first time visiting any sort of Digimon thread, but that's not a bad thing at all.

As for how I would feel about Agumon if he were included, I think he could end up being pretty interesting, especially if they use that third form he has as part of his moveset. Just to be specific either way, I will just say I'm not all too familiar with Digimon, so there are certainly some things I don't know about the franchise, but I think I have the basics down at this point.

Either way, I'm also aware about the JSON "leak" (in quotation marks since we don't really know if it's true or not yet) that's been going around at times and it makes me wonder if it really does hold credibility, especially with Agumon's inclusion. However, for it to be true, Chrono would need to be the next character revealed due to the pastebin listing: if he isn't, then I'd say that makes the "leak" false. Of course, we mainly need to wait until April and see what happens then at that's when we're most likely to get our second character reveal.

Despite that, I'm curious to see what happens next.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well guys: this is probably my first time visiting any sort of Digimon thread, but that's not a bad thing at all.

As for how I would feel about Agumon if he were included, I think he could end up being pretty interesting, especially if they use that third form he has as part of his moveset. Just to be specific either way, I will just say I'm not all too familiar with Digimon, so there are certainly some things I don't know about the franchise, but I think I have the basics down at this point.

Either way, I'm also aware about the JSON "leak" (in quotation marks since we don't really know if it's true or not yet) that's been going around at times and it makes me wonder if it really does hold credibility, especially with Agumon's inclusion. However, for it to be true, Chrono would need to be the next character revealed due to the pastebin listing: if he isn't, then I'd say that makes the "leak" false. Of course, we mainly need to wait until April and see what happens then at that's when we're most likely to get our second character reveal.

Despite that, I'm curious to see what happens next.
Yeah, especially since I have a hard time believing Chrono to fit "Brave" well at all. That said, we don't know if Brave will be the second character revealed regardless. It's just a theory on our part. Thankfully the leak and Brave can be separated. Brave could still be Agumon, for instance, while fitting the JSON leak. While it's true usually they'd added characters in order of release, things can change. DLC, yes, but Piranha Plant seemed to have been worked on before other characters, which is why there's a missing file among the playable ones in previous datamines. I don't consider the datamine(of the previous update) to go well with the JSON leak myself, though. I think it's more likely Brave will be revealed next, regardless of who it is(I'm not a 100% on Erdrick by any means. 80% at most).

Due to the tons of different anime, Agumon has multiple possible 3rd forms. I'm guessing you mean the original MetalGreymon(Virus or Vaccine)? Since RizeGreymon is very similar but a valid third form. And I'm guessing you don't mean the other MetalGreymon from Fusion/Xros Wars(which admittedly looks pretty damn cool, and unlike Adventure's MetalGreymon, wasn't easily taken down after his original debut by a lot of enemies. He got shafted hard not longer after his amazing debut where he obliterated Etemon).

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yeah, especially since I have a hard time believing Chrono to fit "Brave" well at all. That said, we don't know if Brave will be the second character revealed regardless. It's just a theory on our part. Thankfully the leak and Brave can be separated. Brave could still be Agumon, for instance, while fitting the JSON leak. While it's true usually they'd added characters in order of release, things can change. DLC, yes, but Piranha Plant seemed to have been worked on before other characters, which is why there's a missing file among the playable ones in previous datamines. I don't consider the datamine(of the previous update) to go well with the JSON leak myself, though. I think it's more likely Brave will be revealed next, regardless of who it is(I'm not a 100% on Erdrick by any means. 80% at most).
Due to the tons of different anime, Agumon has multiple possible 3rd forms. I'm guessing you mean the original MetalGreymon(Virus or Vaccine)? Since RizeGreymon is very similar but a valid third form. And I'm guessing you don't mean the other MetalGreymon from Fusion/Xros Wars(which admittedly looks pretty damn cool, and unlike Adventure's MetalGreymon, wasn't easily taken down after his original debut by a lot of enemies. He got shafted hard not longer after his amazing debut where he obliterated Etemon).
I could see Chrono fitting the codename of "Brave" in a way, mainly just because of how he basically had to go on this giant adventure that posed a lot of risks and required acts of bravery, but that's just from my perspective since I've only seen the game rather then played it. There is also the fact that Brave might be revealed later on, so it may not actually matter and that Chrono could still be the next character reveal without being tied to "Brave". Either way, we'll just have to see what April brings.

