• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bringer of Sin & Punishment: Saki Amamiya for Smash Switch (Happy 19th Anniversary to the Sin & Punishment Franchise)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That's right.

Nothing's stopping him from being back as an Assist Trophy again since most of them are reused assets from Smash 4.
To be fair, he is an awesome Assist Trophy. I think he is one of the prime candidates for AT promotion just because of how much an impression Saki’s AT makes.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
To be fair, he is an awesome Assist Trophy. I think he is one of the prime candidates for AT promotion just because of how much an impression Saki’s AT makes.
That is true.

Unlike most, he actually jumps around and attacks people up close or from afar.

Before we had more Assist Trophies who were that "advanced" like Knuckles and Zero, Saki could do all of that in style.

Sure some can argue Samurai Goroh did that first, but Saki's got the hops and skill to show that he is one of the best AT's. So who knows, Sakurai could think about if he could do more with him.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
That is true.

Before we had more Assist Trophies who were that "advanced" like Knuckles and Zero, Saki could do all of that in style.

Sure some can argue Samurai Goroh did that first, but Saki's got the hops and skill to show that he is one of the best AT's. So who knows, Sakurai could think about if he could do more with him.

Saki is one of those Assist trophies that also knows how to DIAGONALLY AIM.

That is some dedicated work.

JMac52

Smash Cadet
Add me to Saki's supporter list. I absolutely love the two Sin and Punishment games. Star Successor was one of the most overlooked games during the Wii era and was just a blast, honestly. Saki could bring a fun moveset too. Hopefully he's one of the AT's that get promoted!

Calane

Smash Ace
I don't comment much in any thread, but I'm always happy to read new comments in this one. Saki is currently my most wanted character for Ultimate, but it seems like he doesn't get that much attention. I feel like, if I were Sakurai and was looking through all of the assist trophies that could be promoted, Saki would be the one I'd pick out. He just has so much potential to be a really interesting character in Smash. It also helps that his game is amazing.

(If he were to become playable, maybe we could even get Airan as an echo? Yeah, I know I'm asking for too much).

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't comment much in any thread, but I'm always happy to read new comments in this one. Saki is currently my most wanted character for Ultimate, but it seems like he doesn't get that much attention. I feel like, if I were Sakurai and was looking through all of the assist trophies that could be promoted, Saki would be the one I'd pick out. He just has so much potential to be a really interesting character in Smash. It also helps that his game is amazing.

(If he were to become playable, maybe we could even get Airan as an echo? Yeah, I know I'm asking for too much).
Honestly, I'm not sure. I put more stock on Isa being an assist than Arian being an echo ^^;

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That is true.

Samurai Goroh just slashes wildly, Saki is a whole nother level.

I just love how much Brawl ATs basically worked as proof of concept for so many awesome characters, many of which have gone on to have dedicated support.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I'd see it the same way i saw it for Ray. Since both are pretty obscure.
You’re totally right, completely forgot about Ray’s situation even though I support him. I should change my statement so that ideally, Saki is absent, but we get a new song or songs (Nebulox theme plzzzz) and some more S&P trophies (namely Isa & Kachi ).

Edit:

Samurai Goroh just slashes wildly, Saki is a whole nother level.

I just love how much Brawl ATs basically worked as proof of concept for so many awesome characters, many of which have gone on to have dedicated support.
YES!! I had no idea who Saki was before Brawl, but because of him and the personality his assist triphy exhibited I played Star Successor and watched a playthrough of the original.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Both Airan and Isa could potentially work as Echoes.

But at the same time, I would see them choosing Isa because both have more similarities and can at least turn into a Ruffian.

Saki would need a different Final Smash if his wife were an echo. It would be weird to see her transform into a Ruffian when she doesn't have that ability.

Calane

Smash Ace
Both Airan and Isa could potentially work as Echoes.

But at the same time, I would see them choosing Isa because both have more similarities and can at least turn into a Ruffian.

Saki would need a different Final Smash if his wife were an echo. It would be weird to see her transform into a Ruffian when she doesn't have that ability.
But don't some echo fighters have different Final Smashes from the character their echoing? Like Dark Pit and Chrom?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But don't some echo fighters have different Final Smashes from the character their echoing? Like Dark Pit and Chrom?
That may be true. Though some like Lucina and Dark Samus still keep the same ones.

