• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bringer of Sin & Punishment: Saki Amamiya for Smash Switch (Happy 19th Anniversary to the Sin & Punishment Franchise)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
How many of you are expecting Saki to be a costume in Super Mario Maker 2?
I am. Given he got a Mii Costume it’s likely they know he’s at least somewhat popular.
And should we have a Sin & Punishment 3 in the near future? It can be on the Switch since Treasure is developing it or Nintendo's next console.
Hell yes. Though, I’d even take a port/remaster of the two existing titles, I feel like they’d do great.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
How many of you are expecting Saki to be a costume in Super Mario Maker 2?
Hmm... I guess I shouldn't really rule out the possibility of Saki being playable in SMM2, considering how the first SMM added the likes of Barbara the Bat, Starfy, Donbe, Hikari, Ayumi Tachibana, Dr. Kawashima, and many, MANY more who (outside of Smash Bros.) have little to nothing to do with Mario.

With a selection of characters like that... I mean, Saki couldn't be THAT big of a stretch, right? I do wonder whether or not he'd use voice clips and whether or not they'd be taken from his home game or if he'd use the voice clips from Smash.

How many of you heard of the #AssistAlliance or support them? Because even if he's no Assist anymore, I partnered with them since I do want to push Saki to be a fighter.
I support that movement, by the way.

And should we have a Sin & Punishment 3 in the near future? It can be on the Switch since Treasure is developing it or Nintendo's next console.
As successful as the Switch is right now? This would be a pretty good time to add a new Sin & Punishment to the line-up, if you ask me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yep, this is real. We now have an official Saki for Smash Twitter, to help push him for this whole Smash period. I've been thinking about how big the #AsssitAlliance is and the initial following he had here, so I feel now is the time to really take action.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Feel free to follow the page if you have an account, we want as many voices as possible. Of course, there's also a Discord made which you will see on the account as well.

All that's left is for Aussie to update the OP with this new information.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Remember the reserved for future use post I had under my OP? Well it has some use now since I got links to the Saki for Smash Discord and Twitter for any of you that wants to support it.

Everything Azure said is true. We are going all out and nothing will stop our Mission to Succeed the Earth. Funnily enough, that's why I came up with the hashtag #SucceedTheEarth.

This is now or never and I know I will not let Saki down. I hope the rest of you are all with me on this cause.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Remember the reserved for future use post I had under my OP? Well it has some use now since I got links to the Saki for Smash Discord and Twitter for any of you that wants to support it.

Everything Azure said is true. We are going all out and nothing will stop our Mission to Succeed the Earth. Funnily enough, that's why I came up with the hashtag #SucceedTheEarth.

This is now or never and I know I will not let Saki down. I hope the rest of you are all with me on this cause.
You know already that I'm in.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know already that I'm in.
I know. This is a different one from the AssistAlliance one.

This is one is a pure Saki for Smash one. Just topics relating to him, Sin & Punishment and Treasure developed games.

If anything, they wanted me to branch out if I will really get new people.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know. This is a different one from the AssistAlliance one.

This is one is a pure Saki for Smash one. Just topics relating to him, Sin & Punishment and Treasure developed games.

If anything, they wanted me to branch out if I will really get new people.
Sounds like a plan.

As long as you know what you are doing. Go out there and #SucceedTheEarth.

Do it for Saki's sake. He needs it more than ever. On a new subject, how do you all think Sin & Punishment would be on Nintendo's online system? Just turn by turn multiplayer like the DS games? Or use split screen?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I want to help you guys get saki in smash bros as well. Lets keep the support alive guys! Please revive this thread so there remains a glimmer of hope!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I want to help you guys get saki in smash bros as well. Lets keep the support alive guys! Please revive this thread so there remains a glimmer of hope!
You're right, Saki is pretty cool

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Thanks for the support KoopaSaki. Our support is going well, we now have over 97 followers on the Twitter and our Discord has 20 users. So things had been going well since the last few months. I appreciate the enthusiasm and will add you to the support list.

On a related note, I will share something I did for #GoldenSunday since it is a big anniversary for fans of the series and I did something nice with our Saki as well.

So what do you all think? Looks pretty cool IMO

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Thanks for the support KoopaSaki. Our support is going well, we now have over 97 followers on the Twitter and our Discord has 20 users. So things had been going well since the last few months. I appreciate the enthusiasm and will add you to the support list.

