• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hey guys i need some help.
This guy on Twitter posted this:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

"Heard from a VERY RELIABLE source that Dr. Agumon (the best character from digimon) is hidden DLC for Smash Ultimate that he datamined."

But , i don't know this guy.
Can someone help me with this info?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hey guys i need some help.
This guy on Twitter posted this:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

"Heard from a VERY RELIABLE source that Dr. Agumon (the best character from digimon) is hidden DLC for Smash Ultimate that he datamined."

But , i don't know this guy.
Can someone help me with this info?
Who the hell is this guy and why should I trust him?

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Me and my friends , we are doing a "art a day" to support Agumon in Smash!

Graizen

Smash Champion
Bandai talked to the guys supporting Agumon on twitter.
They asked about agumon in smash as Tamagotchi representation.

bandai.jpg

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Currently playing Agumon in Digimon Rumble Area and loving WarGreymon's Terra Force. Also, great Agumon variations, except for the fact that the ones from Digimon Battle Spirits where shown as ToyAgumon in the video.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Someone showed me this:

logos.jpg

Digimon Virtual Pets for 2019 are using a new "Digimon X Logo" that resembles the Smash Brawl logo.

I think this means nothing but...
What you guys think?

Graizen

Smash Champion
I ended up getting a PS4 for Christmas, so does anybody know any good Digimon games for it?
There are 3 Digimon Games on PS4, and all are awesome!

Digimon Next Order = It's just like the first Digimon World
Digimon Story - Cyber Sleuth
Digimon Story - Cyber Sleuth - Hackers Memory ( Continuation of Cyber Sleuth )

Play them all, they're wonderful.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I have Hacker's Memory and I'm glad that I bought it.

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502

I've played through both Cyber sleuth and hackers memory, they're amazing games. I'm close to collecting all the Digimon in them.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
For the purpose of discussion, I thought I might ask-- how would you guys feel about Wargreymon himself being the main playable character instead of Agumon? Like, Agumon could show up for the entrance animation and maybe a victory screen, but Wargreymon is otherwise the main fighter. While I do love Agumon, I feel that he could potentially end up feeling like a smaller, faster version of Bowser or Charizard as he is.

I think that Wargreymon's design and moveset offers a lot more to work with compared to Agumon, and although Agumon is the mascot, Wargreymon is pretty iconic in his own right, being Agumon's most recognizable final form and all (well, aside from Omegamon of course). After giving it some thought, Wargreymon's become one of my most wanted characters for DLC, but what do you guys think? Would you be cool with just Wargreymon or would it feel weird to get him over Agumon?

Graizen

Smash Champion
For the purpose of discussion, I thought I might ask-- how would you guys feel about Wargreymon himself being the main playable character instead of Agumon? Like, Agumon could show up for the entrance animation and maybe a victory screen, but Wargreymon is otherwise the main fighter. While I do love Agumon, I feel that he could potentially end up feeling like a smaller, faster version of Bowser or Charizard as he is.

I think that Wargreymon's design and moveset offers a lot more to work with compared to Agumon, and although Agumon is the mascot, Wargreymon is pretty iconic in his own right, being Agumon's most recognizable final form and all (well, aside from Omegamon of course). After giving it some thought, Wargreymon's become one of my most wanted characters for DLC, but what do you guys think? Would you be cool with just Wargreymon or would it feel weird to get him over Agumon?
Ah , two simple factors:

1 - WarGreymon is the epic evolution , the thing you need to work hard to get.
2 - Again , Agumon is the mascot not WarGreymon or any other evolution. It's like putting Super Sonic as a character and not Normal Sonic.

I would feel anoyied.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah , two simple factors:

1 - WarGreymon is the epic evolution , the thing you need to work hard to get.
2 - Again , Agumon is the mascot not WarGreymon or any other evolution. It's like putting Super Sonic as a character and not Normal Sonic.

I would feel anoyied.
Though it is notable that Greymon has similarities as a mascot too. They're both heavily pushed.

But yeah, Agumon is the de facto mascot of the series. Greymon is a secondary one. It's kind of like with Mario and Luigi. Except these two(Agumon and Greymon) are more connected.

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Though it is notable that Greymon has similarities as a mascot too. They're both heavily pushed.

