• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
I currently ****ing love Digimon Adventure:, The first three episodes are a retelling of the first two parts of Digimon: The Movie with the second episode literally being called "War Game" as a reference to Digimon Adventure: Our War Game!, Biyomon digivolves/evolves into Birdramon in episode four, just like in the original.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe with any luck 02's events will be handled better, if they ever get that far.

Also, have a bit more buildup to the final battle with Apocalymon.

On the other hand, with the recent trend of continuity reboots diverging from the original events to some degree, who knows what direction they'll take?

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Your SPOILER is a lie.
It's not a lie, it's what appeared to have happened in episode 5. My own interpretation of events. Obviously we don't know exactly how the new lore pans out yet, so I can't say it with certainty, but, if there's something that directly contradicts my observations, I haven't seen it. Feel free to enlighten me.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
It's not a lie, it's what appeared to have happened in episode 5. My own interpretation of events. Obviously we don't know exactly how the new lore pans out yet, so I can't say it with certainty, but, if there's something that directly contradicts my observations, I haven't seen it. Feel free to enlighten me.
You're non-specific observations are wrong.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's kind of awkward. I hear they're all there, but more are added instead of there just being three. Keep in mind that Adventure and Frontier are also entirely different universes, so they don't have any reason to follow the same story/roles. Not even Ophanimon was that important, as Cherubimon was presented far earlier than that in the canon movies(as the first of the three parts is canon, and the entire movie is in clear continuity with each other due to not being properly separated in the US) as well. Ophanimon was added retroactively, but we already know more than one canon Mega form can exist per season. So with this in mind, Gatomon simply has two official Adventure Megas and that's... it. Nothing that special.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I think your specific phrasing was a little off in that spoiler because,
1594586731286.png

There seems to be 7 main Holy Digimon in this continuity, and Seraphimon is still one of them. I'm assuming your observation was based on the fact that there were only statues of Ophanimon, Cherubimon, and Valdurmon in the temple the Chosen Children wound up in, but considering the fact that the temple was in such a broken up state, I'm willing to believe that the other 4 had statues that were torn down, or perhaps their statues are in another temple. And if the other 4 aren't a part of the main group of Holy Digimon, it would be very odd to show them all together in the flashback like this.

I suppose though that future information could clarify some details, like if Ophanimon, Cherubimon, and Valdurmon were part of their own "unit" amongst the other angels, but currently as far as we know, there are 7 main Holy Digimon including the original 3 Ophanimon, Seraphimon, and Cherubimon.

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
https://wikimon.net/Three_Great_Angels
Christian Angelology
First Sphere-Seraphim, Cherubim, Ophanim
Second Sphere-Dominions, Virtues, Powers
Third Sphere-Principalities, Archangels, Angels
You may recognize these as the plural form of some Digimon Types, except Principalities which doesn't have a Digimon yet. The only Mega-level Digimon that has one of these Types that they didn't show is Dominimon. Also, Rasielmon has the same Type as Ophanimon.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
I have a new (to me atleast) moveset idea for Agumon, focusing more on his Specials and Final Smash.
Agumon
  • Neutral Special: Pepper Breath-Spitfire-Triple Baby Flame or Pepper Breath-Spitfire Blast (Releases a fireball from its mouth-Releases two fireballs from its mouth-Rapidly fires three different fireballs from its mouth in three different directions or Releases a fireball from its mouth-Accumulates fire in its mouth and then spits it out all at once as a bigger and much more powerful fireball.)
  • Neutral Special (Air): Aerial Pepper Breath (Releases a fireball from its mouth while airborne.)
  • Side Special: Cross Fight (Leaps forward a little and viciously bites the enemy.)
  • Up Special: Wildfire Uppercut (Leaps upward a little and attacks with a flaming uppercut with its claws.)
  • Up Special (Air): Wildfire Uppercut (Leaps up and forward a little and attacks with a flaming uppercut with its claws.)
  • Down Special: Agumon Dive (Jumps at the enemy and slams its claws down on them. If it misses it hits the ground and releases a little shockwave.)
Greymon
  • Neutral Special: Nova Blast-Bit Fire (Fires a gigantic ball of flame from its mouth-Spits multiple fireballs from its mouth.)
  • Side Special: Grey Tooth or Great Tooth (Leans forward and viciously bites the enemy.)
  • Up Special: Fire Horn (Leaps upward and attacks with a flaming with its burning horn.)
  • Up Special (Air): Fire Horn (Leaps up and forward and attacks with its burning horn.)
  • Down Special: Fire Wall (Breathes out a wall of fire to stop enemy attacks.)
MetalGreymon (Optional)
  • Neutral Special: Giga Destroyer-Tera Destroyer (Launches a pair of organic missiles from the hatch on its chest-Launches a pair of more powerful organic missiles from the hatch on its chest.)
  • Side Special: Mega Claw (Launches its retractable Trident Arm on a cable.)
  • Side Special (Air): Mega Claw (Launches its retractable Trident Arm on a cable.)
  • Up Special: Metal Slash (Attacks with a fiery slash with its metal claws.)
  • Down Special: Powerful Flame (Unleashes a wave of fire from its mouth.)
Final Smash WarGreymon
  • Point-Blank: Mega Claw (Slashes with its Dramon Killer gauntlets and sends two fiery shockwaves along the ground.)
  • Distanced: Terra Force (Uppercuts the opponent and then jumps high into the air before taking all of the energy within the atmosphere and concentrating it into one spot, then firing it as an extremely dense, high-temperature energy shot.)

