• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

KickleCubiclist

Smash Apprentice
Please make alot of conversations here!
This topic need to be more alive!
The DS ones are great as well!
And in 2019 there will be a Digimon game on the Switch!
Ok, as a Pokemon game fan (I prefer YGI to Pokemon in the TCG sense), I really want to play this now.
Thanks!

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
On the topic of Digimon games, cyber sleuth and hackers memory are some of my favorite recent Digimon games. I also play PvP in linkz. Digimon world 1, 2, and 3 are all enjoyable games as well.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
For comparison, there are only 809 Pokemon at the current moment.
You got to remember tough. All of those different Agumons are considered difficult numbers. So it’s easy to get up their when you have like 8 different colours of each character and they aren’t counted as one.

Oh hey Nampo has one their Facebook pages open

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
ANALISIS:

Did you know? Masahiro Sakurai, creator of Super Smash Brothers,
created a Virtual Pet game in 2005! Sodatete! MushiKing, as Sakurai's game is called,
is a virtual-pet game like Bandai's Tamagotchi toys.
You can see one here: https://japanyouwant.com/product/new-sodatete-mushi-king-nokogiri-kuwagata-4-sega-japan

If you guys don't know, Digimon started as a Tamagotchi as well, in 1997.
In fact Digimon was the first Virtual pet to have battles, and the first one made for Boys.

And in fact the Digimon Tamagotchis are selling realy well right now in Japan.
We have a new set of Digimon Tamagotchis to launch in March of 2019.

And is funny how Pokémon right now want to make a Crossover with Tamagotchi.
Becouse not only the Tamagotchis are the "House of Digimon"
But the Tamagotchis are Vídeo Games/Toys made by Namco Bandai!
As Digimon games and Virtual pets are all property of Namco Bandai.

And as we know, Namco Bandai is working realy hard together with Nintendo.
They made Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate. As well as Pokkén and now this Tamagotchi.
It's hard not to link Pokémon and Digimon with all this information put together.
You can see that the Eevee Tamagotchi is based on the Normal ones:

And what if this was a Trade?
What if Namco Bandai trade all this with Nintendo.
To put a Digimon representative in Smash? Just like they did with Pac-man.
I don't know if you guys know but,
Digimon is the Thrid Biggest Namco Bandai franchise,
losing only to Pac-man ( Already in Smash ) and the Tamagotchis ( And Digimon is part of that )

So maybe this "Eevee Tamagotchi" deal is a Golden Ticket for Agumon in Smash.
But... Thats just my opinion.

Last edited:

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Hmm. Agumon would be really cool, but there's a bit of a snag: Heihaichi, a character from another Bandai/Namco property, Tekken. And Sakurai has confirmed somewhere that he was considered for Smash 4. The reason stated was because he couldn't figure out a fitting move set at the time. Let's hope for Agumon's sake he didn't give it another shot and succeeded.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hmm. Agumon would be really cool, but there's a bit of a snag: Heihaichi, a character from another Bandai/Namco property, Tekken. And Sakurai has confirmed somewhere that he was considered for Smash 4. The reason stated was because he couldn't figure out a fitting move set at the time. Let's hope for Agumon's sake he didn't give it another shot and succeeded.
The reason i don't see Heihachi in is Ryu.
He wanted Heihachi, but now he put Ryu and Ken and they are the same as Heihachi but with more moves.
And more iconic as well.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The reason i don't see Heihachi in is Ryu.
He wanted Heihachi, but now he put Ryu and Ken and they are the same as Heihachi but with more moves.
And more iconic as well.
You do know that Heihachi and Ryu/Ken can coexist. Tekken and Street Fighter have entirely different mechanics so they will play differently.

Graizen

Smash Champion
You do know that Heihachi and Ryu/Ken can coexist. Tekken and Street Fighter have entirely different mechanics so they will play differently.
I playied Tekken alot.
And i know that the Tekken mechanics dont make a diference in Smash.
He will be a Ryu without a Hadouken and a Shoriuken.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I playied Tekken alot.
Even if Heihachi's out, there's still Lloyd Irving.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I playied Tekken alot.
Umm, this statement is grossly underestimating Heihachi’s moveset potential. Especially considering he’s been in a Smash-esque setting before (PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale). If anything, what might be stopping Sakurai from adding Heihachi is the fact he originated from a fighting game setting. If I recall correctly, that’s what made him reluctant on adding Ryu at first.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Umm, this statement is grossly underestimating Heihachi’s moveset potential. Especially considering he’s been in a Smash-esque setting before (PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale). If anything, what might be stopping Sakurai from adding Heihachi is the fact he originated from a fighting game setting. If I recall correctly, that’s what made him reluctant on adding Ryu at first.
Digimon Rumble Arena is Smash Bros with all Digimon

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
As a newbie on the boards, I want to throw my vote in officially for Agumon. I loved Digimon and Pokemon growing up, so it would be absolutely incredible to see the worlds collide in the same game. Agumon was always my favorite Digimon. I've watched the first movie so many times throughout the years. The most 90s soundtrack ever.

