• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BRSTM Factory! Request a Song!

lwares

Smash Cadet
How on Earth am I going to be able to pull more channels out of a 2-channel song? All the links you gave me were two-channel songs. I'm going to do them as normal BRSTM's for now, and if you can get me the multi-channel ones, I'll do them as multi-channel BRSTM's, but all of these are 2-channel songs as I look at them right now, so they'll get the normal treatment.

By the way, the BRSAR program was removed by Mediafire, so the best I can do is get them to be able to Brawl with, unless you give me another link for that type of program.
There is a way to create multi-channel brstms, have a read of this:

Taken from MarioKartWii Custom Music Tutorial said:
-[[Multi-Channel Brstm's]]-

Some courses have multiple channels, this means you'll have to make a multi-channel brstm, it's much harder to understand than for a simple brstm file. These are the courses who need a multiple channel brstm: Toad's Factory, Wario's Gold Mine, Koopa Cape, Dry Dry Ruins, Moonview Highway and Bowser's Castle. If you use a normall brstm for these courses the music will stop at some point.

[Downloads]

- BRSTM Converter - Download

- BRSAR Patcher - Download

- Something to edit music with. I recommend Audacity

- Multi-Channel Brstm Builder - Download

[Audacity]

1. Open Audacity, after you installed it.
2. Open a song.
3. On the left you'll see the name of the song and a little arrow next to it, click on the arrow and choose 'Split Stereo to Mono'.
4. Click on the arrow of one of the two channels.
5. When done, click File -> Export and export it as a .wav file.
6. Rename the .wav file to '1'.

[BRSTM Converter]

1. Open the BRSTM Converter and click 'Add', 'Add to Queque' and open the song.
2. Now you'll see 8 columns, copy the content of the 7th column, called 'LoopEnd'.

[Multi-Channel Brstm Builder]

1. Go to the folder of the Multi-Channel Brstm Builder and edit the Batch file for the amount of channels:
- Toad's Factory: 4 Channels
- Wario's Gold Mine: 4 Channels
- Koopa Cape: 8 Channels
- Dry Dry Ruins: 4 Channels
- Moonview Highway: 4 Channels
- Bowser's Castle: 6 Channels
2. Now a notepad file will open, depending on the amount of channels, you'll see a few times: DSPADPCM -e 'number a'.wav tmp/'number b'.dsp -l'number c'-'number d'
Leave number a and b as they are and change number c to '1' and number d to the content you copied from the LoopEnd column. Example: DSPADPCM -e 1.wav tmp/1.dsp -l1-5644799
3. Save the changes and make a few copies of the song (depending on the amount of channels) and rename them to '1', '2', '3', etc.
4. Copy all the copies to the MBRSTM folder and open the modified Batch file.
5. In a few seconds a Multi-Channel Brstm will be created.

Now you made a Multi-Channel Brstm, just put it on your SD card like you do for normall brstms.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Umm... lwares...
You may wanna check the link of the Multi-Channel Brstm Builder.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116

lwares

Smash Cadet
Umm... lwares...
You may wanna check the link of the Multi-Channel Brstm Builder.
Even if I were to fix the link, there isn't one as far as I know... at the moment. As it used to be on Megaupload which was seized and shut down by the U.S Government.

I'll ask for a mirror link and post it, when it's available and when I eventually get my posting rights enabled by the administrator of that forum, since I only just registered today.

Edit: try this, it should hopefully be the same tool and I've added it to the above tutorial. Speaking of which, I found this with a video tutorial on YouTube.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Even if I were to fix the link, there isn't one as far as I know... at the moment. As it used to be on Megaupload which was seized and shut down by the U.S Government.

I'll ask for a mirror link and post it, when it's available and when I eventually get my posting rights enabled by the administrator of that forum, since I only just registered today.