But yeah, Agumon is the de facto mascot of the series. Greymon is a secondary one. It's kind of like with Mario and Luigi. Except these twoAgumon and Greymon) are more connected.
Personally, I see it as sort of a Pikachu-Charizard situation, where Agumon is like Pikachu, the cute overall mascot, but Wargreymon/Greymon is like Charizard-- the "cool" mascot, who tends to get top-billing when they want to show off something more action-oriented, like how a Charizard was the star of Pokemon Origins and that Mega Evolution sub series of the XY Anime (Not to say Pikachu and Agumon aren't cool and aren't featured in action-y things of course). Though come to think of it, Omegamon may have taken up that role at this point. There's a ton of Omegamon merch, and in recent years, we've gotten a bunch of Omegamon variants (Alter-B, Alter-S, Zwart D, Merciful Mode... yeah...). I could see Bandai Namco pushing Wargreymon or Omegamon in a fighting game like Smash, though of course, Agumon is just as likely for his iconic appeal as the proper mascot.

One thing that crossed my mind though-- how much of the Digimon brand does Toei own? Forgive me if this has been discussed before (And if it has then feel free to link me to that part of the thread), but if they have to negotiate with Toei to get Digimon in Smash, then I'm not sure how feasible Agumon would be. If I'm not mistaken, one of the main reasons why anime/manga characters are not in Smash is because of the issues with licencing and whatnot.

Even though Digimon did not originate as a manga/anime, if Toei holds a lot of ownership on the brand, then there could be some issues. Toei is known for being very protective of their IPs, so if Nintendo has to go through them, then getting Agumon in Smash might be just as problematic as getting Goku in Smash . Would it be fine as long as they didn't use any music, sound effects, or imagery from the anime?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As far as I can see, Digimon is fine as long as they don't explicitly use any anime-original stuff (the specific Digidestined in Adventure, for one). It's less complicated than using Sora from Kingdom Hearts at all.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Personally, I see it as sort of a Pikachu-Charizard situation, where Agumon is like Pikachu, the cute overall mascot, but Wargreymon/Greymon is like Charizard-- the "cool" mascot, who tends to get top-billing when they want to show off something more action-oriented, like how a Charizard was the star of Pokemon Origins and that Mega Evolution sub series of the XY Anime (Not to say Pikachu and Agumon aren't cool and aren't featured in action-y things of course). Though come to think of it, Omegamon may have taken up that role at this point. There's a ton of Omegamon merch, and in recent years, we've gotten a bunch of Omegamon variants (Alter-B, Alter-S, Zwart D, Merciful Mode... yeah...). I could see Bandai Namco pushing Wargreymon or Omegamon in a fighting game like Smash, though of course, Agumon is just as likely for his iconic appeal as the proper mascot.

One thing that crossed my mind though-- how much of the Digimon brand does Toei own? Forgive me if this has been discussed before (And if it has then feel free to link me to that part of the thread), but if they have to negotiate with Toei to get Digimon in Smash, then I'm not sure how feasible Agumon would be. If I'm not mistaken, one of the main reasons why anime/manga characters are not in Smash is because of the issues with licencing and whatnot.

Even though Digimon did not originate as a manga/anime, if Toei holds a lot of ownership on the brand, then there could be some issues. Toei is known for being very protective of their IPs, so if Nintendo has to go through them, then getting Agumon in Smash might be just as problematic as getting Goku in Smash . Would it be fine as long as they didn't use any music, sound effects, or imagery from the anime?
Toei only owns some music and the human characters in the anime. Namco Bandai owns the rights to the Digimon themselves.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember anything about Toei being mention in Digimon Battle Spirit, Digimon Battle Spirit 1.5, Digimon Battle Spirit 2, Digimon Rumble Arena, Digimon Rumble Arena 2, Digimon All-Star Rumble, Digimon Digital Card Battle, Digimon Tamers: Digimon Meledy, Digimon Adventure: Anode Tamer & Cathode Tamer, Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers, Digimon Adventure 02: D1 Tamers or Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer all of which contain appearance of the Adventure Digi-Destined, the Tamers and the Frontier Digi-Destined. Also, Digimon World Data Squad, Digimon World DS, Digimon World Dawn & Dusk and Digimon Masters has appearance of the DATS members.

Graizen

Smash Champion

The original mascots were Agumon and Tyrannomon, thanks to this I imagine that Tyrannomon will end up being a AT.

But if you look at the whole Digimon story you will realize that Agumon has always represented the franchise in every possible and imaginative way.

Evolutions like WarGreymon and Omegamon have always had a lot of attention in the media, but when it comes to being the face of Digimon they always use Agumon.

70Y-wRTK_400x400.jpg

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Bad news guys: Toshiko Fujita, the voice of Taichi Yagami, is dead at the age of 68.

Top Bottom