• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I didn't actually know Tamers were in any of the games. I honestly don't see a world where that happens, but it would be a twist- I've always just taken it that the Smash player would function as the Tamer role. I also don't expect there to be time to groom or feed the Digimon, but it would add a level of uniqueness to the train-them-to-get-them-to-Digivolve aspect.

I just said this in the Rayman thread, but Agumon is absolutely on my short list of most wanted third parties (which consists entirely of characters I feel made a huge impact in the gaming industry, personal connection mostly unnecessary, though a bonus in this case).

I find it funny when we say that characters don't 'represent' anything, when they clearly do, in some cases. We needed an NES rep, we had placeholders for Pokemon and Fire Emblem (for whatever reason the latter, special treatment clearly).

For anyone interested, here is my list (off memory, likely missing one or two of the top tier).

Third Party:
  • Agumon
  • Rayman
  • Bomberman
  • Doom Slayer
  • Master Chief
  • Kratos
  • Lara Croft
  • Red Bird (Angry Birds)
  • Jill Valentine (any Resident Evil)
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Nightmare
  • Sora
  • Frogger
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Scorpion
  • Jonesy
  • Tracer

(Not top tier but I understand)
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Akira (Virtua Fighter)
  • Ezio
  • Monster Hunter
  • Professor Layton
  • Jibanyan
  • Dr Eggman
  • Dante
  • Arle Nadja
  • (World of Warcraft char)
  • Heavy
  • CJ (GTA)
  • Aiai
  • Sol Badguy
  • Morrigan
  • Lloyd Irving

First Party (less revolutionary, but all either missing All-Stars, or series that helped shape Nintendo)
  • Eevee
  • Meowth/Team Rocket
  • Dixie Kong
  • Captian Toad
  • Paper Mario
  • Lip
  • Excite Biker (I'd take Mach Rider)
  • Dragaux ( Considering the sales of Ring Fit, and it being a Switch game... I'm honestly surprised)
  • Isaac
  • Chorus Kids (or any Rhythm Heaven)
  • Andy (or any from 'Wars)
  • Balloon Fighter
  • Dr. Kawashima (or that Professor from Big Brain Academy)
  • Sukapon

(Not Top Tier but wanted)
  • Rillaboom
  • King Boo
  • Koopa Troopa
  • Waluigi
  • DK Jr
  • Bandana Dee
  • All Four Champions separately, OR
  • Lynel
  • Tetra
  • Vaati
  • Takamaru
  • Ray MKIII
  • Sims Character
Digimon World 1 and 2 both have Tamers. Basically, they're stand-ins for yourself since it's no longer a Tamagotchi-like game. A lot of the same stuff applies like taking care of your Digimon, etc. 2 is a Dungeon Crawler, mind you.

The game Ryo is from is adapted into the Anime Tamers, but is the origin of Milleniumon, who is responsible also for a lot of the stuff related to Apocalymon. I forget the details, but let's just say it's overcomplicated. Milleniumon is not in Tamers itself, but it's possible he dimension-hopped or something, since 01 and 02 is from another universe in canon later on. Or they might've retconned Ryo into doing that. It's weird.

There's a lot of later games like Cyber Sleuth that have a full list of characters no different from the anime. Like a woman who has LadyDevimon and Angewomon as her core Digimon. They eventually DNA/Jogress(I'm not sure what word the Game's dub actually uses) into Mastemon, a heroic Vaccine Angel. Basically the opposite of Lucemon Satan Mode(who notably can come from a DNA/Jogress of Angemon and Devimon). As of now, Lucemon Satan Mode is supposed to be Mega.

so what your saying it's better if the goggles severe a purpose? thanks thatll be useful down the line
Well, in the games/anime, sure. I just think they're iconic enough to be on all the costumes as a default thing. It's what makes a leader in Digimon's anime at least. Games... maybe? There's probably at least one of the protagonists(ignoring the games that directly are based upon the anime, of course) who has a set on.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
NGL... I would have loved to see an AT of WereGarurumon. I had such a crush on Matt when I was a kid.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, in the games/anime, sure. I just think they're iconic enough to be on all the costumes as a default thing. It's what makes a leader in Digimon's anime at least. Games... maybe? There's probably at least one of the protagonists(ignoring the games that directly are based upon the anime, of course) who has a set on.
so it depends on the character design? game

NGL... I would have loved to see an AT of WereGarurumon. I had such a crush on Matt when I was a kid.
really? Out of all of them

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like all alts, yep. Alts only work if the character's models are similar enough bodyshapes that you can easily change a few pixel-length bits around. Lucina is an example of this, as she was slightly modified to fit Marth's height, well before she would become a character.

I dunno how many game-only protagonists can do this, though.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Like all alts, yep. Alts only work if the character's models are similar enough bodyshapes that you can easily change a few pixel-length bits around. Lucina is an example of this, as she was slightly modified to fit Marth's height, well before she would become a character.

I dunno how many game-only protagonists can do this, though.
I was taking notes for something else

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

really? Out of all of them
Yep. I think it would be a Digimon of the same era as Agumon, and I feel someone on the line of Garurumon would be most recognizable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
it was your attraction to matt i was questioning
PupNapoleon is Gay and it was around that time he was around Matt's age according to his profile information(doing some math). Give or take a few numbers. So just your normal thing that can happen when watching a show, etc.

Now, I do agree it's not the best way to figure out who an AT is. But WereGarurumon is still a pretty popular Digimon, so it works anyway~

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
PupNapoleon is Gay and it was around that time he was around Matt's age according to his profile information(doing some math). Give or take a few numbers. So just your normal thing that can happen when watching a show, etc.

Now, I do agree it's not the best way to figure out who an AT is. But WereGarurumon is still a pretty popular Digimon, so it works anyway~
i was questioning the fact that it was matt, not cause he was a guy. you didnt need to state that he was gay that much was obvious.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Boy, I was so bracing for a Wargreymon costume today.
In fact, there are no new Namco Bandai costumes at all. All the Namco Bandai costumes are returning ones from Smash 4, and they are the only veteran company from Smash 4 not to get any new costumes on top of the returning ones from 4.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In fact, there are no new Namco Bandai costumes at all. All the Namco Bandai costumes are returning ones from Smash 4, and they are the only veteran company from Smash 4 not to get any new costumes on top of the returning ones from 4.
that’s a shame

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
They might get them with the final character.

I also didn't realize we had a Dragonborn costume last game.

Oh, I also loved Gabumon. Matt and Gabumon were the partners to Tai and Agumon- I'd think it would also make sense as the AT.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I was only referring to the companies that had content in 4, which were Sega, Namco Bandai, Capcom, and Square Enix. Sega (through Atlus), Capcom, and SE all got new costumes while NB has none.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

Oh, I also loved Gabumon. Matt and Gabumon were the partners to Tai and Agumon- I'd think it would also make sense as the AT.
Actually, the Dragonborn costume is brand new. Bethesda had nothing to do with nintendo until the switch.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Mimi and Cody's original dub VA Philece Sampler passed away last Thursday at the age of 67.

PanchamBro

Smash Rookie
It's been a fun ride ya'll getting to speculate on whether or not Agumon is coming to Smash Ultimate.

Shame Agumon wasn't even considered for the game. I just hope that Digimon doesn't fall into a spiral of being forgotten by the general populace.

Top Bottom