• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What's wrong with that?
It comes across as you kicking people out of the thread because they don't agree with you on something fairly minor.

In this case, KirbyWorshipper was saying that it seems like at least one of the returning Namco-Bandai Mii costumes would be released alongside a Namco-Bandai character if we were getting one - it's not a guarantee, since we didn't get Microsoft costumes with Banjo, but it's arguably a bad sign for other Namco-Bandai characters if the Lloyd costume is brought back randomly with a non-Namco-Bandai character.

At the very least, if it was a joke, it could have been worded better.

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
It comes across as you kicking people out of the thread because they don't agree with you on something fairly minor.

In this case, KirbyWorshipper was saying that it seems like at least one of the returning Namco-Bandai Mii costumes would be released alongside a Namco-Bandai character if we were getting one - it's not a guarantee, since we didn't get Microsoft costumes with Banjo, but it's arguably a bad sign for other Namco-Bandai characters if the Lloyd costume is brought back randomly with a non-Namco-Bandai character.

At the very least, if it was a joke, it could have been worded better.
Don't know how I could of worded a joke about their name any better.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Don't know how I could of worded a joke about their name any better.
You're missing the point; it's best not to act like anyone who disagrees with you isn't allowed in the thread. If someone comes in and says that Agumon would be a terrible choice for Smash and Jin/Lloyd/KOS-MOS/Klonoa would be a better Namco-Bandai character, that's one thing, but that's not the case here.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
But the one episode came first. Did it not?
As someone mentioned in the thread earlier, that wouldn't stop them from using WarGreymon, as we have Cloud's Advent Children costume, which debuted in a movie, and Ash-Greninja, even though it was designed specifically with the anime in mind, and only showed up in a proper Pokemon game long after its anime debut. Plus, a lot of planning goes into media and products before they are actually released. So while WarGreymon was designed with the anime in mind, I'm sure it was fully intended to be integrated with other Digimon media separate from the anime, hence why it showed up in a V-Pet a month prior its first appearance in the anime.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I support Agumon for Super Smash Bros. He falls into the same category as Game & Watch, a video game character ingrained in a hardware product.

I watched Digimon as a kid and I adored Digimon as much as I adored Pokemon so having the dream matchup between Pikachu and Agumon would be nothing short of magical. Agumon also has the added benefit of being a cute character and we don't have enough of those in the extended roster. His final smash can be his final Digivolution, Agumon (Bond of Bravery). Agumon's addition gives Sakurai the opportunity to talk about Digimon's virtual pet origins.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Will MetalGreymon's new weapon from anime reboot come in if Agumon really joins?
Probably not. As that's a new form for MetalGreymon and there is no guarantee that they will include him.
His final smash can be his final Digivolution, Agumon (Bond of Bravery). Agumon's addition gives Sakurai the opportunity to talk about Digimon's virtual pet origins.
That seems unlikely to happen.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Whew, finally found the thread! I'm not really rooting for Agumon until recently with the released of Sephiroth we all know that his purpose is to fill in empty gaps that Cloud left in 3DS/Wii U and Ultimate and it is the most under represented series in Smash.

With that case it seems that Sakurai have been aware about this issue and quickly patch it up now, so there's a chance that Sakurai is aware that Bamco is somehow only has 1 fighter in the game being Pac-Man, Namco's mascot, and even then it still feel one sided as so far there's no sign of Bamco rep or even Bandai rep in the game, only Namco. So, considering that even Square Enix gets 2 representation with Final Fantasy represent SquareSoft and Dragon Quest represent Enix it would ideal if we get a character that represent Bandai which is none other than Agumon.

So yeah, add me as a supporter!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Whew, finally found the thread! I'm not really rooting for Agumon until recently with the released of Sephiroth we all know that his purpose is to fill in empty gaps that Cloud left in 3DS/Wii U and Ultimate and it is the most under represented series in Smash.
no hes in the game causes he one of the most famous villains in gaming and because SE really like to push to dynamic between him and cloud

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's still awesome Sephiroth brought in a lot more FFVII content regardless. That was massively lacking.

And we don't know if any characters are brought in to fill a "gap". Reminder that's actually why Zero Suit Samus got in, just to be a Metroid rep. These things do happen. But it's only confirmed under Sakurai's decisions, not Nintendo's.

However, it doesn't make much sense for DLC, since Nintendo is making the character choices, not Sakurai. They are unlikely to think that way at all(it's not impossible, but they're business driven first and foremost).

