• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
For the Artistic style i don't know but yeah now that you mention it there are some thing that can look like persona but that's not much

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey, does anybody know what Digimon Re Arise is? I've never heard of it until now, when I saw a post on Twitter.

Shadowvegeta

Smash Cadet
Agumon is probably my most wanted character and one I constantly think of move set ideas for fun. A cool idea for Agumon's neutral B move that I was thinking of would be just pressing the button would release pepper breath which wouldn't move that far and deal a small amount of damage. However if you hold the button you can charge it up for a more powerful move called baby burn which would obviously move further and deal more damage. Side B would be claw attack the longer you hold it the farther he'll go and the stronger the attack will be ( basically Ike's Side B). Up B being a simple claw uppercut that I see acting like the one in All Star Rumble. It wont have that good of a recovery but deals a good amount of damage when it hits. Down B is kinda hard to think of because I can see it as 2 different things. One idea is that its simply digivolve into Greymon to be a more slower but stronger fighter (if not this then maybe give him a digivolve meter). The other idea is it being would be Cross fire which would be a counter move having 2 random effects that each happen at a 50% chance. The first being a weak slash with his claws that would deal small knockback damage and the second being a strong bite that doesn't have knockback but would stun your opponent for a small amount of time allowing for some combo potential. And finally the final smash would obviously be Wargreymon/Terra force. Thats just my idea probably not the best idea for a move set for the lovable orange dino, but its fun to just imagine how fun and interesting Agumon would be if he got in to Ultimate. Heres hoping our wish becomes reality.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Agumon is the obvious choice for representation from Digimon Franchise. Because of Anime. But Tyrannomon is the Digimon Icon. Agumon could get this as one stage for his Evo line in Smash.
However, I would prefer - besides Guilmon Evoline - a human hybrid Digimon with evolution to the Ultimate Stage (Japanese level declaration) this would fit better to Smash Gameplay.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Agumon is the obvious choice for representation from Digimon Franchise. Because of Anime. But Tyrannomon is the Digimon Icon. Agumon could get this as one stage for his Evo line in Smash.
However, I would prefer - besides Guilmon Evoline - a human hybrid Digimon with evolution to the Ultimate Stage (Japanese level declaration) this would fit better to Smash Gameplay.
Tyrannomon? This one?

I feel like I'm missing something, because I don't recall it being prominent in any anime series or movie, or any game that I'm played (which, admittedly, were just Digimon Battle Spirit and the Gamecube games).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Tyrannomon? This one?

I feel like I'm missing something, because I don't recall it being prominent in any anime series or movie, or any game that I'm played (which, admittedly, were just Digimon Battle Spirit and the Gamecube games).
i think he was meant to be the mascot originally, the alex kid to agumon's sonic or the clefairy to agumon's pikachu

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Agumon too has appeared in every Digimon game so far and often plays a more prominent role, especially in games like Cyber Sleuth and is often treated as a Digimon starter, like in Digimon World or the DS games without Tyrannomon being part of the evolutionary line. Other than appearing in a cover of a japanese-only Digimon game I really don't recall Tyrannomon having a higher role than Agumon, as it even makes very minor appearances in the anime.

Does he? I don't remember him in tamers
Agumon only makes cameos and is referenced in Tamers, not as a full physical appearance.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Tyrannomon? This one?

Tyrannomon has the same role as Rhydon in Pokémon, he was the first Digimon created but not of great importance.

Agumon is probably my most wanted character and one I constantly think of move set ideas for fun. A cool idea for Agumon's neutral B move that I was thinking of would be just pressing the button would release pepper breath which wouldn't move that far and deal a small amount of damage. However if you hold the button you can charge it up for a more powerful move called baby burn which would obviously move further and deal more damage. Side B would be claw attack the longer you hold it the farther he'll go and the stronger the attack will be ( basically Ike's Side B). Up B being a simple claw uppercut that I see acting like the one in All Star Rumble. It wont have that good of a recovery but deals a good amount of damage when it hits. Down B is kinda hard to think of because I can see it as 2 different things. One idea is that its simply digivolve into Greymon to be a more slower but stronger fighter (if not this then maybe give him a digivolve meter). The other idea is it being would be Cross fire which would be a counter move having 2 random effects that each happen at a 50% chance. The first being a weak slash with his claws that would deal small knockback damage and the second being a strong bite that doesn't have knockback but would stun your opponent for a small amount of time allowing for some combo potential. And finally the final smash would obviously be Wargreymon/Terra force. Thats just my idea probably not the best idea for a move set for the lovable orange dino, but its fun to just imagine how fun and interesting Agumon would be if he got in to Ultimate. Heres hoping our wish becomes reality.
Agumon > Greymon > MetalGreymon ( Was a evolution line Agumon had in Digimon World and Virtual Pets )

