• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
This is a thread for Agumon for Smash Bros.
Digimon needs more love knowing that Bandai have story with Digimon, as well, with Smash Bros.

There's a lot of movesets for Agumon:

Baby Flame - Releases a stream of fire from its mouth.
Kūchū Baby Flame - The Baby Flame unleashed while airborne.
Spitfire - Spits out fireballs.
Battle Hawk - Brandishes an axe made of Chrome Digizoid.
Cross Fight - Viciously bites the enemy.
Surudoi Tsume - Tear into the enemy with its razor-sharp claws.
Mach Jab - A punch or claw attack thrown faster than the eyes can see.
Mach Jab Combo - Throws punches or claw attacks faster than the eyes can see.
Dynamite Kick - A flurry of kicks in midair.
Triple Baby Flame - Rapidly fires three different Baby Flames in three different directions.
Uppercut - Throws a mean uppercut.
Baby Burner - Accumulates Baby Flame in its mouth and then spits it out all at once as a much more powerful blast.

Final Smash - WARGREYMON

Could Agumon in Smash Bros be a good idea?

PF9

Smash Lord
I live in the Cleveland area. During the height of the Pokemon-DIgimon wars, my WB station also aired Fox Kids, and thus was fortunate enough to air both Pokemon and Digimon, thus, those in my area who liked both shows could tune into the same station to watch both of them.

That being said, Agumon could be interesting.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Im here supporting this!
LETS GO!

You bet! In my opinon Agumon could have the same impact Sonic had in his time!
Digimon vs Pokemon
Agumon vs Pikachu

Just think about the internet reaction!

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I merged the two Agumon threads.

...It was not supposed to have that Opening Post though. >.< Sorry about that. I'll ask an admin to try and fix it.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I'm on a bit of a digimon kick right now.
even got 2 vPets sitting in front of me. and bought part 3 of Tri last night.

I'm not sure if I'd put Agumon on my most wanted list for Smash. but I would be pretty surprised/happy with his inclusion. (especially for the chance to have him and Pikachu duke it out.)

Graizen

Smash Champion
Can you imagine it Sailor :
"Mario and Sonic in a battle , than comes Pikachu to help Mario, Sonic is alone now.... And Agumon shows Up and they go a 2x2"

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
That would be pretty awesome Graizen.

they'd definitely need to include a clash between pikachu and agumon in any potential reveal trailer for him.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I tried sending an email to Bamco US and JP.
Big text , i hope it helps.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say it's been a while since Digimon has been big where I am but I'm all for it.

Agumon vs Pikachu was my gen's Sonic vs Mario.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Honestly, I doubt it A LOT, like, I have no hopes for this to happen.
But I wish one day Agumon or any other digimon ended in the game, so we can finally have the Pokemon vs Digimon fight of our dreams.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Honestly, I doubt it A LOT, like, I have no hopes for this to happen.
But I wish one day Agumon or any other digimon ended in the game, so we can finally have the Pokemon vs Digimon fight of our dreams.
Im Working realy hard to help it!
I think Digimon is good now , with the Cyber Sleught Games and the Digimon Tri Anime.
Bamco is working together with Nintendo, doing Pokken and Smash.
We are as close as we can get to see Pokémon and Digimon batttle.
It's the right time, the right place! Lets make it happen!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I think Digimon is good now , with the Cyber Sleught Games and the Digimon Tri Anime.
The latest Digimon Rumble game was the worst yet and, while try had its moments, it also had plenty of off ones, even before I bailed on the inexplicably pervy evil Gennai.

I haven't seen Applimon but I'm not convinced that they're in a strong place at all. Just in a potentially favourable position developer-wise.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I always had the urge to re-watch Digimon Adventure 01 and 02.

Also i'm here. Where's my Digital Cookie at? ;)

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I would absolutely love to see Agumon in Smash Bros.
And here's the reason why.

Agumon represents much more then just the Digimon franchise.
Agumon represents an era and niche in gaming.
What is this niche? Well it's none of then Handheld Digital Pets.

Believe me, these were an extremely big deal back in the mid 90's.
It was a fad that took over Japan and spread to the West.
Digital Pets are nothing to scoff at; the creator won the Nobel Prize in economics for it.

When you think of Digital pets, most people immediately think; "Hmm, well wouldn't Tamagotchi be a better rep for this niche in gaming?"
While it's a valid argument to impose Tamagotchi over Agumon.
There are many things to consider in favour of Agumon.

First off, Digimon debuted as a digital pet the year following the release of Tamagotchi.
Digimon was marketed as the male version of Tamagotchi to appeal to a wider audience.
For all intents and purposes, Agumon essentially is a Tamagotchi.
It took off, what followed was a cavalcade of merchandise and media with the name Digimon.
Since then Digimon, and Agumon by extension has appeared on a multitude of Nintendo consoles and other gaming devices.