On a related note, I will share something I did for #GoldenSunday since it is a big anniversary for fans of the series and I did something nice with our Saki as well.

So what do you all think? Looks pretty cool IMO
Tbh I find it kinda ironic you guys are using the mii costumes as a means to support the characters, when it's meant to compensate for them not being there

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tbh I find it kinda ironic you guys are using the mii costumes as a means to support the characters, when it's meant to compensate for them not being there
For me, a Mii costume is the biggest way to at least spread awareness of a character.

Easily recognizable to someone unfamiliar with the character and the moves can leave people desiring for more (Because a gunner only moveset just shows how underwhelming Saki would be without the blade attacks and just be left with shooting).

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For me, a Mii costume is the biggest way to at least spread awareness of a character.

Easily recognizable to someone unfamiliar with the character and the moves can leave people desiring for more (Because a gunner only moveset just shows how underwhelming Saki would be without the blade attacks and just be left with shooting).
This.

The best way to promote Saki is using the costume since it shows people who he is and how he would work.

Well close enough. We need a new Mii Class. The Mii Sword Gunner to show off his full potential.

And we got over 100 followers on the Twitter, so congrats to the movement going well.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
This.

The best way to promote Saki is using the costume since it shows people who he is and how he would work.

Well close enough. We need a new Mii Class. The Mii Sword Gunner to show off his full potential.

And we got over 100 followers on the Twitter, so congrats to the movement going well.
Please Miis got enough love already

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Please Miis got enough love already
Yeah, just the 3 classes we have is good enough.

Please make Saki playable, the OCD with him just shooting bothers me.

My apologies for the double post, but we have a little request and emergency.

Which one of you Sin & Punishment fans or Saki supporters think you can voice him? This is part of a very BIG project that we are working on and we just need one guy who's willing to voice him.

You don't have to be Hollywood levels of good, we will take what we can get. Reply to this post if you are interested in the position.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
My apologies for the double post, but we have a little request and emergency.

Which one of you Sin & Punishment fans or Saki supporters think you can voice him? This is part of a very BIG project that we are working on and we just need one guy who's willing to voice him.

You don't have to be Hollywood levels of good, we will take what we can get. Reply to this post if you are interested in the position.
Yo that's interesting, I got a friend that does some voice acting, he might be interested

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just a minor update, a member of our server wants to make a Brawl mod for SakI, it’s is one thing to be excited for.

Other than that, we have to push our campaign harder than before with more DLC coming soon. We got a planet to succeed and can’t do it without our half Ruffian soldier.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
More DLC is a good thing and also good for more obscure characters.

The 3rd parties would get the first year of DLC development as that's when it sells better. Gotta look good at the negotiation table.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I wonder, how would you feel about Saki coming with music based on other Treasure games like Gunstar Heroes and Mischief Makers?

But of course that is down to if Sega or Square wants it to happen since they own those IP's.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So I wonder, how would you feel about Saki coming with music based on other Treasure games like Gunstar Heroes and Mischief Makers?

But of course that is down to if Sega or Square wants it to happen since they own those IP's.
No way but I wish.

Though to be honest S&P has some great tracks so I think I'm perfectly fine with it getting as much love as possible.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Personally, I've been thinking that in regards to 1st parties, characters like Saki and Ray (Custom Robo) especially have a decent chance, what with them not being ATs and all (although that doesn't lower my hope for Isaac anymore than it would have).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Personally, I've been thinking that in regards to 1st parties, characters like Saki and Ray (Custom Robo) especially have a decent chance, what with them not being ATs and all (although that doesn't lower my hope for Isaac anymore than it would have).
That is true. Both have costumes, but they are not even close to the real deal.

Saki would bring alot, moveset wise. Especially with his different ways of shooting and slashing with the Dolphin gun.

Maybe if Treasure is willing, they could push for him to be promoted.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I just hope the sin and punishment series is still alive in Nintendo’s mind. I just wish saki made it in brawl cause I heard he almost got in that time...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just hope the sin and punishment series is still alive in Nintendo’s mind. I just wish saki made it in brawl cause I heard he almost got in that time...
Sakurai was probably adamant since he was not well known in the west, the same thing that held Ayumi and Takamaru back.