Agumon > Greymon > WarGreymon ( Was a evolution line Agumon had in Digimon Rumble Arena 2 )

Agumon > Greymon > MetalGreymon > WarGreymon ( Was a evolution line Agumon had in Digimon Adventure the Anime and is the most used one )

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Does he? I don't remember him in tamers
https://wikimon.net/Agumon#Digimon_Tamers

Tyrannomon is one of four Digimon (five counting Numemon) that Agumon could digivolve into in Digital Monster Ver. 1 and is the second most consistent Digivolution of Agumon behind Greymon.
Agumon has appeared in these games; Digital Monster Ver. S, Digimon World, Digital Monster Ver. WonderSwan, Digimon Adventure: Anode Tamer & Cathode Tamer, Digimon World: Digital Card Battle, Pocket Digimon World, Digimon World 2, Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers, Digimon Adventure 02: D1 Tamers, Digimon Adventure 02: Digital Partner, Digimon World: Digital Card Arena, Digimon Tamers: Digimon Medley, Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit, Digimon Tamers: Battle Evolution, Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer, Digimon RPG, Digimon World 3, Digital Monster: D-Project, Digimon Racing, Digimon Battle Chronicle, Digimon World X, Digimon Masters, Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, Digimon Life, Digimon Xros Arena, Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue & Red, Digimon Collectors, Digimon World Re:Digitize, Digimon Crusader, Digimon Adventure, Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode, Digimon Fortune, Digimon Fusion Fighters, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Digimon Soul Chaser, Digimon World -next 0rder-, Digimon Linkz, Digimon World -next 0rder- International Edition, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory, Digimon ReArise and Digimon Encounters. Note: If you remember him being in a game that isn't on this list then it was the 2006 Anime redesign aka Agumon (Savers).

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Tyrannomon did have some recent prominence as the mascot of the 20th Anniversary of Digimon a few years ago, and I think as such they're treating him with a little more respect given this and his status as the "original" Digimon. Tyrannomon should definitely be one of the Spirits that would come with Agumon, or better yet, a Mii costume. Though now that I think about it, it would be kinda neat if somehow Tyrannomon could be part of Agumon's moveset. Like, if you don't fulfill the requirements to turn into Greymon (idk how that would work tho lol), then Agumon would turn into Tyrannomon instead. I don't think there'd be a very practical way to implement this, but it's a cool thought.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Tyrannomon did have some recent prominence as the mascot of the 20th Anniversary of Digimon a few years ago, and I think as such they're treating him with a little more respect given this and his status as the "original" Digimon. Tyrannomon should definitely be one of the Spirits that would come with Agumon, or better yet, a Mii costume. Though now that I think about it, it would be kinda neat if somehow Tyrannomon could be part of Agumon's moveset. Like, if you don't fulfill the requirements to turn into Greymon (idk how that would work tho lol), then Agumon would turn into Tyrannomon instead. I don't think there'd be a very practical way to implement this, but it's a cool thought.
You want a Good Mii Costume with the name Tyrannomon?

ExTyrannomon!

Extyranomon.jpg

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
You want a Good Mii Costume with the name Tyrannomon?

ExTyrannomon!

View attachment 241605
OHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH, I totally forgot about ExTyrannomon! Man I'd love it it they made that a Mii costume. Now that I think about it, Etemon would also be a perfect Mii Brawler costume, he is essentially a living Monkey suit after all.
1570757442578.png

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Been a while since I posted here but I'm currently trying to decide whether I should splurge for Digimon Cyber Sleuth of Switch.

I'll be honest, the clincher is Gazimon, my favourite Digimon being playable and able to turn into Leomon, my favourite from the anime.

I'm also slightly wary. As much as I love Digimon the games tend to be a little lackluster. I hear this one is good though? Can anyone give me their personal thoughts?

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Been a while since I posted here but I'm currently trying to decide whether I should splurge for Digimon Cyber Sleuth of Switch.

I'll be honest, the clincher is Gazimon, my favourite Digimon being playable and able to turn into Leomon, my favourite from the anime.

I'm also slightly wary. As much as I love Digimon the games tend to be a little lackluster. I hear this one is good though? Can anyone give me their personal thoughts?
I FRICKIN' LOVE THIS GAME!!!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

most of the gang here has been recommending it, ill be getting it at some point

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got the digital version of Cyber Sleuth today. I was planning on getting the physical version originally, but my arm's in a cast so I can't drive, the digital version takes up much less space than I expected (4.9 GB for two console RPGs in one seems insane), and being able to play the game without changing cartridges is convenient.