I'm thinking of WarGreymon since that seems to be Agumon's most well known alternate form. But again, I don't really know the franchise all that well, so I can't comment on the others you mentioned.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I could see Chrono fitting the codename of "Brave" in a way, mainly just because of how he basically had to go on this giant adventure that posed a lot of risks and required acts of bravery, but that's just from my perspective since I've only seen the game rather then played it. There is also the fact that Brave might be revealed later on, so it may not actually matter and that Chrono could still be the next character reveal. Either way, we'll just have to see what April brings.

I'm thinking of WarGreymon since that seems to be Agumon's most well known alternate form. But again, I don't really know the franchise all that well, so I can't comment on the others you mentioned.
WarGreymon is Agumon's 4th (and final if Gabumon isn't involved) form.

Other 4th forms include ShineGreymon, ZekeGreymon and Gaioumon (which is essentially WarGreymon as a Samurai, it's really cool).

WarGreymon is the most iconic, though, and likely what they would use.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I could see Chrono fitting the codename of "Brave" in a way, mainly just because of how he basically had to go on this giant adventure that posed a lot of risks and required acts of bravery, but that's just from my perspective since I've only seen the game rather then played it. There is also the fact that Brave might be revealed later on, so it may not actually matter and that Chrono could still be the next character reveal without being tied to "Brave". Either way, we'll just have to see what April brings.

WarGreymon is his "fourth" form. Though I consider Agumon the First form in the way I spoke of it. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant when you said that. As in Agumon is Form 0, Greymon is Form 1, MetalGreymon is Form 2, and WarGreymon is Form 3. Confusion aside, WarGreymon is pretty well known, though sometimes underutilized. It also has some variants, including Chaos and Black(they're very similar, both being dark variants. Key difference is their attribute. Chaos is still Vaccine, while Black is Virus). Others include VictoryGreymon, which is basically a humanoid Greymon with armor and a sword. Arguably ZekeGreymon is meant to be similar, as it's a golden version of MetalGreymon(2010) with fully decked out armor and no longer cyborg-like. It even combines with OmniShoutmon(to create Shoutmon DX, basically your Omnimon equivalent)., who is also dinosaur-like, but seems to be more akin to the Garurumon line in some ways, or maybe the Veemon line moreso. As mentioned above, ShineGreymon as well, being specifically RizeGreymon's Mega form. And his evil samurai form in Gaioumon(also known as SamuGreymon). There's also EmperorGreymon, who appears to be more a callback to VictoryGreymon, though is a Hybrid form for Agunimon(and yes, that name is a variation of Agumon intentionally). AncientGreymon is another Mega form among the overall series that is basically more like a bigger Greymon, but far more feral and dragon-like.

The reason I doubt Brave is Chrono is that I think it has something more significant overall. Like how Yuri is related to a group named Brave, Agumon's entire shtick is "Brave", and the Hero Class in Dragon Quest is translated as Brave(with Erdrick being most important hero. Though any DQ character can work, this can still tie it to DQ). Overall, the issue with Chrono is that I doubt it's just basic "Oh, I guess it fits on a technicality." Any rpg protagonist could be that. I think it's meant to be more clear than that. To note, Jack, while appears to be Joker(this isn't hard confirmed yet, but it's a pretty safe guess right now due to knowing Joker is coming. Nobody knew who it was beforehand), has three possible but notable ties to Joker; Playing Cards, Jack Frost, and Jack of all Trades. All which heavily fit the character in question. This means that Brave should be pretty hard tied to one of the DLC characters, in a way that means something.

KMDP

Smash Legend
WarGreymon is his "fourth" form. Though I consider Agumon the First form in the way I spoke of it. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant when you said that. As in Agumon is Form 0, Greymon is Form 1, MetalGreymon is Form 2, and WarGreymon is Form 3. Confusion aside, WarGreymon is pretty well known, though sometimes underutilized. It also has some variants, including Chaos and Black(they're very similar, both being dark variants. Key difference is their attribute. Chaos is still Vaccine, while Black is Virus). Others include VictoryGreymon, which is basically a humanoid Greymon with armor and a sword. Arguably ZekeGreymon is meant to be similar, as it's a golden version of MetalGreymon(2010) with fully decked out armor and no longer cyborg-like. It even combines with OmniShoutmon(to create Shoutmon DX, basically your Omnimon equivalent)., who is also dinosaur-like, but seems to be more akin to the Garurumon line in some ways, or maybe the Veemon line moreso. As mentioned above, ShineGreymon as well, being specifically RizeGreymon's Mega form. And his evil samurai form in Gaioumon(also known as SamuGreymon). There's also EmperorGreymon, who appears to be more a callback to VictoryGreymon, though is a Hybrid form for Agunimon(and yes, that name is a variation of Agumon intentionally). AncientGreymon is another Mega form among the overall series that is basically more like a bigger Greymon, but far more feral and dragon-like.
Technically, Agumon is Form 3, after Botamon and Koromon, with the Eggs being form 0. This would make WGM Form 7.