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
I have a new (to me atleast) moveset idea for Agumon, focusing more on his Specials and Final Smash.
Agumon
  • Neutral Special: Pepper Breath-Spitfire-Triple Baby Flame or Pepper Breath-Spitfire Blast (Releases a fireball from its mouth-Releases two fireballs from its mouth-Rapidly fires three different fireballs from its mouth in three different directions or Releases a fireball from its mouth-Accumulates fire in its mouth and then spits it out all at once as a bigger and much more powerful fireball.)
  • Neutral Special (Air): Aerial Pepper Breath (Releases a fireball from its mouth while airborne.)
  • Side Special: Cross Fight (Leaps forward a little and viciously bites the enemy.)
  • Up Special: Wildfire Uppercut (Leaps upward a little and attacks with a flaming uppercut with its claws.)
  • Up Special (Air): Wildfire Uppercut (Leaps up and forward a little and attacks with a flaming uppercut with its claws.)
  • Down Special: Agumon Dive (Jumps at the enemy and slams its claws down on them. If it misses it hits the ground and releases a little shockwave.)
Greymon
  • Neutral Special: Nova Blast-Bit Fire (Fires a gigantic ball of flame from its mouth-Spits multiple fireballs from its mouth.)
  • Side Special: Grey Tooth or Great Tooth (Leans forward and viciously bites the enemy.)
  • Up Special: Fire Horn (Leaps upward and attacks with a flaming with its burning horn.)
  • Up Special (Air): Fire Horn (Leaps up and forward and attacks with its burning horn.)
  • Down Special: Fire Wall (Breathes out a wall of fire to stop enemy attacks.)
MetalGreymon (Optional)
  • Neutral Special: Giga Destroyer-Tera Destroyer (Launches a pair of organic missiles from the hatch on its chest-Launches a pair of more powerful organic missiles from the hatch on its chest.)
  • Side Special: Mega Claw (Launches its retractable Trident Arm on a cable.)
  • Side Special (Air): Mega Claw (Launches its retractable Trident Arm on a cable.)
  • Up Special: Metal Slash (Attacks with a fiery slash with its metal claws.)
  • Down Special: Powerful Flame (Unleashes a wave of fire from its mouth.)
Final Smash WarGreymon
  • Point-Blank: Mega Claw (Slashes with its Dramon Killer gauntlets and sends two fiery shockwaves along the ground.)
  • Distanced: Terra Force (Uppercuts the opponent and then jumps high into the air before taking all of the energy within the atmosphere and concentrating it into one spot, then firing it as an extremely dense, high-temperature energy shot.)
Yeah, that's basically what I had in mind. I still think having metal greymon might be too much, but if they can and are willing to make it work, I'm fine with it. I didn't think about giving WarGreymon two final smashes though, that'd be nice.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's basically what I had in mind. I still think having MetalGreymon might be too much, but if they can and are willing to make it work, I'm fine with it. I didn't think about giving WarGreymon two final smashes though, that'd be nice.
I got the idea of him having two Final Smashes from both the fact that it can be down, as shown by Ryu and Ken, and the fact that in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory certain Mega's like WarGreymon have two special attacks instead of one.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
What would his final smash be? I don't think it would be Waegraymon as that's from the show not the games pet.