Edit: try this, it should hopefully be the same tool and I've added it to the above tutorial. Speaking of which, I found this with a video tutorial on YouTube.
You're missing my point. Those tracks are 2 CHANNELS as they stand right now. No more, no less. The "Split Stereo to Mono* doesn't do anything besides making the stereo track 2 mono tracks, which is absolutely pointless. You'd have to get me a soundtrack (as in, MP3 format or something similar) for a multi-channel BRSTM. 'Til then, they're going to be the standard, 2-channel stereo BRSTM's. I suppose I'll hold off doing requests until you give me some feedback as to what you want to do. If you can get me MP3's of the songs, you'll get multi-channel, seamlessly looped BRSTM's. If you can't/don't want to/don't care, they'll be 2 channels, but still seamlessly looped, AKA the normal treatment. Your choice...

lwares

Smash Cadet
I'll have a look around and I'll get back to you, once I have the download links for the multi-channel brstm requests.

Edit: I have found most of the tracks for my requests in Mp3 format.

For single channel requests:
Mario Kart 64 - Banshee Boardwalk: here
Mario Kart DS - Wario Stadium/Waluigi Pinball: here
Mario Kart: Super Circuit - Ribbon Road: here

For Multi-Channel Requests:
Sonic Adventure DX - Twinkle Circuit: here
Mario Kart 64 - Koopa Troopa Beach: here
Mario Kart DS - DK Pass: here
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Mushroom Bridge/Mushroom City: here
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Mushroom Bridge/Mushroom City (Final Lap): here
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Bowser's Castle: here
Mario Kart Double Dash! - Bowser's Castle (Final Lap): here

Edit2: added Banshee Boardwalk and Koopa Troopa Beach from Mario Kart 64. Some of the tracks will have to be sped up (increased by five), as I couldn't find original sources for them (apart from the Mario Kart: Double Dash! tracks).

lwares

Smash Cadet
Banshee Boardwalk
Waluigi Pinball
Ribbon Road
Great. Now I wanna play Super Circuit lol
I'm preferably after the final lap versions, as they don't exist on BCM. I already have the originals, but... thanks anyway Segtendo. :)

I have most of the games in the series as either rom images and disc backups (apart from Mario Kart 7). Although... I'd recommend checking out Wiimms MKW distributions though, as they include courses that have either been ported from the original games or custom created by other people. No original music though, which is why I've requested these tracks.

Anyway, darksamus77... I just hope, I've made things easier for my requests to be done. Take your time, as I'm in no rush for the multi-channel brstms to be done.

I'll repost my requests here (if you like), to save you the time looking back and forth for what is required.

M@v

Subarashii!
Been looking through the tons of KH brstms people have done, but I haven't found this one. If anyone knows where it is, just link and don't bother doing this request ^^

Kingdom Hearts, Destiny Island combat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45LCa7IP1ZY

this is NOT night of fate by the way.

Loops right around :53. on the louder side if possible.

Kingdom hearts 358/2 days: Riku battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2UwNGcu5_E&list=FL5SC6D9Uo0BqJq2d_PXwLBQ&index=16&feature=plpp_video

loops at 1:33

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
First batch of 2012!!!
Bloodcross, here's Dr. Bosconovitch
It Makes Me Higher
Jungle Stage Liked this one.
Coolwhip, here's Slow Chemical There's no need to fear, DARK SAMUS is here! (with requests, as usual :bee:)
LordAizen, here's Vegita's Setting Records
Words I Couldn't Say
Exotica, here's Ponett
Music Park
Last Battle
Inside the Ruins
Pinkie's Workbench
Tubba Blubba
Athletic
Demo
F.L.U.D.D.
Pinna Park Amusement Sunshine did have some really great music.
UN Owen was Mare?
Luckay, here's Zen Ball Master
deathbysuarez, here's Devil's Den
Sync, here's Epic Rap Battles of History 13 (Instrumental)
Alaric Skywalker, here's Fighting the Gorog
XaikuTheMaverickHunter, here's E. Gadd's Lab (in case you wanted one from me)

Happy New Year's, guys. Sorry I'm late...Skyward Sword and The Old Republic are taking up most of my free time right now, so I apologize. Hope these loops are satisfactory.
Um, darksamus77, I'm glad that you've made a lot of brstms for everyone, though when I tried getting to the gorog brstm, I got an error. Any idea about what might have happened?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Wow.. all those songs are gone from mediafire. Taken down due to copyright?

