• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
Official Cards of all final forms for the Anime Protagonists of all Digimon seasons! What will be next?

Cards.jpg

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Here are some potential color palettes I put together for our digital champion:

References:
Yellow - Default
Red - Guilmon
Dark Blue - MetalGreymon (Virus)
Green - Betamon
Light Blue - Veemon
Pink - Koromon
White - SnowAgumon
Black - BlackAgumon

I've also made a hypothetical Challenger Pack over on the general forum in case anyone wants to check it out. Just my little tribute to a franchise that's very important to me.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

References:
Yellow - Default
Red - Guilmon
Green - Betamon
Light Blue - Veemon
Pink - Koromon
White - SnowAgumon
Black - BlackAgumon

I've also made a hypothetical Challenger Pack over on the general forum in case anyone wants to check it out. Just my little tribute to a franchise that's very important to me.
nice selection, but might i ask why betamon?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
nice selection, but might i ask why betamon?
There weren't a whole lot of things I could reference with the green color that was related to Agumon, and Smash characters always have red, blue and green colors, so I chose Betamon because it has a similar eye design to Agumon, as well as it being prominent in a lot of early promotional content. It was also the one other Rookie Digimon on the first Digimon Virtual Pet alongside Agumon, so I guess there's also a loose connection there.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There weren't a whole lot of things I could reference with the green color that was related to Agumon, and Smash characters always have red, blue and green colors, so I chose Betamon because it has a similar eye design to Agumon, as well as it being prominent in a lot of early promotional content. It was also the one other Rookie Digimon on the first Digimon Virtual Pet alongside Agumon, so I guess there's also a loose connection there.
fair enough i guess, though i would say that connections a little bit stronger than loose

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit has an alternate color for Agumon because it's a fighting game, that is a reddish pink with blue eyes.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
the original or the 1.5 version?
Both games. The only thing 1.5 did was add Gatomon, Ophanimon, Patamon, Seraphimon, Beelzemon: Blast Mode, Extra Guilmon, Gallantmon: Crimson Mode and a couple of new maps and themes.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Both games. The only thing 1.5 did was add Gatomon, Ophanimon, Patamon, Seraphimon, Beelzemon: Blast Mode, Extra Guilmon, Gallantmon: Crimson Mode and a couple of new maps and themes.
hmm never saw it when i was playing, better see if i can spot it if i go back

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
no I did, think veemon was the only one I didn't play as, but I have no memory of this colour swap
Well when you play as Agumon and get to the Agumon stage it appears because you're using Agumon. Anytime you play as one of the starting characters they're replace with their alternate color when you would fight them in the story. Also, if you didn't play as Veemon, you didn't play as all the Digimon, because Lopmon, Impmon, Gabumon, BlackAgumon and EX-Agumon are unlockable digimon. You unlock BlackAgumon by beating the game twice with two different characters, you unlock Lopmon by beating the game with any 3 digimon but not the 2 you used to get BlackAgumon, you unlock Impmon by beating the game with 300, or more D-Spirit, and having beaten Impmon, you unlock Gabumon and EX-Agumon by completing the game with all of the original Digimon, along with Lopmon and BlackAgumon.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well when you play as Agumon and get to the Agumon stage it appears because you're using Agumon. Anytime you play as one of the starting characters they're replace with their alternate color when you would fight them in the story. Also, if you didn't play as Veemon, you didn't play as all the Digimon, because Lopmon, Impmon, Gabumon, BlackAgumon and EX-Agumon are unlockable digimon. You unlock BlackAgumon by beating the game twice with two different characters, you unlock Lopmon by beating the game with any 3 digimon but not the 2 you used to get BlackAgumon, you unlock Impmon by beating the game with 300, or more D-Spirit, and having beaten Impmon, you unlock Gabumon and EX-Agumon by completing the game with all of the original Digimon, along with Lopmon and BlackAgumon.
its been a while i cant remember what i did and didnt do, i just presume i didnt play as him cause i really dont like him

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
I just going to tell you all right now that none of Agumon alternate color are going to be a reference to anything.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No ToyAgumon skin no buy! :p
Well, my Photoshop skills do have their limits haha.

