• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bringer of Sin & Punishment: Saki Amamiya for Smash Switch (Happy 19th Anniversary to the Sin & Punishment Franchise)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Daisy (in her classic outfit) is a Spirit. It is now pretty much confirmed that being a Spirit is not an automatic deconfirmation.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Being a Mii Fighter costume is not a deconfirmation, especially considering other playable characters have Mii Fighter costumes based on them.
It's even next to a Chrom costume.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Cool that Saki at least has a Mii Costume. I'm still not sure if that's better or worse representation than an AT. On one hand, it means we don't get a full new 3D render of him, but on the other hand it makes it easier to pretend that we're playing as him.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Is there a list yet where you can view all the Mii Fighter costumes? I wonder what else they didn't show us in the direct.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Wait, Saki got a mii costume, but no AT? That’s definitely interesting. Either Sakurai’s team didn’t prioritize making a Saki AT that could be KO’ed, or maybe just maybe, there’s something in the works. Likely the former, but this is the first game in 10 years where Saki wasn’t deconfirmed so let me dream dang it.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I hear you friend. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic with this one. Happy about the costume at the least. I don't play with ATs often so this means he'll have something more of an inclusion in my matches (even though I'm not a fan of Miis)

Last edited:

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
why have a custume if the fighter is avalible to play? That part doesn't make sense to me

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If my prediction about Sin & Punishment being a big N64 Classic title comes true, I could see Saki as being potentially one of the DLC. I'm glad there's a costume, though!

SPEN18

Smash Lord
why have a custume if the fighter is avalible to play? That part doesn't make sense to me
Yeah, it seems kinda weird. But as has been stated, Chrom has a Mii Costume despite being playable, so having a Mii Costume doesn't take you out of the running. I suppose some people might also want to use, say, Chrom's hair but not his clothes.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
How strange that Saki is unscathed by the many AT massacres we've had. Especially compared to the likes of heavy-hitters like Ashley, Isaac, and (sniffle) Skull Kid.

I'm not sure what to think.

It's probably nothing, but playable Saki would be awesome.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
How strange that Saki is unscathed by the many AT massacres we've had. Especially compared to the likes of heavy-hitters like Ashley, Isaac, and (sniffle) Skull Kid.

I'm not sure what to think.

It's probably nothing, but playable Saki would be awesome.
Only 7 ATs from Smash 4 did not return, either as an Assist Trophy or as a playable character. They are Kat & Ana, Saki, Tingle, Lakitu, Infantry & Tanks, Elec Man, and Magnus.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Kat & Ana, Saki, Tingle, and Infantry & Tanks were really strange omissions to me because iirc they were all ATs since Brawl. Especially Saki and I&T because both S&P and AW had little representation outside of those ATs.

At least WarioWare still has Ashley and Tingle appears on Great Bay. Kid Icarus and Mega Man also have other ATs in Phosphora & Zero. Lakitu is a Mario series character, which has a handful of ATs already including the new Thwomp AT.

If Saki wasn't gonna be playable, I would've been nice to at least see his Smash 4 model touched up a bit. Unless he's DLC, which doesn't seem very likely given that Nintendo is making the selections.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
so that when your friend plays that character, you can play as a disgusting mii dressed as that character and claim that the other player is playing a poser. one of my favorite miis to play is called "Link?" I only ever select him if one friend plays Link and the other Toon Link. Its a special kind of dumb fun.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
so that when your friend plays that character, you can play as a disgusting mii dressed as that character and claim that the other player is playing a poser. one of my favorite miis to play is called "Link?" I only ever select him if one friend plays Link and the other Toon Link. Its a special kind of dumb fun.
I hope you're gonna have a third friend play Young Link.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I played S&P briefly on the Wii. It was an okay game, but couldn't get used to the controls. That being said, it'd be nice to see Saki as a playable character.

I checked out footage to refresh my memory. A couple ideas to share. One, I think one of his palettes should be his half human/ruffian form. Second, I see him turning into his giant ruffian incarnation and targeting the opponents.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Dang, it's been awhile since this board was active. Hopefully I can break silence that here and start off by
asking "What do you guys think the chance of Saki being DLC?" Also, "How do you guys think they would
reveal him?"

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
While I'd much rather see Isa represent the series, I still support Saki. The series has always been critically acclaimed and I think that Nintendo should show some love instead of letting all their dead franchises slowly fade away into inexistence.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
While I'd much rather see Isa represent the series, I still support Saki. The series has always been critically acclaimed and I think that Nintendo should show some love instead of letting all their dead franchises slowly fade away into inexistence.
Sakurai could revive the series like he did for Kid Icarus, especially considering how big of a Sin & Punishment fan he is.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also, if they ever decide to do a N64 Classic, the first S&P is a must to have on it. It would get more noticed by default then.
The only alternative would be the original N64 version of Animal Crossing, but that is just an inferior version of the original GameCube game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, if they ever decide to do a N64 Classic, the first S&P is a must to have on it. It would get more noticed by default then.
They have to 1-up the SNES Classic having Star Fox 2 somehow. I would also love it if it had the international release of some 64DD games, namely the F-Zero X expansion.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Shoot, I was planning on making a post in here during Saki's day for Rate Their Chances to get the word out.

But anyway, I think Saki's chances for DLC are slim but he's not impossible. Right now I'm not convinced I'm buying any DLC, but a S&P PC would change my mind.

Edit: for a potential Saki reveal, I imagine Star Fox as the most likely crossover for the trailer.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Saki and Isa would be nice to have together, I would imagine they could play semi-differently from one another, like Isa being more
fast and agile, and Saki being more heavy hitting. Thankfully we know Sakurai didn't forget about the series, with having two spirits and a mii costume. It still makes me question why Saki assist trophy was removed tho, he was in every pass game except this one.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sakurai could revive the series like he did for Kid Icarus, especially considering how big of a Sin & Punishment fan he is.
Heck, Sin and Punishment's gameplay style (Rail-gun shooter and all) served as the inspiration for Kid Icarus Uprising's gameplay, so...

