• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bulldog Brawl VI - October 26th, 2013 - Athens, GA

The Gamers' Association of UGA proudly presents

:::::::::::::::
A Smash tournament for Brawl, Melee, and Project:M

Date
October 26, 2013

Where
Presbyterian Student Center @ UGA
1250 S. Lumpkins St.
Athens, GA 30606

When
Warm-ups / Friendlies / Set-up begins at 11:00 AM
Brawl Doubles: 12:30 PM
Melee Doubles: 1:00 PM
Singles begin after doubles
Project:M will take place throughout
Times subject to change.

Entry Fee
Singles: $10
Teams: $10/team ($5/person)
Project:M: $5
There is no venue fee!

Winnings
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: Salt

Just like last time, we will be selling pizza, pancakes, and drinks, so bring a couple of dollars for food and drinks!

Transportation, Housing, and the Classic City

Megabus travels from Atlanta to Athens! Megabus travels to Atlanta from various locations in Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, Louisiana, Florida, and more. If you can get to Athens, we can find a way to get you to the tournament!

If you want housing in Athens, let us know! There is a lot to do in this town, including a brand new retro arcade downtown (Flashback Games), that you might be interested in checking out.

Brawl Ruleset: http://www.sktar.com/?page_id=23

Melee and Project M Ruleset: Refer to Bulldog Brawl 5! _________________________

We need Setups! The more setups we have, the better this event will be! Plus, bringing setups is rewarded with free food! A TV nets you $1 of food credit at the venue, and a Wii/GC Brawl/Melee will net you another $1 of food credit! Please let us know what you intend to bring so that we can plan accordingly.

NOTE: Apologies for the very late notice. Interesting space confirmation issues were had. Hope you all can make it!

RESULTS HERE

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
I will come if I can find a ride from a marta station/stop or from near my Stone Mountain residence!

2-Toes

Smash Rookie
I will be able to make it along with two friends. From what I understand, there are usually lots of UGA locals who will come to any smash tournaments, so the competition shouldn't be scarce.

I can bring my CRT and Wii with Project M also.

I'm super pumped! Everyone come if you can!

Tsuyoi Momonga

Smash Apprentice
UGA Alumnus and super-rusty longtime Smasher here. I think I may go. If I do, I'll end up bringing several more people.

Edit: I should be bringing 4-6 people including myself. I think I may be bringing a setup too (CRT/Cube/Smash disc/memory card).

Tsuyoi Momonga

Smash Apprentice
For the lazy, rulesets from the last Bulldog Brawl:

Brawl Ruleset and Stage List
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 minute time limit
  • Items are set to None and Off
  • Metaknight is ALLOWED
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
  • You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
    • Wavebirds are allowed but discouraged, as there can be unwanted interference with controllers being on the same channel.
    • If you are using a WiiMote, a WiiMote w/ Nun chuck, or Classic Controller, please remove your batteries when you are not playing a match. This not only helps your battery life and helps prevent accidental interruptions.
  • Stalling is banned.
    • Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.
    • Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.
    • Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.
  • Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
  • There will be no hacks used in this tournament, be it sound or texture.
  • Ledge grab limit is set to 40.
  • Ledge grab limit is only enforced when the match ends due to timeouts.
Set Format:
  • Opponents make their character select screen choices for the first match. *
  • Opponents start the stage striking procedure.
  • Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set.
  • The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
  • The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. **
  • The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
  • The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
  • Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. Also, the choices made here include the character's color and whether the player will start as Samus or Zero Suit Samus, as Zelda or Sheik, or as a particular Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer.
**No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
Extra doubles rules:
  • Port order will be 1221.
  • Life sharing IS allowed.
  • Team attack is set to ON.
  • You must come up with a super cool team name and team pose. Also, your socks must match your teammate's socks.
All rules not covered here will default to the final version of Unity.
Stage Starter List:
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi’s Island
  • Smashville
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Final Destination
  • Castle Siege
  • Pokémon Stadium
Counter Picks:
  • All Starters
  • Halberd
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Brinstar
  • Rainbow Cruise

Melee Ruleset and Stage List
  • 4 Stock, 8 minute time limit
  • Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.
  • The stage for Game 1 will be selected through STAGE STRIKING.
  • Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.
  • WOBBLING IS BANNED
  • After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)
  • After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
  • Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64
  • Stages banned: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay, Mute City and Green Greens.
  • Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
*STAGE LIST IS BEING ADJUSTED, PLEASE WAIT TILL FINAL LIST*

Project M Ruleset and Stagelist
  • 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
  • Items OFF and set to NONE
  • Buffer OFF
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
  • If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
  • All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
  • If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
  • Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
  • Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
  • Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.
Stage Starter List
  • Battlefield
  • Dream Land 64
  • Final Destination
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Story
Counter picks
  • Dracula's Castle
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Metal Cavern
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Rumble Falls
  • Wario Ware
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
After each match:
Winner announces TWO(2) stage bans.
Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
Winner chooses their character.
Loser chooses their character.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Any way We can get some exact times on PM? I wont be home until tomorrow around 9am and my house is like a 3 hour drive from this. I would be pushing 1pm-ish getting there with getting ready and stuff.

Top Bottom