Graizen

Smash Champion
As a newbie on the boards, I want to throw my vote in officially for Agumon. I loved Digimon and Pokemon growing up, so it would be absolutely incredible to see the worlds collide in the same game. Agumon was always my favorite Digimon. I've watched the first movie so many times throughout the years. The most 90s soundtrack ever.
And you are welcome!
Thank you for your support!

What you think a Agumon moveset should be?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Same could be said about the new Pikachu clone every generation. Or the two genders of the Nidoroyal line.
I guess not sure what you mean. But I just saying you got a lot of different Agumons, you got

Normal Agumon
Normal black Agumon
Normal Snow Agumon
Geo/06 Agumon
Geo Black/06 black Agumon
Geo/06 Snow Agumon
Toy Agumon
Black toy Agumon
Clear Agumon
Hakase Agumon
Nise hakase Agumon
X Agumon more of a new form
Bushi Agumon
Dot Agumon
Santa Agumon
Bust mode Agumon more transformation

Graizen

Smash Champion
"And the Agumon chances rise again"
"But people don't notice me posting about that"
"Becouse im thinking, not talking"

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It has just been confirmed that Nintendo themselves chose all 5 characters on the fighter pass.

Graizen

Smash Champion
It has just been confirmed that Nintendo themselves chose all 5 characters on the fighter pass.
Digimon will have the first Game on a Nintendo console in 2019.
This is the first Big Digimon Game on a Nintendo console since Digimon Rumble Arena 2 on Gamecube!
That was in 2004.

If they want to make Digimon Survive sell alot, they will put Agumon in Smash.

This Plus the new Pokémon X Tamagotchi colaboration.

Think THINK

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Digimon will have the first Game on a Nintendo console in 2019.
This is the first Big Digimon Game on a Nintendo console since Digimon Rumble Arena 2 on Gamecube!
That was in 2004.
If they want to make Digimon Survive sell alot, they will put Agumon in Smash.
This Plus the new Pokémon X Tamagotchi colaboration.
Think THINK
What if the Eevee-Gotchi is cross-compatible with Digivice V-pets? We could get Digimon VS Pokémon that way and then Agumon for Smash would just be icing on the cake.

Graizen

Smash Champion
What if the Eevee-Gotchi is cross-compatible with Digivice V-pets? We could get Digimon VS Pokémon that way and then Agumon for Smash would just be icing on the cake.
Maybe?
Digimon will have 2 new Tamagotchi in 2019

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
As awesome as Agumon appearing in Smash would be, I have to keep my expectations in check because I want him to be a transformation character so bad, and if I go in depth, I know it won't be how I imagine it, which will make me sad.

Graizen

Smash Champion
As awesome as Agumon appearing in Smash would be, I have to keep my expectations in check because I want him to be a transformation character so bad, and if I go in depth, I know it won't be how I imagine it, which will make me sad.
A transformation is easy to do for him.
You can change his evolutions just like Pokémon Trainer changes his Pokémon.

OR

He can have a Energy bar just like Little Mac, and use it to digivolve for some time, and than return to his original form.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
A transformation is easy to do for him.
You can change his evolutions just like Pokémon Trainer changes his Pokémon.

OR

He can have a Energy bar just like Little Mac, and use it to digivolve for some time, and than return to his original form.
It's not a matter of it not being easy to implement, or intuitive. It's just I know whatever I try to come up with wouldn't be what comes to pass, because of course it won't.

Graizen

Smash Champion
It's not a matter of it not being easy to implement, or intuitive. It's just I know whatever I try to come up with wouldn't be what comes to pass, because of course it won't.
Maybe it will!
What are your Agumon Moveset ideas?

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Maybe it will!
What are your Agumon Moveset ideas?
I had some stuff ages ago. The usual stuff, you know? Pepper Breath and the biting thing and Claw Upper and whatnot. I also had transformations tied to each of the Taunts, in which Up was Greymon, Side was MetalGreymon, and Down was WarGreymon, instead of using the Down Special. It was conceived of back during Smash 4 after the revelation that transformations had been completely removed, and I figured Taunts would be a neat way to trigger the transformations. And of course, it was tied to a meter.

I'm sure I have the entire moveset somewhere, but it's been ages since I've put serious thought into it.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Agumon's chances of making it into Smash burn brighter than Daimon Masaru's digisoul.
With the news that Nintendo is making the DLC selections themselves Agumon just might be one of the DLC characters, especially considering that Digimon Survive is coming to the Nintendo Switch.

Top Bottom