I'll give it a try either tonight or tomorrow and post my first impressions.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hmm im defiantly getting cyber sleuth im just not sure when, theres a few switch games i want to get and the moment and there a couple of big must haves for me on the horizon

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I only played a bit of Cyber Sleuth (don't even have a Digimon yet), but I can already tell that this is aimed at a slightly older audience than the series based on the design of the main trio alone. I started with Cyber Sleuth over Hacker's Memory - since it gets an extra subtitle, I assume that Hacker's Memory was released second.

I'm not sure if this is going to be more like Mega Man Battle Network (where plucky kids use Digimon to solve all sorts of problems because everything is connected to the internet) or Persona 5 (Digimon are treated as hacker tools, so I could see the actions of the protagonists being treated as criminal). I could see it falling somewhere in between - not as black-and-white as Mega Man, but not as dark or critical of society as Persona.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Cyber Sleuth is an excellent RPG, Digimon aside. The game is chunky with good play time and team building is a lot of fun (and actually insanely necessary for some bosses who will just WRECK your entire team if you're not prepared). Story is great, characters are fun and I loved playing it originally on my Vita. I never got to play Hacker's Memory so having both games on one cart is just a bonus. Been needing to play that one and I will, right after I go through Sleuth again.

If you love Digimon, didn't have a PS4 or Vita (or did but never played it), pick this set of games up.

Still super excited for Digimon Survive next year.

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
Got the cyber sleuth collection for the switch yesterday and am enjoying it so far. Coming from Pokemon, there's a lot more storytelling and there's definitely more concepts you need to understand. My only personal complaint is the language options. Since I bought mine in the U.S I can only play it in English or German. But since I know enough Japanese (as well as Chinese ) and the voices are in Japanese, I would've just rather been able to play with Japanese subtitles. But that's just me as a language learner. But especially considering these are Vita ports, they're pretty good games

Graizen

Smash Champion
Got the cyber sleuth collection for the switch yesterday and am enjoying it so far. Coming from Pokemon, there's a lot more storytelling and there's definitely more concepts you need to understand. My only personal complaint is the language options. Since I bought mine in the U.S I can only play it in English or German. But since I know enough Japanese (as well as Chinese ) and the voices are in Japanese, I would've just rather been able to play with Japanese subtitles. But that's just me as a language learner. But especially considering these are Vita ports, they're pretty good games
What Digimon you have now in the game?

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
I have never heard that a game with world wide release had only German language options besides English outside from Europe. XD
Strange.
Yeah it's weird, I would've expected Spanish and/or French instead. But yeah I double checked both eshops and the US one said English and German while the Japanese one offers Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. IDK why they did that considering most switch games just offer any language avaliable for each game since they no longer region lock

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
That's your problem right there, you got it for the Switch. The Steam page for it states that its has English, German, Japanese, Korean and Traditional Chinese Interface as well as Subtitles in those Languages.

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Played Cyber Sleuth for the first time and I've got to say I'm definitely not disappointed, the intro may get slow at the beginning but it picks up pretty fast afterwards and things get interesting. There are definitely more mature themes as such ghosts have been showing up everywhere and the player straight up falling in a coma (not really spoilers since it happens very early), which definitely puts me to experiment with something different. Haven't played a lot though since I got caught up and had to do stuff but I seriously enjoyed the game's introduction. Oh and btw my starter is Terriermon <3

Graizen

Smash Champion
Played Cyber Sleuth for the first time and I've got to say I'm definitely not disappointed, the intro may get slow at the beginning but it picks up pretty fast afterwards and things get interesting. There are definitely more mature themes as such ghosts have been showing up everywhere and the player straight up falling in a coma (not really spoilers since it happens very early), which definitely puts me to experiment with something different. Haven't played a lot though since I got caught up and had to do stuff but I seriously enjoyed the game's introduction. Oh and btw my starter is Terriermon <3
i Started with Hagurumon , but Terriermon is good as well

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
i Started with Hagurumon , but Terriermon is good as well
I always start with Hagurumon whenever possible in any Digimon game, or at the very least, get him ASAP. I'm a huge fan of the Metal Empire family of Digimon with Machinedramon (Mugenadraon) being my favorite in the family, RustTyrannomon being second. But Etemon will always be my favorite lad overall.

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
I still don't know what to evolve my Terriermon into, it's gotta be either one of the Gaomon, Leomon or Garurumon lines since they're some of my favorite Digimon.

Top Bottom