I love VictoryGreymon's design, and I wish they'd use it in the Story and World games.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The reason I doubt Brave is Chrono is that I think it has something more significant overall. Like how Yuri is related to a group named Brave, Agumon's entire shtick is "Brave", and the Hero Class in Dragon Quest is translated as Brave(with Erdrick being most important hero. Though any DQ character can work, this can still tie it to DQ). Overall, the issue with Chrono is that I doubt it's just basic "Oh, I guess it fits on a technicality." Any rpg protagonist could be that. I think it's meant to be more clear than that. To note, Jack, while appears to be Joker(this isn't hard confirmed yet, but it's a pretty safe guess right now due to knowing Joker is coming. Nobody knew who it was beforehand), has three possible but notable ties to Joker; Playing Cards, Jack Frost, and Jack of all Trades. All which heavily fit the character in question. This means that Brave should be pretty hard tied to one of the DLC characters, in a way that means something.
Quite a lot to take in there, but I feel your information on WarGreyMon and his other forms is well explained, so I think I get the general idea behind him.

As for the other point, I think the overall idea is that if the next character is anyone other then Chrono (even if Reimu, Banjo, or Agumon are announced next instead), I feel the "leak" may be done for as I doubt that the order of the characters would change based off the Pastebin file. It's entirely possible either way that "Brave" could be announced later, but it's just a guess on my part.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Quite a lot to take in there, but I feel your information on WarGreyMon and his other forms is well explained, so I think I get the general idea behind him.

As for the other point, I think the overall idea is that if the next character is anyone other then Chrono (even if Reimu, Banjo, or Agumon are announced next), I feel the "leak" may be done as I doubt that the order of the characters would change based off the Pastebin file.
One of the things about Digimon is that, unlike Pokémon, Digimon don't necessarily have set-in-stone evolution lines.

Agumon could go;
Digi-Egg -> Botamon -> Koromon -> Agumon -> Greymon​
Just as easily as:
Digi-Egg -> Botamon -> Koromon -> Agumon -> GeoGreymon​
Or:
Digi-Egg -> Botamon -> Koromon -> Agumon -> Centarumon​

Or Agumon could evolve from a Pagumon (an Evil counterpart to Koromon), or any of the other Baby II/In-Training levels.

It's a hold-over from Digimon's Tamagotchi roots, where what monsters you could get is based on an evolution tree.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Technically, Agumon is Form 3, after Botamon and Koromon, with the Eggs being form 0. This would make WGM Form 7.

I love VictoryGreymon's design, and I wish they'd use it in the Story and World games.
True, but I meant in context of what they were saying. Yeah, Victory is really cool.

As for the other point, I think the overall idea is that if the next character is anyone other then Chrono (even if Reimu, Banjo, or Agumon are announced next instead), I feel the "leak" may be done for as I doubt that the order of the characters would change based off the Pastebin file. It's entirely possible either way that "Brave" could be announced later, but it's just a guess on my part.
Also, it was Samudramon, not SamuGreymon for the name. My bad. I'll edit it in the other post later.

And yeah, Digimon likes variations. Think of it kind of like Deoxys' alternate forms in a sense. Or a better way to say would be the Eeveelutions. Many many Digimion have branching lines.

I don't put much clout into the leak either. I just don't see any evidence of it being outright fake. I wouldn't say it's hard to fool someone with, but that just makes me skeptical. We actually had evidence against the Grinch Leak due to the inconsistent background. This is still a text leak. The word "Chrono" isn't a good knock against it either. Now, what it definitely means is that they would have to make the character actually named that in Smash in even the US version. Something that's only in the Japanese name. So while it's kind of evidence against it, we can't say Square-Enix wouldn't change their mind for this game at all. Or that it could be redone as a name. The game is not currently relevant at all, so that means there is no recent game to specifically go off of for consistency purposes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
(BTW, please don't double post).

I also took a step back, cause it sounded like you confirmed an amiibo. Sadly that isn't what you meant. D:

Top Bottom