• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Being bored makes me want to do unproductive things so enjoy these spirit boards I just did that I can't post the 2 images so therefore have the link instead

Notes:
1. I was too lazy to change the spirit. background and didn't know what else to add
2. I was originally going to add Gabumon instead of Garurumon but thought it'd make more sense for the latter to be able to enhance into Metal Garurumon.
3. There are a few Digimon I wanted to add as spirits (Koromon, Biyomon, Gaomon, Mamemon, Etemon, etc. but couldn't due to the lack of slots and I certainly didn't feel like making another one just for it)
4. 16 spirits + 1 for Metal Garurumon might seem a bit excessive but Final Fantasy's board told me there might be plans to enhance the number of spirits and Digimon seems like one of the perfect franchises since they'd likely want to promote the monsters as well.
5. I was also originally adding the other 7 Adventure Digimon aside from Agumon but felt there was too many rookies and therefore I evolved some of them (Tentomon > Kabuterimon, Palmon > Lilimon, Gabumon > Garurumon) and so on, leaving Biyomon out while Gomamon was replaced for Seadramon, another iconic aquatic Digimon. It also leaves for some variety between the monsters while others were chosen for being iconic, with Tyranomon being one of the first Digimon created, Numemon representing the trash evolutions, Leomon being a recurrent supporting character while Devimon and Machinedramon being recurrent villains throughout the series, and the others were chosen simply for recognizability.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Being bored makes me want to do unproductive things so enjoy these spirit boards I just did that I can't post the 2 images so therefore have the link instead

Notes:
1. I was too lazy to change the spirit. background and didn't know what else to add
2. I was originally going to add Gabumon instead of Garurumon but thought it'd make more sense for the latter to be able to enhance into Metal Garurumon.
3. There are a few Digimon I wanted to add as spirits (Koromon, Biyomon, Gaomon, Mamemon, Etemon, etc.

Thank you in advance!
Looks good, kinda bother me that you don't include all the original digimon partner. I prefer if Metal Garurumon is it's own spirit rather than having to be enhanced from Garurumon (which fits better as an enhanced version of Gabumon) since Gabumon is kinda like Agumon's very own Luigi.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Depending how many you do, MetalGarurumon would make the most sense to come from WereGarurumon anyway. Garurumon rarely Warp Digivolves at all. The only Champion to even do so at any point(at least anime-wise. You can in various games and even the TCG with the right combinations) is Angemon to Seraphimon, and Leomon to SaberLeomon. There might be a few more, but most Warp Dgivolves are Rookie to Mega. And a rare Rookie to Ultimate.

I'd base any Enhanced Spirits on Digivolutions commonly used. ...Oh, right, Infermon went straight to Diaboramon. I forgot that one, heh.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
that was ultimate to mega
Ah, was another Rookie to Ultimate that was done, I think, then?

But yeah, Champion to Mega is a lot more rare, basically. A very legit option nonetheless, but it tends to be a lot more story-driven. It's probably cause Warp Digivolution is used a lot more differently as is. Technically Rookie to Ultimate should be, but it's an actual normal thing in Savers/Data Squad anyway, so it's less common at that point.

Though to be fair, I think they actually removed Warp Digivolving in the latest Digimon Adventure stuff. Tri, not sure on Kizuna(I feel like I'm spelling that last word wrong), and the reboot I don't remember hearing of it. So just digivolving in the normal order itself of levels.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Ah, was another Rookie to Ultimate that was done, I think, then?

But yeah, Champion to Mega is a lot more rare, basically. A very legit option nonetheless, but it tends to be a lot more story-driven. It's probably cause Warp Digivolution is used a lot more differently as is. Technically Rookie to Ultimate should be, but it's an actual normal thing in Savers/Data Squad anyway, so it's less common at that point.