But if he does get in I hope he can digivovle to graymon in battle. After enough damage or a change down B move like limit break.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
What would his Final Smash be? I don't think it would be WarGreymon as that's from the show not the games pet.

But if he does get in I hope he can digivolve to Greymon in battle. After enough damage or a change down B move like limit break.
Yeah, because Agumon totally couldn't digivolve to WarGreymon in the Digimon Pendulum ZERO Virus Busters.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
What would his final smash be? I don't think it would be Waegraymon as that's from the show not the games pet.

But if he does get in I hope he can digivovle to graymon in battle. After enough damage or a change down B move like limit break.
Cloud got costume from movie. And Greninja debuted in a movie. It's franchise origin that matters.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Cloud got costume from movie. And Greninja debuted in a movie. It's franchise origin that matters.
Fun Fact: It was revealed that Greninja was added into Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U before Pokémon X and Y was even released. Masahiro Sakurai knew that a Generation VI Pokémon was going to be a playable fighter in that game, so when Greninja was decided, all they had to go on in terms of design was concept art, similar to Roy during the development of Super Smash Bros. Melee.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Once again, anything or any character who originates from Mario, Sonic, Pacman, Megaman, etc.. or any franchise that originated as a videogame or was originally planned/intended to originate as a videogame remains a videogame character or object regardless of what media they debut in or were created for.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Once again, anything or any character who originates from Mario, Sonic, Pacman, Megaman, etc.. or any franchise that originated as a videogame or was originally planned/intended to originate as a videogame remains a videogame character or object regardless of what media they debut in or were created for.
no they dont

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, I'm going to lay it down here.

If Lloyd comes back as a Mii costume, Agumon (and, for that matter, any other Bamco character)'s chances for this time are officially toast, since Bamco clearly wouldn't be in a hurry to see more of their characters in Smash for the time being. So you better hope Survive turns out to have been delayed for promoting Agumon's inclusion, otherwise it's time to drum up a fan movement for the next several years.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

If Lloyd comes back as a Mii costume, Agumon (and, for that matter, any other Bamco character)'s chances for this time are officially toast, since Bamco clearly wouldn't be in a hurry to see more of their characters in Smash for the time being. So you better hope Survive turns out to have been delayed for promoting Agumon's inclusion, otherwise it's time to drum up a fan movement for the next several years.
why would it be lloyd or no one?

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
why would it be lloyd or no one?
I still want Agumon to be playable, along with Jin (Tekken), and Lloyd (Tales).

Also, is Digimon a videogame franchise? To answer my own question, I would say yes. It's also the same genre as Pokemon.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I still want Agumon to be playable, along with Jin (Tekken), and Lloyd (Tales).

Also, is Digimon a videogame franchise? To answer my own question, I would say yes. It's also the same genre as Pokemon.
what has that got to do with i was talking about?

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Survive delayed due to the Unity engine or something? I doubt it’s Smash related, tbh.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Lloyd is the one Bamco character that's been particularly wanted by the hardcore Smash base for a few gens now. Given the Tales Of series' fast turnover rate of heroes, I wouldn't be surprised if he's passed over too. If that happens and if there's no Tales Of fighter in the pass at all, Bamco supporters have a long road ahead of them.

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Lloyd is the one Bamco character that's been particularly wanted by the hardcore Smash base for a few gens now. Given the Tales Of series' fast turnover rate of heroes, I wouldn't be surprised if he's passed over too. If that happens and if there's no Tales Of fighter in the pass at all, Bamco supporters have a long road ahead of them.
Yeah, because we need another sword fighter.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My point is that for no discernable reason, every single Bamco character that isn't :ultpacman: is getting systematically passed over (explicitly or not). At this point, the only thing that can be done is to pray that Agumon was chosen for Fighters Pass 2 a while back, otherwise it's back to square one yet again.

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
My point is that for no discernable reason, every single Bamco character that isn't :ultpacman: is getting systematically passed over (explicitly or not). At this point, the only thing that can be done is to pray that Agumon was chosen for Fighters Pass 2 a while back, otherwise it's back to square one yet again.
It seems to me that you're just spouting useless bullcrap and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
honestly i think that might just be a touch of paranoia there, although i get where youre coming from about more NB characters. though i would dispute your other point cause in my experience its not the hardcore smash fans who want lloyd its the hardcore tales fans

Good, we don't need any Kirby worshippers here!
now there is just no need for that

Last edited:
Top Bottom