• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bringer of Sin & Punishment: Saki Amamiya for Smash Switch (Happy 19th Anniversary to the Sin & Punishment Franchise)

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Do you all have idea as to just why Saki was cut from Smash Ultimate as an AT? Not saying I'd want him back as that, but they had the Smash 4 model right there. Honestly, I would have liked to see him with the glow-up almost everyone got from being in this game.
most likely time constraints
most of the returning ATs got heavy updates to their models and animations and features such as grabbing and K.O. some assist trophies, so i wasn't too surprised that a few expressive assist trophies were going to get the axe by the next game for lack of development time.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
most of the returning ATs got heavy updates to their models and animations and features such as grabbing and K.O. some assist trophies, so i wasn't too surprised that a few expressive assist trophies were going to get the axe by the next game for lack of development time.
It's possible that the grabbed/airdodge/damaged animations were taken from playable fighters. I just assume they were running low on memory and wanted to prioritize the new ATs.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
It's possible that the grabbed/airdodge/damaged animations were taken from playable fighters. I just assume they were running low on memory and wanted to prioritize the new ATs.
like could you imagine Klaptrap was a formerly scrapped fighter before becoming an assist character?
seeing it do airdodges was pretty surreal.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pretty much, it all came down to lacking time and wanting to have the game come out on the holidays.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wonder how Sin & Punishment could continue its story these days. These days, would we get a sequel or a reboot (since it's been quite some time since Star Successor).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I wonder how Sin & Punishment could continue its story these days. These days, would we get a sequel or a reboot (since it's been quite some time since Star Successor).
I think if S&P were to be revived it would be through a sequel. If the gameplay's as good, people will still buy it, so as long as the story is easy to follow for newcomers I say we're good. No point in remaking the games, there's tons of old shooters on the market (crucially Panzer Dragoon is getting the remake treatment) so to stand out I think a new game is the best way to go.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
if you guys are interested or if you got any buddies to tell about this, somebody released a beta Project Smash Attack/PSA (aka a moveset hack) of Saki for vanilla Brawl/vanilla PM (and FYI: we call it "vanilla" because there's a lot of standardized builds of not only Brawl but even Project M nowadays, like Project + or PMEX)

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=219146
he's looking for some help too, so if you know any body who big brained on S&P stuff or have the experience for other things like animations, refining Saki's model to look like a standardized playable fighter, etc, point em to here!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
With S&P being one of the first tiles for it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
With S&P being one of the first tiles for it.
That's pretty sweet. I still got the VC release on my Wii.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I honestly did try to play S&P through the VC. Didn't get too far, just after the point where Saki grows huge the first time.

Top Bottom