Though to be fair, I think they actually removed Warp Digivolving in the latest Digimon Adventure stuff. Tri, not sure on Kizuna(I feel like I'm spelling that last word wrong), and the reboot I don't remember hearing of it. So just digivolving in the normal order itself of levels.
Rookie to Ultimate in Savers is called Perfect Evolution (Kanzen Shika), it also was used for Champion to Ultimate evolution. Rookie to Mega in Savers as well as Ultimate to Mega in Tri along with Paildramon to Imperialdramon in 02 is called Ultimate Evolution (Kyuukyoku Shinka).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Rookie to Ultimate in Savers is called Perfect Evolution (Kanzen Shika), it also was used for Champion to Ultimate evolution. Rookie to Mega in Savers as well as Ultimate to Mega in Tri along with Paildramon to Imperialdramon in 02 is called Ultimate Evolution (Kyuukyoku Shinka).
that’s because mega is called ultimate in Japan. In the dub it’s double warp digivolve and mega digivolve

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
Agumon is a stretch because Digimon is a monster of a canon nightmare where every piece of media is canon from the games to the anime. I'd be interested how you would make things work really well as I could see a gimmick mechanic of him building up energy to become Greymon to go from small to bowser sized to double his damage output for a short period of time and basically go from Mario height to Bowser height.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Agumon is a stretch because Digimon is a monster of a canon nightmare where every piece of media is canon from the games to the anime. I'd be interested how you would make things work really well as I could see a gimmick mechanic of him building up energy to become Greymon to go from small to bowser sized to double his damage output for a short period of time and basically go from Mario height to Bowser height.
what do you mean it’s all canon?

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
what do you mean it’s all canon?
Like, Every piece of Digimon media is canon to the overall narrative. What happens in the video games happens in the anime and what happens in the movie is never a spinoff but an actual event that happens because Digimon has explained and shown a multiverse that is completely traversable.

Like, Ryo Akiyama is from a Digimon video game ``Anode/Cathode Tamer" where he has to save Matt and Tai. He is later seen in the Digimon movie "Our War Games" and also was the one who was with Ken Ichijoji when he went to the Digital World as a kid with Wormmon. He later was featured in other video games defeating another world ending entity known as 'Milleniummon' which he then went to star in Digimon Tamers where he was the master of the Digimon TCG and knew Digimon were real to Rika before she met Renamon and later appeared to help the main characters later in the series.

Another example can be seen late in Digimon Xross Wars where they summon every previous main characters to stop an apocalypse caused by Mercurymon.

And another one for video game only is that in Cyber Sleuth, One of the Royal Knights completely vanished... So you have to hire a character from a DS game called "Digimon World Re:Digitize: Decode" to have her partner digimon whose Veemon can transform into the missing warrior... by plucking her out of her own dimension and into yours. (She is also one of the tamers to appear in the release of the Digimon TCG with the original Digidestined + Ken and Davis).

But yeah, Anything you watched of Digimon is considered canon. That is probably including the Fox Kids addition to their cut of the Digimon movie(s) with 'Angela Anaconda' transforming into 'Angelamon'; destoryer of worlds

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So I just had a thought. With Sephiroth bringing Advent Children music with him, do you guys think they would add the opening song to the show if Agumon got in? I would love that as Digimon Adventure is one of my shows so it would be so cool if they got the opening song. Of course they would mostly focus on the music from the games but I think it would make a lot of sense to include the Digimon theme in Smash.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Like, Every piece of Digimon media is canon to the overall narrative. What happens in the video games happens in the anime and what happens in the movie is never a spinoff but an actual event that happens because Digimon has explained and shown a multiverse that is completely traversable.

Like, Ryo Akiyama is from a Digimon video game ``Anode/Cathode Tamer" where he has to save Matt and Tai. He is later seen in the Digimon movie "Our War Games" and also was the one who was with Ken Ichijoji when he went to the Digital World as a kid with Wormmon. He later was featured in other video games defeating another world ending entity known as 'Milleniummon' which he then went to star in Digimon Tamers where he was the master of the Digimon TCG and knew Digimon were real to Rika before she met Renamon and later appeared to help the main characters later in the series.

Another example can be seen late in Digimon Xross Wars where they summon every previous main characters to stop an apocalypse caused by Mercurymon.

And another one for video game only is that in Cyber Sleuth, One of the Royal Knights completely vanished... So you have to hire a character from a DS game called "Digimon World Re:Digitize: Decode" to have her partner digimon whose Veemon can transform into the missing warrior... by plucking her out of her own dimension and into yours. (She is also one of the tamers to appear in the release of the Digimon TCG with the original Digidestined + Ken and Davis).