You know, I wish Sakurai taken more risks with roster inclusions.I doubt adding Saki at the time would be too consequential, even when the VC was localized at the time.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sakurai was probably adamant since he was not well known in the west, the same thing that held Ayumi and Takamaru back.

You know, I wish Sakurai taken more risks with roster inclusions.I doubt adding Saki at the time would be too consequential, even when the VC was localized at the time.
This. Exactly this. I mean, why is it that Fire Emblem and Lucas (I know they all had certain circumstances regarding their inclusion, but still) got some sort of a pass, yet S&P, FDC, Murasame Castle, Custom Robo, Jam with the Band, Kururin, Starfy, etc. can barely get a foot in the door.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sin & Punishment's anniversary is in a few months.

It may be unlikely, but what if Treasure has something planned for that day, like a Good Smile figure or remakes of both games. We can only hope.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Well, at least S&P is fresh enough in people's minds, if it got that high.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I can say I am happy that so many people want Sin & Punishment back. Where were these people when Star Sucessor were out?

I hope this means that Nintendo can take note of this. A Sin & Punishment HD port or remaster can suffice. We can all settle on that.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Played both games and I can totally see Saki having a very unique moveset when switching between the sword and cannon to control space and move in and out of the opponent's range.

Season 1 DLC is pretty much all 3rd party, that's just a given at this point, but I truly believe that Saki will be in season 2, since I'm expecting that to be more focused on 1st and 2nd party titles under Nintendo. Saki's absence as an assist leaves me with hope, especially since he was acknowledged enough to be made into a costume.

I also won't ever forget that Sakurai did wanna put him in Brawl, but settled to make him an assist.

Saki is definitely one of those assists that will translate very well into a playable character, as they already have a start with his moveset like they did with Mac, it's just a perfect fit. As an assist, Saki was one of the mobile ones that threw out attacks and combos and really seemed like he could've been made playable with just a bit more time, and he was really the perfect size to be a playable character.

I still believe he can get it, won't stop thinking so until the end.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
We are now over 40 supporters. Thank you all for sticking around despite the costume or spirit being the two things holding our Ruffian Soldier back. We will not let it stop us.

Played both games and I can totally see Saki having a very unique moveset when switching between the sword and cannon to control space and move in and out of the opponent's range.

Season 1 DLC is pretty much all 3rd party, that's just a given at this point, but I truly believe that Saki will be in season 2, since I'm expecting that to be more focused on 1st and 2nd party titles under Nintendo. Saki's absence as an assist leaves me with hope, especially since he was acknowledged enough to be made into a costume.

I also won't ever forget that Sakurai did wanna put him in Brawl, but settled to make him an assist.

Saki is definitely one of those assists that will translate very well into a playable character, as they already have a start with his moveset like they did with Mac, it's just a perfect fit. As an assist, Saki was one of the mobile ones that threw out attacks and combos and really seemed like he could've been made playable with just a bit more time, and he was really the perfect size to be a playable character.

I still believe he can get it, won't stop thinking so until the end.
That is true, I see Saki being a very amazing fighter if they really allow him to adapt between the close and ranged forms of his Dolphin gun. Post pass or in any future passes, he could have a better chance. Especially with Treasure slowly coming back and being open to HD ports of their past 3D games. You know what one of their games were? Sin & Punishment.

So we can only hope Sakurai still has Saki in mind for a playable spot.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

The sequel was localized, and Sakurai himself is a fan of Sin & Punishment, even using it as an inspiration for Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The sequel was localized, and Sakurai himself is a fan of Sin & Punishment, even using it as an inspiration for Kid Icarus: Uprising.
All of that may be true, but he has yet to do anything big with Saki other than make him a costume.

But you are fight, we can all hope that one day he makes him a fighter. As DLC or the next Smash.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I've done my anniversary tribute for the day. It feels good just showing that Sin & Punishment is a beloved series. Also, someone drew fanart to celebrate as well.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is truly a good day to be a fan.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wow, 19 years huh? I think it's a testament to the game's quality that it's aged so we'll, it really doesn't feel that old.

Here's to another 19 then! Hopefully by then we'll be looking back not on the release of this one, but of a third title.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Do you all have idea as to just why Saki was cut from Smash Ultimate as an AT? Not saying I'd want him back as that, but they had the Smash 4 model right there. Honestly, I would have liked to see him with the glow-up almost everyone got from being in this game.

Top Bottom