• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bringer of Sin & Punishment: Saki Amamiya for Smash Switch (Happy 19th Anniversary to the Sin & Punishment Franchise)

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I hadn’t considered that kind of mechanic for Saki, (transform into ruffian for certain moves ala Corrin). To me that seems really fun. I don’t think the size reduction would bug me too much as we’ve already seen the exact thing in Corrin, whos dragon form during counter is quite smaller than the real deal. Definitely not on the same scale that Saki’s would be, but I digress.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The idea of giving Saki Ruffian appendages for certain moves is genius.

And then we can also cut Corrin so it’s double genius.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The idea of giving Saki Ruffian appendages for certain moves is genius.

And then we can also cut Corrin so it’s double genius.
True because Corrin's mechanic would be less unique when other characters can do it.

Just like how people argue if there are more duo characters, they would make Ice Climbers less unique.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Eh I'd rather save the Ruffian stuff for his Final Smash tbh, plenty can be done with a sword/gun to fill out his moveset.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
TBH, that form would be cooler as an alternate costume.... I guess I'm just hoping it would be included in some way lol. IT'S COOL...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh right, that half transformed state of him.

Him shifting between looking fine and having elements of that would be weird. Even if its for attacks.
Maybe it'd be cross of Bayonetta's and Megaman's "states" when using their attacks - the ones where he draws out his half-Ruffian form would probably have his hands or other parts of body mutilate for a short time and then go back to normal, but it'd leave his clothing torn and also show that part of the body slightly red like in the games.

Maybe F-Smash could be a huge arm cannon that'd be based on his Ruffian form "arm gun" while being inspired by Iron Man's Proton Cannon in Mahvel-games.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
TBH, that form would be cooler as an alternate costume.... I guess I'm just hoping it would be included in some way lol. IT'S COOL...
True.

I would LOVE that as an Alternate Costume too. We just need more alt costumes in general.

Maybe it'd be cross of Bayonetta's and Megaman's "states" when using their attacks - the ones where he draws out his half-Ruffian form would probably have his hands or other parts of body mutilate for a short time and then go back to normal, but it'd leave his clothing torn and also show that part of the body slightly red like in the games.

Maybe F-Smash could be a huge arm cannon that'd be based on his Ruffian form "arm gun" while being inspired by Iron Man's Proton Cannon in Mahvel-games.
Sure, if we go with the mutation mechanic I wouldn't mind it to go that route.

And **** yeah, an F-Smash that uses a big laser would be fun to use.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hmmm... Not too sure about that Ruffian form.
I mean, it's not that it's Ridley big.... It's... GUNDAM big, or bigger! Rescaling it would feel really off. At least for me.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
https://youtu.be/7SGk-Ezx0BU

Looks like you got a shout-out in this vid, AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
Oh ****. Sempai noticed me.

I follow him on Twitter.

This is real cool.

Hmmm... Not too sure about that Ruffian form.
I mean, it's not that it's Ridley big.... It's... GUNDAM big, or bigger! Rescaling it would feel really off. At least for me.
The earlier discussion was more for his half transformed state like in the middle of the game.

But with the Ruffian Form Final Smash, it will be a cutscene one. He should be a BIG as he was in the original game after the scene is triggered from Saki doing a dash slash.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oh! I completely forgot about the half-ruffian form. I've played it several times, and it always comes to me as a surprise.
I guess that could work then.
(Although that would mean no Airan echo) :(

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh! I completely forgot about the half-ruffian form. I've played it several times, and it always comes to me as a surprise.
I guess that could work then.
(Although that would mean no Airan echo) :(
Then forget the transformations so Airan can be an echo.

Or else she will be a monster too for unexplained reasons. :troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I think it could go either way.
Or we can say that Airan was making out with a half mutated Saki and that's how she got the Ruffian DNA. lol

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I support though I'd rather have Isa to be honest, but that doesn't really matter. S&P2 was so much fun that it's a real shame there hasn't been a third one up to now.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I support though I'd rather have Isa to be honest, but that doesn't really matter. S&P2 was so much fun that it's a real shame there hasn't been a third one up to now.
Treasure has been very inactive when it has come to new games.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't get why. I mean, as a company, they need to earn money somehow. Are they co-developing a lot or something like that lately?
They have just been porting Ikuraga. That's it.

They haven't helped develop anything new, ever since working with Capcom on that's bomb of a game that was Japan exclusive.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Isa's best shot would be being Saki's echo fighter.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, he's work well to represent the sequel.

Adding you to the list Nauz

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
hmmm, Kachua could be Saki's Echo Fighter playable.
Kachua?

I don't know. Sure she's a notable boss who has her own superhuman powers, but she's a minor villain compared to Achi.

Though it is possible she can work as an echo. It's between her, Airan, and Isa.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Isa's best shot would be being Saki's echo fighter.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, he's work well to represent the sequel.

