• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I wouldn't say it's so much "rude" as it is "demanding". I feel like it puts a pressure on anyone new joining our cause and, while it doesn't seem to have done yet, I feel like that could potentially push people away.
Perhaps, though, something less involved like "Do you have any thoughts on how you'd like Agumon to play?" would spur the same discussion with less sense of requirement?

Last edited:

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Yeah, my bad since I have kind of poorly worded it, try to not tell people who basically arrived in and use less demanding phrases as ryuu seika ryuu seika said, that way it'd be much nicer

KickleCubiclist

Smash Apprentice
I just wanna say I’ve never really played through a Digimon game but Agumon would be so cool and his character design is cool.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I'm not sure I would support Agumon, or not. I don't know him very well. Because I can't determine weather he merits to be a playable character or an assist trophy.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm not sure I would support Agumon, or not. I don't know him very well. Because I can't determine weather he merits to be a playable character or an assist trophy.
he merits full on playable, he has the moveset the potential and the series has enough of a following

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
he merits full on playable, he has the moveset the potential and the series has enough of a following
Yeah. Digimon is still active today, with 4 games set to release on the Switch, a new anime movie coming out next year, etc.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Yeah. Digimon is still active today, with 4 games set to release on the Switch, a new anime movie coming out next year, etc.
Then I will support him! But on the other hand, I would prefer Yu-(insert suffix here) as an assist trophy in Smash 6.

That's sound justifiable, he would be an amazing addition! Unlike Joker/Ren. Although, Agumon isn't the best addition for me, I still want him.

Also, my assist trophy desires are for unwanted playable characters.

Last edited:

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
Then I will support him! But on the other hand, I would prefer Yu-(insert suffix here) as an assist trophy in Smash 6.

That's sound justifiable, he would be an amazing addition! Unlike Joker/Ren. Although, Agumon isn't the best addition for me, I still want him.

Also, my assist trophy desires are for unwanted playable characters.
Good to have more supporters for Agumon's inclusion in smash ultimate

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Agumon as an assist trophy would be like Bomberman as an assist trophy: An icon of a time and a genre who still holds relevance and sway today being relegated to an insignificant cameo role as though they were a nobody. It would be an insult and a travesty but not, sadly, beyond the relm of possibility.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Agumon as an assist trophy would be like Bomberman as an assist trophy: An icon of a time and a genre who still holds relevance and sway today being relegated to an insignificant cameo role as though they were a nobody. It would be an insult and a travesty but not, sadly, beyond the relm of possibility.
I think Bomberman is a worse assist trophy than Agumon, but I would love to have both Bomberman and Agumon.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Last I checked it wasn’t up for the uk yet

Well Sakurai sees assist trophies as the next best thing, even if the fans don’t

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
I hope that the EU Release of DSCS CE is still uncensored with all dlcs and extras.

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Don't know if it's going to include the uncensored version but iirc it was confirmed that both games are going to have the DLC and extras that were released in the japanese version. Cyber Sleuth is also going to have all extra Digimon from Hacker's Memory such as Lunamon and Fanbeemon.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It is Agumon's day in Rate Their Chances. Please show your support.

Graizen Graizen since I know you got a lot to say on your little buddy.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
I cannot find any information related to the updates from Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth.

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
BTW I was wondering...
How would you all feel about Agumon X Antibody being an alt, similar to Uniform Joker and the other DQ Heroes?
agumon_x__digimon_masters__by_guiltronprime_dd2xurz-pre.jpg
d41bbf60be623887b5de0cb5c7544f00.png
250px-MetalGreymon_X.png
250px-WarGreymon_X.png

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
EDIT: Oh, & I made a post in that Rate Their Chances thread that was talking about Agumon & Jibanyan. Gave my two cents without trying to bring up too many common points. I wanted to sell my perspective on Agumon & why I felt he was actually plausible this time around.

I also tried my hand at designing some alts
View attachment 234635
BOY. THE LAST PALETTE IS JUST BLACKAGUMON, BUT THE BLACK RECOLOR ANTIBODY VARIANT MAKES THE RED LINES WITH THE WHITE CHEST RESEMBLE LITERALLY DARKTYRANNOMON AND I CAN'T UNSEE THAT. WELL DONE.

Okay this is sick. For starters, I'm not that confident that they'd have recolored claws 200%. However, I can see it being a change they could make which wouldn't be as crazy. But I can definitely believe in eye color & anything like stomach/pecs/jaw. This makes me really wish we had 16 alt slots to pick from now. Because we could have all "original" Digidestined partner-digimon colors like Patamon & Gatomon. I guess Patamon would be represented in Agumon X because it's more golden-orange?... But needless to say, this is great.

The Gomamon-recolor looks sick. It basically serves other familiar digimon like SnowAgumon, & MetalTyrannomon(???) in a waaaay. Not realllly, but sortaaa...

BTW I was wondering...
How would you all feel about Agumon X Antibody being an alt, similar to Uniform Joker and the other DQ Heroes?
View attachment 234636View attachment 234637View attachment 234638View attachment 234639
I wouldn't mind X being an alt. But that would mean that the X antibody affects the other palettes.... if that meant we were getting the WarGrey line. Which, I accept that. It's only 1 or 2 palettes at most if X was featured in some form of content for the character slot.

Last edited:

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
New here, just wanna say I've been wanting Agumon since sm4sh and support him all the way. His introduction line should totally be "Agumon digivolves into ultimate" (smash ultimate) lol

ryuu seika

Smash Master
That has to be the cleverest tagline yet. I love it!

BTW I was wondering...
Is he not just a recolour? I mean, sure, altered Digivolution line models would be nice but they don't feel mandatory and, if possible, I'd prefer an alt model going to Savers Agumon.

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
That has to be the cleverest tagline yet. I love it!

Is he not just a recolor? I mean, sure, altered Digivolution line models would be nice but they don't feel mandatory and, if possible, I'd prefer an alt model going to Savers Agumon.
He would be if there was such a thing as recolors in Digimon. Agumon-X Digimon Reference Book Profile "As a Dinosaur-type, its qualities for evolving into an especially outstanding Greymon-species have improved, unique blue lines show up in its body color, and it is no longer a Reptile-type but is classified as a Dinosaur-type. Its claws honed, increasing its lethal potential further, and as a result of its ferocity being drawn out more strongly, it is now capable of firing its "Baby Burner", where it amasses single shots of "Baby Flame" in its mouth and then spews it out all at once." I don't think Savers Agumon would work as a Alt Model as RizeGreymon and ShineGreymon's designs are so different to MetalGreymon and WarGreymon's designs.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Each Dino Agumon can evolve to each viccin Greymon. Agumon can reach ShineGreymon BM.

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
Drew my 2 most wanted newcomers
THE_BOYS.png

also did a version with just Agumon in case you wanted that.
agumon_is_in.png

Top Bottom