Sure it's possible for Airan to have her own. But at the same time I see Isa as a likelier choice since he's the protagonist of the sequel. Sakurai wouldn't want to miss on representing more than just the first game.

I would welcome both with open arms.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Saki would be so cool. A gun and a sword in one character would be amazing. And her gun could have a burst fire kinda like a machine gun which would be different from other guns in the game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
While I am glad with all the new supporters so far, I am curious.

How man
y here on a show of hands knows that Saki is male?

I meant I can't blame the fact that his Japanese VA sounds feminine and he looks feminine enough in appearance.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

How many here on a show of hands knows that Saki is male?

I meant I can't blame the fact that his Japanese VA sounds feminine and he looks feminine enough in appearance.
I mean, i was told that a bunch of times.

Heck, i even played the game officially on the wii.

But i still get his gender wrong.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I mean, i was told that a bunch of times.

Heck, i even played the game officially on the wii.

But i still get his gender wrong.
Then again, it can't be helped since he's rocking those good shorts and a warrior's ponytail.

His dubbed voice actor in the official game even sounds manlier.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Saki would be so cool. A gun and a sword in one character would be amazing. And her gun could have a burst fire kinda like a machine gun which would be different from other guns in the game.
Glad to see the support, but Saki's a guy.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
His smash bros dub voice?
Actually, he is. Dex Manley is his voice actor. I guess given the less lines, he sounds more feminine.

Weird, I always knew that Saki was male based his voice from Brawl and Smash 4. His Japanese voice must sound a bit more feminine?
That's right.

And I was wrong, he was still voiced in English internationaly, even in Japan.

Not sure if it's the same voice actor from the actual Sin & Punishment game.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Actually, he is. Dex Manley is his voice actor. I guess given the less lines, he sounds more feminine.

That's right.

And I was wrong, he was still voiced in English internationaly, even in Japan.

Not sure if it's the same voice actor from the actual Sin & Punishment game.

I wouldn't be surprised. Though, i'm not too sure why he would bring back the VA from the first game.

With Isaac, it makes a bit more sense since his japanese VA did voices for other characters.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I do. We seem to be in a minority though. :laugh:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Have I popped in here to lend my support to Saki yet? I can’t remember.

Honestly though, his Smash For thread was on of the few threads that I stuck around in for a long time. Even when he was disconfirmed, I stuck around because all the friends I made. Hopefully he makes it in this time. And things are surprisingly looking up with his Assist missing so far!

Lol at the current discussion. PSA Saki is a dude.

Edit:
I supported Saki during Smash 4. I most definitely support him now.
Lol, whoops!

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So here's a question for you guys on the thread.

What do you think Saki's Final Smash should be?

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I always knew he was male... then again, I saw his update on the Brawl DOJO!! first, so I GUESS it was kind of a semi-spoiler for me?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Been intrigued how we hadn't seen this guy yet despite the many other staple Assists returning to the fray - and I had made a thread for him back in Smash 4-days.

Interesting. Anyway, throw me in here too as a supporter. I'd be overjoyed to see Saki joined with Isaac as the new promoted Assists.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

NGL I was a little disappointed when I learned Saki was a guy. Idk why

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Gotta say Saki has been a personal favorite of mine ever since Sakurai revealed him in Brawl as an assist trophy and got me to download Sin & Punishment. He has even more potential as a fighter than his assist trophy lets on - I feel like that leads a lot of people to underestimate how interesting he'd be. Even made a little sprite of him back in the day:

I don't expect him in the least, but I just wanted to lend my support to the guy.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sorry, was taking care of personal matters. But everyone new that shown up should be on the Support List now.

So here's a question for you guys on the thread.

What do you think Saki's Final Smash should be?
And the best option would be the Ruffian form

Have him either smack the foe away, then fire a barrage of blasts in the horizon that cause nuke levels of explosions.

Another idea was for him to do something similar, but throw that character into space. But that would be overkill.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Gotta say Saki has been a personal favorite of mine ever since Sakurai revealed him in Brawl as an assist trophy and got me to download Sin & Punishment. He has even more potential as a fighter than his assist trophy lets on - I feel like that leads a lot of people to underestimate how interesting he'd be. Even made a little sprite of him back in the day:

I don't expect him in the least, but I just wanted to lend my support to the guy.
Support still going STRONG, eh.

I dig.