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
So I'm going on with myself making an idea for Agumon's DLC spirit board with the current batch of Digimon heavily based on the Digimon that the main cast has in the Digimon Adventure anime and so far it's pretty good, except that my knowledge of Digimon is limited so it's a struggle for me to come up for battle conditions while also tempting to have all of them be enhanced to their second form to further emphasize Agumon main gimmick that we're already agree on and that is a Digivolve. Here's what I got in which so far I'm just picking which fighter could represent each of them:

Gabumon_20210116122621.png
= :ulticeclimbers:
Biyomon_20210116123211.png
= :ultfalco:
Gomamon_20210116124119.png
= :ultsquirtle:
Palmon.png
= :ultivysaur:
Tentomon.png
= :ultrob:
Pantamon.png
= :ultpikachu: or :ultmetaknight:
Gatomon.png
= :ultincineroar:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So I'm going on with myself making an idea for Agumon's DLC spirit board with the current batch of Digimon heavily based on the Digimon that the main cast has in the Digimon Adventure anime and so far it's pretty good, except that my knowledge of Digimon is limited so it's a struggle for me to come up for battle conditions while also tempting to have all of them be enhanced to their second form to further emphasize Agumon main gimmick that we're already agree on and that is a Digivolve. Here's what I got in which so far I'm just picking which fighter could represent each of them:

View attachment 299598= :ulticeclimbers:
View attachment 299599= :ultfalco:
View attachment 299600= :ultsquirtle:
View attachment 299602= :ultivysaur:
View attachment 299603= :ultrob:
View attachment 299604= :ultpikachu: or :ultmetaknight:
View attachment 299605= :ultincineroar:
kirby makes sense for patamon

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Is there a chance we can get Butterfly and Brave Heart? Toei would be troublesome company to make a deal with...

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Is there a chance we can get Butterfly and Brave Heart? Toei would be troublesome company to make a deal with...
Butterfly and Brave Heart? What's that? I mean I don't know if it's possible to get a music from a serialized anime.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Butterfly and Brave Heart? What's that? I mean I don't know if it's possible to get a music from a serialized anime.
I mean... we did get Advent Child contents aka non-video game original stuff. Butterfly constantly gets in top anime musics of all time in Japan. I'm sure Sakurai is aware of it. It depends on how far Sakurai is willing to go. Then again, he did say that getting additional FFVII content was headache. I think getting those songs shouldn't be more difficult than that.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I mean... we did get Advent Child contents aka non-video game original stuff. Butterfly constantly gets in top anime musics of all time in Japan. I'm sure Sakurai is aware of it. It depends on how far Sakurai is willing to go. Then again, he did say that getting additional FFVII content was headache. I think getting those songs shouldn't be more difficult than that.
I mean is that theme original or is it a remix of an ost from a specific game, since if it's original then they need to also pay the band or whomever make the opening theme in the first place since so far the ost we get from Advent Children are all remix of a pre-existing song in FF7.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean is that theme original or is it a remix of an ost from a specific game, since if it's original then they need to also pay the band or whomever make the opening theme in the first place since so far the ost we get from Advent Children are all remix of a pre-existing song in FF7.
here you go

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

View attachment 299598= :ulticeclimbers:
View attachment 299599= :ultfalco:
View attachment 299600= :ultsquirtle:
View attachment 299602= :ultivysaur:
View attachment 299603= :ultrob:
View attachment 299604= :ultpikachu: or :ultmetaknight:
View attachment 299605= :ultincineroar:
Gatomon can also work well as Mewtwo. Mewtwo has lightning attacks, and angels are sometimes eldritch abominations. Incineroar's only thing otherwise is being a direct cat, but Gatomon isn't normally dark or fire-related outside of BlackGatomon(who obviously isn't relevant here). Though I'm aware of the latest anime stuff, so it can still work. As for Gabumon, he's not always Ice-related. A lot of stuff is more Fox Fire. I'm thinking, due to the line being often projectile heavy, you could use Duck Hunt as well. I can't think of anything better for Tentomon, if I'm being honest. Though you could justify Pikachu or Pichu, since it's pretty much all about Electricity?

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Gatomon can also work well as Mewtwo. Mewtwo has lightning attacks, and angels are sometimes eldritch abominations. Incineroar's only thing otherwise is being a direct cat, but Gatomon isn't normally dark or fire-related outside of BlackGatomon(who obviously isn't relevant here). Though I'm aware of the latest anime stuff, so it can still work. As for Gabumon, he's not always Ice-related. A lot of stuff is more Fox Fire. I'm thinking, due to the line being often projectile heavy, you could use Duck Hunt as well. I can't think of anything better for Tentomon, if I'm being honest. Though you could justify Pikachu or Pichu, since it's pretty much all about Electricity?
Forgot to mentioned, the references itself only extended to their second evolution, and that second evolution specifically is represented by a different fighter (example: Angewomon represented by Palutena so that she can keep her angelic appearance and magic, so no need for Mewtwo to represent Angewomon and instead focuses on Gatomon. Same goes with Kabuterimon represented by Ridley in Tentomon's battle and so on and so on, of course with a few exceptions)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Forgot to mentioned, the references itself only extended to their second evolution, and that second evolution specifically is represented by a different fighter (example: Angewomon represented by Palutena so that she can keep her angelic appearance and magic, so no need for Mewtwo to represent Angewomon and instead focuses on Gatomon. Same goes with Kabuterimon represented by Ridley in Tentomon's battle and so on and so on)
Ah, that makes more sense, then.

Top Bottom