Adding you to the list Nauz
I remembered that I made an Isa moveset a while back.

But basically, one of the things I had that made Isa distinct from Saki is his jet pack that allows some sort of a flight mechanic. It’s one of the biggest mechanic changes for the game that he is known for using, so it would be sort of weird for Isa not to use if he were to be an echo of Saki. I’d still be happy if Isa got in though.

Wasn’t there any Isa support thread during the Smash 4 Days?

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I remembered that I made an Isa moveset a while back.

But basically, one of the things I had that made Isa distinct from Saki is his jet pack that allows some sort of a flight mechanic. It’s one of the biggest mechanic changes for the game that he is known for using, so it would be sort of weird for Isa not to use if he were to be an echo of Saki. I’d still be happy if Isa got in though.

Wasn’t there any Isa support thread during the Smash 4 Days?
There was, but is was very small from what I remember. When Saki was deconfirmed last game I moved over to Isa, but it seemed unlikely (and still does) that Isa would get in without Saki, so the thread was pretty much dead to the point where it would go more than a month without a post.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There was, but is was very small from what I remember. When Saki was deconfirmed last game I moved over to Isa, but it seemed unlikely (and still does) that Isa would get in without Saki, so the thread was pretty much dead to the point where it would go more than a month without a post.
Not to mentioned said support topic was owned by Hong, an old Smashboards user that left the site so long ago.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I'm interested in this guy since he still hasn't been shown off as an AT while Sakurai had hinted he felt Saki could be a cool playable character. His series is small, but maybe he will be one of those picks most people scoff at?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm interested in this guy since he still hasn't been shown off as an AT while Sakurai had hinted he felt Saki could be a cool playable character. His series is small, but maybe he will be one of those picks most people scoff at?
We will see. With about less than three months left, we will know of Saki's fate. And I would be happy when we can see him make the jump.

Adding you to the list.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Made this for the Isaac thread but it's relevant here as well. Not much but a little something. :p
AT Status.png

Last edited:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Just went through Sin and Punishmen again and now I'm going through the sequel. Got to say I'm loving the sequel so far though I still like Saki better as a character. With that being said stage 2-2 of S&P or stage 2-1 of S&P2 would make an amazing stage.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Sakurai is a fan of Sin & Punishment, to the point where he modeled Kid Icarus Uprising after its gameplay. This combined with Saki's absence as an AT gives me hope that he's actually on the roster, with Isa Jo as an echo fighter of course.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'd love Saki because it opens the door for more Treasure representatives, which means Marina Liteyears...

In seriousness, Sin & Punishment is a game that fascinated me ever since I saw it pop up in threads and magazines about un-localized classics. I think the original ways I heard about it was on Platypuscomix and in Retro Gamer. I loved playing it when it finally hit the Virtual Console and the day the assist trophy showed up on the Brawl Dojo I had a big smile on my face. Saki isn't high on my most-wanted list but he's one of those characters that are just...nice to have.

I also am predicting the big selling point for the N64 Classic being Sin & Punishment included, similar to StarFox 2 on the SNES Classic. This would be great for that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Supportin'. However, I should point out that Treasure is still alive, they just don't do much lately (in fact, a new rerelease for Ikaruga came out recently).

I'd love Saki because it opens the door for more Treasure representatives, which means Marina Liteyears...
Same, though in my case it'd be moreso Riki and Mami.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Has anyone played SSB Crusades? I heard Saki is in that. If you played it, does he do anything cool?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
More activity? Time to update the support list. Welcome.

Has anyone played SSB Crusades? I heard Saki is in that. If you played it, does he do anything cool?
Never played it, have a Mac instead. But I did see gameplay. he's quite straightforward as a pushdown character with good projectile game from his gun sword. Just how I've pictured him.

But instead of the Ruffian Form (since spriting that would had been a nightmare for the team), he as a beatdown Final Smash called Ruffian Slash.

Supportin'. However, I should point out that Treasure is still alive, they just don't do much lately (in fact, a new rerelease for Ikaruga came out recently)..
Keep in mind that all we had to go off of in the past was a rumored stream pointing out how they were closing down their gaming devision and this was during a period after Guist Crusher 1 and 2's failures.

But you are right, they are slowing down lately since it's easier and safer for them than constantly churning out new games.

Just went through Sin and Punishmen again and now I'm going through the sequel. Got to say I'm loving the sequel so far though I still like Saki better as a character. With that being said stage 2-2 of S&P or stage 2-1 of S&P2 would make an amazing stage.
Both stages would make excellent Sin & Punishment stages for Smash.

An underwater stage would be cool, being able to see all the fish and scenery outside the tube.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Surprised that Saki still hasn't showed up as an Assist yet. Wonder what that's all about...

Don't let your dreams be dreams!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I wholeheartedly hope saki is in the game. He and Isaac always felt like the two most...complete assist trophies to me. I’m hoping one day they both get in smash.

Top Bottom