I'd suggest using www.hostmyfilez.com for now. It has low traffic and won't have the BRSTMs taken down. If you need to upload a file larger than 100MB, you can sign up for an account which is free last time I checked.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'll have a look around and I'll get back to you, once I have the download links for the multi-channel brstm requests.

Edit: I have found most of the tracks for my requests in Mp3 format.

For single channel requests:
Mario Kart 64 - Banshee Boardwalk: here
Mario Kart DS - Wario Stadium/Waluigi Pinball: here
Mario Kart: Super Circuit - Ribbon Road: here

Sonic Adventure DX - Twinkle Circuit: here
Mario Kart 64 - Koopa Troopa Beach: here
Mario Kart DS - DK Pass: here
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Mushroom Bridge/Mushroom City: here
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Mushroom Bridge/Mushroom City (Final Lap): here
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Bowser's Castle: here
Mario Kart Double Dash! - Bowser's Castle (Final Lap): here

Edit2: added Banshee Boardwalk and Koopa Troopa Beach from Mario Kart 64. Some of the tracks will have to be sped up (increased by five), as I couldn't find original sources for them (apart from the Mario Kart: Double Dash! tracks).
So, you want every song in its original AND final lap? Or just some? Were the ones on BCM not multi-channel requests? You're going to have to answer these questions before I tackle yours. For now, I'll do the others, and I'll do yours separately.

@MonkUnit, It's 5 files or 100MB. I'll need an account rather rapidly, but I suppose it can't be any worse than Mediafire was. I'll try it out for this batch of requests, and if it works out, I'll stick with it.

@Linkshot, what do you mean by multiple dropboxes?

To M@v, Illmatic, deathbysuarez, and Depster, your requests will be finished tonight or tomorrow.

lwares

Smash Cadet
So, you want every song in its original AND final lap? Or just some? Were the ones on BCM not multi-channel requests? You're going to have to answer these questions before I tackle yours. For now, I'll do the others, and I'll do yours separately.
For single channel requests (Final Lap Only, please):
Mario Kart 64 - Banshee Boardwalk
Mario Kart DS - Wario Stadium/Waluigi Pinball
Mario Kart: Super Circuit - Ribbon Road

Sonic Adventure DX - Twinkle Circuit: original & final lap, 4 channels
Mario Kart 64 - Koopa Troopa Beach: original & final lap, 4 channels
Mario Kart DS - DK Pass: original & final lap, 8 channels
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Mushroom Bridge/Mushroom City: 4 channels
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Mushroom Bridge/Mushroom City (Final Lap): 4 channels
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Bowser's Castle: 6 channels
Mario Kart Double Dash! - Bowser's Castle (Final Lap): 6 channels

Download links are in post #3047 which was previously quoted by yourself. Also, everything here should help answer your questions.

:phone:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
For single channel requests (Final Lap Only, please):
Mario Kart 64 - Banshee Boardwalk
Mario Kart DS - Wario Stadium/Waluigi Pinball
Mario Kart: Super Circuit - Ribbon Road

Sonic Adventure DX - Twinkle Circuit: original & final lap, 4 channels
Mario Kart 64 - Koopa Troopa Beach: original & final lap, 4 channels
Mario Kart DS - DK Pass: original & final lap, 8 channels
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Mushroom Bridge/Mushroom City: 4 channels
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Mushroom Bridge/Mushroom City (Final Lap): 4 channels
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - Bowser's Castle: 6 channels
Mario Kart Double Dash! - Bowser's Castle (Final Lap): 6 channels

Download links are in post #3047 which was previously quoted by yourself. Also, everything here should help answer your questions.

Didn't catch this before, but the Multi-channel BRSTM builder program is unavailable due to Megaupload being completely shut down by the Government (thanks SOPA and ACTA). I apologize for asking you to fetch me another link for a downed program, but I can't give you multi-channel ones without this program...sorry for the inconvenience.