I do think it brings up a question of how they’d handle his Digivolutions with a ToyAgumon skin though, since there isn’t a ToyGreymon and so forth.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Does Agumon technically count as sleeper's pick? I think that would be the case because so many people think Digimon started as anime.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
what makes you say that? might i ask
Shiny Incineroar, Shiny Greninja, Shiny Jigglypuff, Shiny Lucario, Current Shiny Mewtwo, Shiny Pichu, Shiny Pikachu, Current Shiny Charizard and Shiny Ivysaur.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Shiny Incineroar, Shiny Greninja, Shiny Jigglypuff, Shiny Lucario, Current Shiny Mewtwo, Shiny Pichu, Shiny Pikachu, Current Shiny Charizard and Shiny Ivysaur.
ok but there are far more alts that do reference something

also shiny inceneroar is in the game

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To state my educated opinion; overall, there's nothing in particular that points towards some DLC characters being likely to getting alts. PP, Banjo and Terry only have palette swaps (with slight edits for Terry and PP at most). Terry's palettes do have clear references, but only on the caps. You have to squint to think that Banjo's palettes reference anything at all, and even then it's a stretch.

If the staff thinks about including alts for certain characters or have color variants referencing something, cool, otherwise it's not really a solid priority.

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Well, my Photoshop skills do have their limits haha.

I do think it brings up a question of how they’d handle his Digivolutions with a ToyAgumon skin though, since there isn’t a ToyGreymon and so forth.
In most games that have ToyAgumon, one of his digivolution trees tends to be the Greymon line so he could still digivolve into that if Digivolution was included as his gimmick

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To state my educated opinion; overall, there's nothing in particular that points towards some DLC characters being likely to getting alts. PP, Banjo and Terry only have palette swaps (with slight edits for Terry and PP at most). Terry's palettes do have clear references, but only on the caps. You have to squint to think that Banjo's palettes reference anything at all, and even then it's a stretch.

If the staff thinks about including alts for certain characters or have color variants referencing something, cool, otherwise it's not really a solid priority.
no, banjo and kazooie have some pretty clear ones, particularly the one that looks like grunty and the ones that came from tooie's multiplayer mode

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
rigth so you think that because not every alt is a reference to something, agumon would get no reference alts at all? cause thats kind of what it sounds like
It doesn't list all of them. I said what I said and I'll stand by it to the death!

References:
Yellow - Default
Red - Guilmon
Green - Betamon
Light Blue - Veemon
Pink - Koromon
White - SnowAgumon
Black - BlackAgumon

I have a problem with your Challenger Pack and a question.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It doesn't list all of them. I said what I said and I'll stand by it to the death!
ok but i still dont get how you came to that conclusion, oh forget it, it doesnt matter

Interesting

There was a problem fetching the tweet
as someone who joins in, in making up ace attorney references in those pics im fairly certain its unintentional

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Interesting

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I said it in another thread (I can't remember which one), but don't read too deeply into the random goofy pictures that Sakurai posts. It seems unlikely that he's weaving in subtle little clues and hints for the next fighter which could be interpreted hundreds of different ways and twisted to fit whatever character a person chooses to support.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I feel the need to repost this:

Let's not desperately look for hints where there aren't any, this isn't CTR Nitro-Fueled.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I said it in another thread (I can't remember which one), but don't read too deeply into the random goofy pictures that Sakurai posts. It seems unlikely that he's weaving in subtle little clues and hints for the next fighter which could be interpreted hundreds of different ways and twisted to fit whatever character a person chooses to support.
probably the ace attorney thread

I feel the need to repost this:

Let's not desperately look for hints where there aren't any, this isn't CTR Nitro-Fueled.
to be fair some of us are just having fun

Top Bottom