What more does Agumon bring to the table, well i'd argue he is more recognizable globally then any other handheld digital pet.
Agumon's inclusion would also mean something that has never before been done....

For the first time in gaming history you would have Pokemon vs. Digimon.
The rivalry between the two is some-what fan made and some-what unspoken.
Never-the-less Agumon vs. Pikachu, a mascot showdown...
Or better yet Agumon vs. Charizard...

The only other rival characters or companies that had more hype then this was Sonic for Sonic vs. Mario....
As well as Cloud's inclusion being a major part of Sony's past, but not a Sony specific character.
Agumon may bring hype near these levels.

Is Agumon even possible?
Well Bandai Namco made Smash 4, and are likely making Smash Switch.
The only Namco character we got last time was Pacman.
Sega & Capcom got two reps last time, I wouldn't be surprised if Namco did got an additional rep as well.
I would argue that it should be Agumon over any other Namco character, for the reasons i've outlined in this post.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
My GOD ErenJager!
Thank you, loved your Worlds!
And thank you for your Support!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Today i have created a Agumon Trophy!
Tried to mimic the original position of the first Agumon art!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Does anyone have some roster maker icons for Agumon?

Including him properly on smash 'prediction' or 'dream' rosters would help show love.

Graizen

Smash Champion
4 - Agumon vs Kirby
What ability do you think Kirby would copy from Agumon?

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
His final Smash would be Greymon, Metalgreymon, Wargreymon... or maybe something more evil like Skullgreymon?

Graizen

Smash Champion
His final Smash would be Greymon, Metalgreymon, Wargreymon... or maybe something more evil like Skullgreymon?
My idea is that if Agumon has several evolutions, that each one is a different skill or that it evolved randomly during a Final Smash.

But I believe WarGreymon would be better as Final Smash. Maybe Omegamon, but WarGreymon would probably be the best.

Zeox

Smash Champion
My idea is that if Agumon has several evolutions, that each one is a different skill or that it evolved randomly during a Final Smash.

But I believe WarGreymon would be better as Final Smash. Maybe Omegamon, but WarGreymon would probably be the best.
And for alt colors, Blackagumon, Snowagumon, Agumon X, Niseagumon, Agumon Hakase, Agumon from Savers and Toyagumon.

Graizen

Smash Champion
And for alt colors, Blackagumon, Snowagumon, Agumon X, Niseagumon, Agumon Hakase, Agumon from Savers and Toyagumon.
Probably yes.
I think Black, Snow and NiceAgumon Hakase would be the easiest to put on.

Maybe colors based on other Digimon.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman

I could see them just going with a "super form" type final smash for Agumon where he warp digivolves to War Greymon. and you play as him for a bit.
or maybe they'll go with having him rapidly digivolve through all of his forms as part of a big combo attack. Greymon -> Metal Greymon -> Wargreymon -> Omnimon? each one performing some attack or series of attacks before evolving into the next form. ending with a massive attack from Wargreymon or Omnimon and then returning to Agumon once the Final Smash Ends.

Probably yes.
I think Black, Snow and NiceAgumon Hakase would be the easiest to put on.

Maybe colors based on other Digimon.
Those all seem like pretty liekly colour choices.
Agumon, Savers Agumon, Black Agumon and SnowAgumon would be definintes. Agumon X is also pretty liekly. having his design change more drastically for Agumon Hakase, Bushi Agumon and Toy Agumon would be a bit of a stretch, but I'd love to see it.
giving him colour schemes to represent other "goggle boy" partner digimon could also be a possiblity. Blue with a white belly for V-mon and red with a white belly for Guilmon

Graizen

Smash Champion
I could see them just going with a "super form" type final smash for Agumon where he warp digivolves to War Greymon. and you play as him for a bit.
or maybe they'll go with having him rapidly digivolve through all of his forms as part of a big combo attack. Greymon -> Metal Greymon -> Wargreymon -> Omnimon? each one performing some attack or series of attacks before evolving into the next form. ending with a massive attack from Wargreymon or Omnimon and then returning to Agumon once the Final Smash Ends.

Those all seem like pretty liekly colour choices.
Agumon, Savers Agumon, Black Agumon and SnowAgumon would be definintes. Agumon X is also pretty liekly. having his design change more drastically for Agumon Hakase, Bushi Agumon and Toy Agumon would be a bit of a stretch, but I'd love to see it.
giving him colour schemes to represent other "goggle boy" partner digimon could also be a possiblity. Blue with a white belly for V-mon and red with a white belly for Guilmon

I still believe that turning WarGreymon would be the best option! War is one of the most popular Digimon out there, most people want to have one when they play any Digimon game. And the "Gaia Force" attack is really cool too, it reminds me a lot of Goku's "Spirit Bomb".

On the colors I think that if you rely on other Digimon should work well too, this would please quite a lot of fans of the series!

Top Bottom