• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
I mean, what Fog meant by "stuff that doesn't make any sense", it's far more along the lines of "Pokémon in here don't evolve no matter how many people they beat the crap out of", among other things.
The stats should be different. Though I wonder if Graizen meant the damage they took would stay the same? It's a given already, but that's the only thing that should stay the same. The rest should change, imo. Even if it's not a huge change. Like Greymon to MetalGreymon shouldn't be a huge weight or power increase compared to Agumon to Greymon. They're nearly the same size. MetalGreymon could instead have a jump increase due to his wings.
no idea who that is, but the point is that what makes sense to us doesnt necessarily make sense to the smash, but i agree digivolving without stat changes would be a little odd
Sounds good
What do you mean by status?
The leak implies that Agumon would be the last Fighter Pass fighter shown off. However, it is possible that it is fake, so don't count on it.
Capcom left one of their biggest characters out of a Marvel VS Capcom game and fans were furious.
And Sakurai's pretty much already said "no" to Heihachi, fortunately. It's not as if he was an interesting character in Tekken.
So the 5ch Leak got Erdrick name in Japanese wrong.

A good point is that the "Json Files" leak got every single character name correct in every single translations.

+1 point for Agumon i think.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So the 5ch Leak got Erdrick name in Japanese wrong.

A good point is that the "Json Files" leak got every single character name correct in every single translations.

+1 point for Agumon i think.
Where did you hear that from?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Im tired of this Board, so i will take a break.

Please take care of this thread for me.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Hahahaha oh wow.
That just killed my hopes of anything DQ happening for a good while, but man is the majority going to look embarrassed when they catch wind of this.
Honestly not sure if this can be brought up elsewhere around here.
Debunking Erdrick leaks doesn't mean no DQ content but what it does mean is that Rocket is back on the table. Because, you know, why not represent Dragon Quest with the character that it's most known for?

And, of course, it means that Brave is free to be literally any destined hero character from japan or Agumon, even if we're only taking the word at face value.

Im tired of this Board, so i will take a break.
Please take care of this thread for me.
See you, dude. Thanks for trying so hard all this time. Hopefully we get some great news for you to return to and the community as a whole will be less hostile to our cause.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Debunking Erdrick leaks doesn't mean no DQ content but what it does mean is that Rocket is back on the table. Because, you know, why not represent Dragon Quest with the character that it's most known for?

And, of course, it means that Brave is free to be literally any destined hero character from japan or Agumon, even if we're only taking the word at face value.
Slime would be good, yes.

Still thinking it might be Wonder Boy revealed right outta nowhere, heh.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Some news:
Digimon Original V-Pet Info and Image from Toy Fair

digimonoriginal_february25_2019.jpg

With Toy Fair being over, various smaller bits of information continue to show up, and with that we get our first solid information on something that has shown up in a couple places over the last month...

First there was listing at an Indonesian import shop under the name 'Digimon Original' and then a bit later Gamestop began to take pre-orders in store under an Assorted Digivice listing.

On display at Toy Fair, along with a few Tamagotchis, was a display for Digimon V-Pets, with the 'original brown' and 'original gray' colors, which were used on both the original V1 and recent Version 20th V-Pets. The Indonesian listing also had yellow and blue colors listed, so we will see what ends up happening colorwise for these.

We can also see the old style English V-Pet logo on the wall, and the anime style logo on a placard. The placard, while hard to read, appears to say 'Original Digimon Digivice', which would seem to further clear up the Gamestop listing.

Based on the information provided by Bandai, the new V-Pets will be very similiar to the original, with a handful of new, unspecified, features added, and are planned to launch this fall.

It 'appears' the specific V-Pets on display were the Version 20th models released a few years ago, but at the moment it isn't clear if these are English releases of those, or if they were just used as display models at Toy Fair.

The Gamestop listings are priced at $20 each, and the Indonesian listing was priced around there also. The recent 20th V-Pets in Japan were priced around $40.

No doubt we will get more info on this soon hopefully.

Source: https://withthewill.net/threads/21326-Digimon-Original-V-Pet-Info-and-Image-from-Toy-Fair

Graizen

Smash Champion
The 20th Anniversary Digimon Adventure anime film will premiere in early spring 2020! On top of that we have our first poster image, along with a logo!

D049IEAUYAEeZNq.jpg

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I literally was going to play in bracket at a weekly last night, right? And so I thought, "YOOO LETS PLAY "HERE WE GO" FROM THE DIGIMON MOVIE!?"

I couldn't. They had it copyright banned or whatever, & I couldn't play it.

HMMM.

Nah just kiddin', but it does make me think a little bit. ;)

Graizen

Smash Champion
I literally was going to play in bracket at a weekly last night, right? And so I thought, "YOOO LETS PLAY "HERE WE GO" FROM THE DIGIMON MOVIE!?"

I couldn't. They had it copyright banned or whatever, & I couldn't play it.

HMMM.

Nah just kiddin', but it does make me think a little bit. ;)
So?

What do you mean?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hey people i have some news about the "Json File" leak.

So apparently it is not so simple to create such a file, you need to know how to program in Java and also have specific programs installed for this type of programming.