Everyone else, requests will be done later.

lwares

Smash Cadet
Didn't catch this before, but the Multi-channel BRSTM builder program is unavailable due to Megaupload being completely shut down by the Government (thanks SOPA and ACTA). I apologize for asking you to fetch me another link for a downed program, but I can't give you multi-channel ones without this program...sorry for the inconvenience.

Everyone else, requests will be done later.
Try this, as I don't know if the Mario Kart Wii forums have updated their's as yet.

Alaric Skywalker

Smash Ace
@darksamus77

So, will you begin uploading the brstms you've got onto the site? If so, will you do the "Fighting the Gorog" brstm first please? (I would've gotten it by now, but when I noticed that you had made it, all of the files on your mediafire account were gone.)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
He'll get to uploading his stuff.
You don't have to constantly bug him.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
@darksamus77

So, will you begin uploading the brstms you've got onto the site? If so, will you do the "Fighting the Gorog" brstm first please? (I would've gotten it by now, but when I noticed that you had made it, all of the files on your mediafire account were gone.)
I will upload it later today, probably along with all the requests. Didn't I already tell you I was going to upload it to BCM? Patience is a virtue.

For everyone else, I'll post requests later. lwares, those multi-channel ones will be separate from everyone else's.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Fantastic! At least, I won't have to look through everyone else's requests to find my own. Lol :)

Yeah, it can be a pain when there's a bunch of them.

Sorry for keeping you all waiting, I'm hoping to have all of them done later tonight. Check back for links around 7 or 8 PM Eastern Standard Time.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Use Megaupload!

Oh, wait :(
That's why all the links for the multi-channel BRSTM's that lwares posted were broken: they were Megaupload links. I did have an account on there and uploaded a few BRSTM's there. Of course, like most of the ones on Mediafire, they're all gone for good now.

Sorry for continuing to delay requests, they're all in .wav format, just have to loop and convert all of them. Expect links later tonight at some point.

lwares

Smash Cadet
If I remember the only link that was affected was that link which was the Multi-Channel BRSTM builder on the Mario Kart Wii forums.

All the other links which I provided in regards to my requests were either from youtube, gh (final fantasy shrine), kh insider and mediafire.

Edit: I don't know, if this a good idea or not... but, could you try possibly uploading the multi-channel brstms on dropbox?

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
Hey do any of you happen to have a link to that makebrstm.bat file converter? The mediafire file on the original post links to a youtube converter, and its supporting files apparently aren't coded to allow mp3s to be dropped on them or even opened normally.

I have plenty of 320kbps songs I'd like to easily convert, and I'd rather not take the time to rip low quality youtube songs of high quality tracks I already have..

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Hey do any of you happen to have a link to that makebrstm.bat file converter? The mediafire file on the original post links to a youtube converter, and its supporting files apparently aren't coded to allow mp3s to be dropped on them or even opened normally.

I have plenty of 320kbps songs I'd like to easily convert, and I'd rather not take the time to rip low quality youtube songs of high quality tracks I already have..
Contact moosehunter, he made the program. I have a BRSTM tutorial that isn't too hard to follow if you want to try that. There's also one using Sony ACID, which is fully updated. I need to update mine at some point.

As for requests, I had a crapload of English homework over the weekend, so I didn't get around to requests. They'll be done by Friday, links here...probably will be BCM links for all of them. As for the multi-channel ones, I can't upload them to BCM, so that'll have to be some other site...maybe dropbox or some related site. I feel awful for keeping you all waiting, I just haven't felt like BRSTMing lately... :(

Craeter

Smash Apprentice
Ok cool I'll send moosehunter a message then. I'm really just looking for a quick and easy way to convert a lot of mp3s to brstms for my wii, so I'd rather not bother learning how to make them all over again, heh.

Also it's pretty neat that you guys have a website specifically made for music now rather than just relying on 3rd party uploaders. Good luck with the double channel brstms and all those shenanigans.

Top Bottom