(I do remember using that sprite on the OP of my Saki-support thread, hehheh)

Last edited:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's actually where I had to find it since I couldn't access the online image storage I had put it on lol. Good to see you Horsetail. I remember doodling Saki and Airan as Elesa and Lt. Surge at your request. You know their romance was like barely explored and was generally kinda cheesy but I was such a huge sap for it.

You know part of me wishes Saki would sort of morph between his human and ruffian form similar to Corrin to attack, but that'd be kind of hard to do I suppose when you already have to balance out sword swipes and laser blasts in there. Hard to fit in a bit of... Wolf in there too.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
hat's actually where I had to find it since I couldn't access the online image storage I had put it on lol. Good to see you Horsetail. I remember doodling Saki and Airan as Elesa and Lt. Surge at your request. You know their romance was like barely explored and was generally kinda cheesy but I was such a huge sap for it.
Good to see ya too bro. Horsetail... haven't heard that name for a while.

Maan, I was kind of a big bowl of embarrassment back then, but yeah, a big hearty fan too, with many orientations to it to boot... Gen 5 was the best.

I remember long I had scoured through some images ManlySpirit did back in that Pre-Sm4sh-speculation thread, but they also got deleted - but wow, I completely forgot about that thing. I kind of wanna see it, Elesa's still coolbeans.

Can't remember if you ever finished it, unless it's because the image got lost (damn Imageshack) Good to know I salvaged something!

Saki x Airan tho, pretty good times... Probably not too aged well like you said, but hey, it most likely was intended just short and sweet WAFFiness for a a short and sweet good-feel game. :p

Actually, that had me kinda wish we could see Airan as an Echo for Saki - I mean yeah there's their son, but hey, more females would be great, especually an actual couple within Smash.

I'm hoping for the brotp duo of Isaac and Saki still making it)

You know part of me wishes Saki would sort of morph between his human and ruffian form similar to Corrin to attack, but that'd be kind of hard to do I suppose when you already have to balance out sword swipes and laser blasts in there. Hard to fit in a bit of... Wolf in there too.
Maybe it could be reserved for select of more uniquely functioning standard attacks to allow certain utility purposes complement with his gun-sword playstyle. Sadly aside from remembering the dude grows to a flipping kaiju, can't remember anything in particular that'd work forsuch material.

Makes me kind of wanna play the game again... god, it's been eons.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Good to see ya too bro. Horsetail... haven't heard that name for a while.

Maan, I was kind of a big bowl of embarrassment back then, but yeah, a big hearty fan too, with many orientations to it to boot... Gen 5 was the best.

I remember long I had scoured through some images ManlySpirit did back in that Pre-Sm4sh-speculation thread, but they also got deleted - but wow, I completely forgot about that thing. I kind of wanna see it, Elesa's still coolbeans.

Can't remember if you ever finished it, unless it's because the image got lost (damn Imageshack) Good to know I salvaged something!

Saki x Airan tho, pretty good times... Probably not too aged well like you said, but hey, it most likely was intended just short and sweet WAFFiness for a a short and sweet good-feel game. :p

Actually, that had me kinda wish we could see Airan as an Echo for Saki - I mean yeah there's their son, but hey, more females would be great, especually an actual couple within Smash.

I'm hoping for the brotp duo of Isaac and Saki still making it)

Maybe it could be reserved for select of more uniquely functioning standard attacks to allow certain utility purposes complement with his gun-sword playstyle. Sadly aside from remembering the dude grows to a flipping kaiju, can't remember anything in particular that'd work forsuch material.

Makes me kind of wanna play the game again... god, it's been eons.

Playing Star Successor is always a good thing.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That's actually where I had to find it since I couldn't access the online image storage I had put it on lol. Good to see you Horsetail. I remember doodling Saki and Airan as Elesa and Lt. Surge at your request. You know their romance was like barely explored and was generally kinda cheesy but I was such a huge sap for it.

The latter is true.

A partial transformation mechanic would be unique but at the same time, Saki never shown that kind of ability before and his ruffian form would be MASSIVE. So borrowing the claws and tendrils from that form for his base form's attacks would be weird.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well no, I meant his like. Red and black mess. Ah where's that image...

I guess I should say half-Ruffian form lol

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well no, I meant his like. Red and black mess. Ah where's that image...

I guess I should say half-Ruffian form lol
Oh right, that half transformed state of him.

Him shifting between looking fine and having elements of that would be weird. Even if its for attacks.

Top Bottom