See this video for more details about how to create one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot5h1FFy7jk

Not only that but to get a file like this from a specific site you need to do a lot of complicated stuff. It is not so simple to get this kind of information apparently. When this leak was posted it was in Json format, but a user passed the information to a text.

See here how people try to do it: https://www.freecodecamp.org/forum/t/how-to-get-json-data-from-a-website/153769/2

Adding all this to the fact that the person who created the leak had to translate all the names of the characters into all the languages available in the game, it makes that leak become much bigger. And if you want to check it will see that all the names have been translated correctly. Here: https://pastebin.com/ww0rPThm

I'm not going to say that this makes the leak something 100% confirmed, but it really does make it gain more strength.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
i dunno man people are willing to put in a surprising amount of effort into these things
Considering the Grinch leak, where they outright put in promo pictures from an unrelated movie to make their leak look legitimate. But, as Graizen Graizen mentioned, it's not easy to fake this, but is possible,

Last edited:

The Last of Me

Smash Rookie

So apparently it is not so simple to create such a file, you need to know how to program in Java and also have specific programs installed for this type of programming.

See this video for more details about how to create one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot5h1FFy7jk

Not only that but to get a file like this from a specific site you need to do a lot of complicated stuff. It is not so simple to get this kind of information apparently. When this leak was posted it was in Json format, but a user passed the information to a text.

See here how people try to do it: https://www.freecodecamp.org/forum/t/how-to-get-json-data-from-a-website/153769/2

Adding all this to the fact that the person who created the leak had to translate all the names of the characters into all the languages available in the game, it makes that leak become much bigger. And if you want to check it will see that all the names have been translated correctly. Here: https://pastebin.com/ww0rPThm

I'm not going to say that this makes the leak something 100% confirmed, but it really does make it gain more strength.
The SSBU site has all characters names in every language. Also its possible to change the languages in the game. So its so easy to have the names in diferents languages. The person who made the leak only had to translate 5 names. And a programmer who works with java or even other codes can do the code in minutes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Considering the Grinch leak, where they outright put in promo pictures from an unrelated movie to make their leak look legitimate. But, as Graizen Graizen mentioned, it's not easy to fake this, but is possible,
It certainly still beats the average "dur, solve this puzzle to know the whole roster :psycho:" fake leak that came out in droves and only served to waste everyone's time and give their creators some e-peen. I mean, if you're going to mess with people's heads and expectations, at least do it right.

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502

Makes it seem more plausible

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I had a feeling this wasn't easy to do like the Grinch Leak was. That thing was pretty half-assed, and did just barely enough research. Never mind it fooled people using a barely serviceable photoshop job as well as using fan favorites. This one seems a lot more plausible, fitting the "unexpected characters" angle, but also clearly requires a lot more effort in understanding how computer stuff works.

If it's fake, they did a pretty good job. Credit where it's due.

If it's real, pretty nice. Albeit, I'm eh on B&K, but they are still cool characters. Agumon, Reimu, and Chrono are bigger deals to me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I had a feeling this wasn't easy to do like the Grinch Leak was. That thing was pretty half-*****, and did just barely enough research. Never mind it fooled people using a barely serviceable photoshop job as well as using fan favorites. This one seems a lot more plausible, fitting the "unexpected characters" angle, but also clearly requires a lot more effort in understanding how computer stuff works.

If it's fake, they did a pretty good job. Credit where it's due.

If it's real, pretty nice. Albeit, I'm eh on B&K, but they are still cool characters. Agumon, Reimu, and Chrono are bigger deals to me.
At least we got only a few weeks left before we find out if it's legit.

That is, assuming that April actually does reveal the second character...

Eldrake

Smash Lord
While obviously it's not a confirmation of anything, that do tell us one thing; that there's at least one official involved with Digimon who are interested in and/or supportive of the idea of Agumon joining Smash Bros, which is still good news for this thread.

Graizen

Smash Champion
While obviously it's not a confirmation of anything, that do tell us one thing; that there's at least one official involved with Digimon who are interested in and/or supportive of the idea of Agumon joining Smash Bros, which is still good news for this thread.
Months ago i sent a email to the Digimon director in Japan , and he replied saying that he would love for that to happen.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Months ago i sent a email to the Digimon director in Japan , and he replied saying that he would love for that to happen.
I mean, who wouldn't want their character in Smash? It's free advertising. Agumon in Smash would help make Digimon more popular.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, who wouldn't want their character in Smash? It's free advertising. Agumon in Smash would help make Digimon more popular.
Not even that in many cases. Smash is like a badge of honor for many companies. It's the largest gaming crossover in the world(M.U.G.E.N. is actually larger, but isn't nearly the same style of game nor has cameos to the same degree, so...), so having that character appear as is is a huge deal. Sakurai is highly respected, and the series is a huge deal. A huge deal enough that it overtakes most Directs as is. Even if it barely announces things, most tune in just for Smash alone.

The reason above is why we don't see Smash stuff in Nindies either. It would overtake the entire direct, making it difficult for other games to sell. It's hard enough to get people to care about them. Smash overtakes directs just that much.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
theres bound to be some one who doesnt like smash, thinking about it some would say square enix from the way ff is represented

Top Bottom