But yeah, Anything you watched of Digimon is considered canon. That is probably including the Fox Kids addition to their cut of the Digimon movie(s) with 'Angela Anaconda' transforming into 'Angelamon'; destoryer of worlds
Maybe we should wait and see if Bandai Namco randomly decides to buy the rights to Angela Anaconda for that last one...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

ah in the multiverse sense

So I just had a thought. With Sephiroth bringing Advent Children music with him, do you guys think they would add the opening song to the show if Agumon got in? I would love that as Digimon Adventure is one of my shows so it would be so cool if they got the opening song. Of course they would mostly focus on the music from the games but I think it would make a lot of sense to include the Digimon theme in Smash.
Well the thing about the AC songs is that they were all remixes of songs that were owned by SE in the first place. The theme songs for the anime would require extra licensing and may be difficult to get from who wrote the songs. Certainly more so than any only owned by NB. Even songs from Nintendo series have trouble with this.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
ah in the multiverse sense

Well the thing about the AC songs is that they were all remixes of songs that were owned by SE in the first place. The theme songs for the anime would require extra licensing and may be difficult to get from who wrote the songs. Certainly more so than any only owned by NB. Even songs from Nintendo series have trouble with this.
And even then they might just be remixed to remove lyrics, like Snake Eater and some of the Bayonetta songs.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So the new fighter confirms that transformations are indeed good for DLC fighters. This could bode well for Agumon.
It honestly was the only core thing that was a potential issue. Competition is one thing, but being able to make the moveset work? No longer a problem. That, and Digivolution is pretty stand out from switching between/among characters.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Digimon (more specifically, Digimon World) got acknowledged as part of Bandai Namco's Nostalgia Week:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Digimon (more specifically, Digimon World) got acknowledged as part of Bandai Namco's Nostalgia Week:

wouldnt it be nice to see that ported onto the switch?

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Millenniumon finally making proper anime debut feels so good. His introduction gives me goosebumps. BTW, has anyone seen size of this Millenniumon? He seems bigger than Godzilla lol

Twilord

Smash Ace
Millenniumon finally making proper anime debut feels so good. His introduction gives me goosebumps. BTW, has anyone seen size of this Millenniumon? He seems bigger than Godzilla lol
Which Smash Bros boss do you think would slot in for Millenniumon?

I think Agumon should digivole when he takes damage instead of a button Comand
Yes, he should digivolve by either filling up a meter while dealing or receiving damage or when he takes or deals a certain amount of damage.
May I present an alternative idea? One which I feel might do a good job of representating both the V-Pets and the RPGs, while giving a taste of the franchise while allowing a broader scope view?

The way I see it Digimon has three major pillars that I would love to see influence his Smash Bros interpretation

• Branching Evolution
  • Bond of Care
  • Meaningful Consequences

You could totally set up Greymon, Tyranomon, Growlmon, GeoGreymon, and Coredramon to all fit as echoes of him, except being bigger. Sorta like reskinned Monado Arts but with a size increase (and maybe a different breath weapon). Coredramon being the weakest (besides Agumon), but giving a multi-jump.

Greymon - Agumon's traditional evolution
Geogreymon - a popular variant evolution for Agumon
Growlmon - probably the most popular champion Digimon in the Dragon's Roar family who doesn't have Greymon in their name
Tyranomon - the first Digimon ever designed and a rival to Greymon
Coredramon - we can't have this many Dragon's Roar Digimon in one group without having a single "dramon"; they're the Digimon equivalent to actual dragons. Coredramon are the in-lore prototypical dramon.

I picture having a Digivolution Gauge (or 'Memory Gauge', a sly reference to the new card game which can slide by as a reference to Cyber Sleuth) which fills while Agumon but drains while one of those forms.

When its empty you de-digivolve; BUT not to Agumon. Rather to the absolutely puny Koromon, the level below Agumon. This is a punish for not paying attention to your V-Pet's needs.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Just a head's up, there's a thread that's dedicated to educating people about potential Smash characters, similar to Rate Their Chances. Today, they're talking about Agumon, if anybody is interested.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
I mean, Smash wise, if we're talking about bosses for Agumon in Smash, I'm pretty sure it would be either Galleom or Dracula. If you guys get why they would make sense and what they are referencing.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean, Smash wise, if we're talking about bosses for Agumon in Smash, I'm pretty sure it would be either Galleom or Dracula. If you guys get why they would make sense and what they are referencing.
marx would also work as a reference

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Why am I getting these vibes if Agumon was to make it, I can see him having alt skins of the main character's partner (plus the red tattoos from the other Agumon)

Top Bottom