Dang, it's been awhile since this board was active. Hopefully I can break silence that here and start off by
asking "What do you guys think the chance of Saki being DLC?" Also, "How do you guys think they would
reveal him?"
Hmm... I'd have to agree with SPEN18 SPEN18 . Saki's chances are pretty slim, but the guy's certainly not impossible. Personally, I think that him NOT being an AT this time around actually helps his chances somewhat.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I guess I am back.

And yes, you all should get in on this too. I know Saki is no longer an AT, but we can't forget that he used to be one and this means more publicity for him in the end

Where are my Saki family at?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I guess I am back.

And yes, you all should get in on this too. I know Saki is no longer an AT, but we can't forget that he used to be one and this means more publicity for him in the end

Still here.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Mostly only reading but I'm here too. You know, it's kinda hard to find the time to replay great Games like S&P 2 when you also have like 10 new Games you want to play.

That said, has anyone here played the first one? I mean I'd love to play it but my Wii's dead lol. You think it's going to be part of a potential N64 Mini? Would be neat if we were to have it on there alongside Custom Robo V2, our fellas.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Mostly only reading but I'm here too. You know, it's kinda hard to find the time to replay great Games like S&P 2 when you also have like 10 new Games you want to play.

That said, has anyone here played the first one? I mean I'd love to play it but my Wii's dead lol. You think it's going to be part of a potential N64 Mini? Would be neat if we were to have it on there alongside Custom Robo V2, our fellas.
I played the first game, it's still ahead of its time.

And yes, it SHOULD be on the N64 Classic, that would be a good way to give Sin & Punishment more publicity.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
That said, has anyone here played the first one?
I have S&P1 on Virtual Console.

But yeah, it would be nice to have more than just NES games on the Switch, though I haven't payed for the online service anyway.

Whenever I get access to my Wii U it gets played just as much as my Switch.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I guess I am back.

Well, you know I'm never leaving.:p

Nintendo's less-than-notable IPs do need all the attention they can get.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, you know I'm never leaving.:p

Nintendo's less-than-notable IPs do need all the attention they can get.
Yeah, though it's a pity they're on fairly lower priority for now. At least :ultmario: is nearly running out of logical choices that aren't "recurring enemy #37".

I have S&P1 on Virtual Console.

But yeah, it would be nice to have more than just NES games on the Switch, though I haven't payed for the online service anyway.

Whenever I get access to my Wii U it gets played just as much as my Switch.
Well, the good news is we may have SNES games coming, according to an apparent datamine, so that's a start.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
N64 games being on the Switch is likelier than GameCube games on the Switch.

Imagine online multiplayer Sin & Punishment. That would be too good to pass.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
N64 games being on the Switch is likelier than GameCube games on the Switch.

Imagine online multiplayer Sin & Punishment. That would be too good to pass.
Exactly.

Because let's be honest, the Nintendo 64 hardly had any heavy hitters and they depended own Rare at the time

So if we can't have Rare games in the N64 Classic (it's all up to Microsoft), I can see enough room for Sin & Punishment being there.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Exactly.

Because let's be honest, the Nintendo 64 hardly had any heavy hitters and they depended own Rare at the time

So if we can't have Rare games in the N64 Classic (it's all up to Microsoft), I can see enough room for Sin & Punishment being there.
Mischief Makers as well, don't forget.

Granted, Konami does support anything that isn't Castlevania for the recent online service, so I think we may get to see the Bomberman and Goemon games as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mischief Makers as well, don't forget.

Granted, Konami does support anything that isn't Castlevania for the recent online service, so I think we may get to see the Bomberman and Goemon games as well.
I hope so.

Konami does have a lot more redemption needed since those were their biggest games on the 64.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I can't have the Sucessor of Earth fail on me now, though I have a few discussions that should get us talking.

How many of you are expecting Saki to be a costume in Super Mario Maker 2?

Which Sin & Punishment game is better: 64 or Star Successor?

How many of you heard of the #AssistAlliance or support them? Because even if he's no Assist anymore, I partnered with them since I do want to push Saki to be a fighter.

And should we have a Sin & Punishment 3 in the near future? It can be on the Switch since Treasure is developing it or Nintendo's next console.

Few, there we go. I just want to go back to the old days of this topic having real activity.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can't have the Sucessor of Earth fail on me now, though I have a few discussions that should get us talking.

Now were are talking. Saki wouldn't give up on Earth and we shouldn't. Especially when other groups are still talking about our character. We should as well,

How many of you are expecting Saki to be a costume in Super Mario Maker 2?
It's possible. I can see it happening, Treasure is developing games for the Switch again. So a costume with Sin & Punishment voice clips, bad voice acting aside, would be a good nod to the franchise.

Which Sin & Punishment game is better: 64 or Star Successor?
Both are good in their own right, but Star Sucessor is the better game. Better villains, better plot, better gameplay, and better overall voice acting.

I'd take Isa's screaming over Saki's badly acted grunts.

How many of you heard of the #AssistAlliance or support them? Because even if he's no Assist anymore, I partnered with them since I do want to push Saki to be a fighter.
I heard of it, in fact I am one of the big heads of it. They are a great group and of course I have all sorts of fun talking about Saki with you there. So yes, it would help him alot. He may be just a costume, but he is still one of the AT's in Spirit (no pun intended).

And should we have a Sin & Punishment 3 in the near future? It can be on the Switch since Treasure is developing it or Nintendo's next console.
Good question. Treasure had been stopping games for a long time after subsequent failures with Gaist Crusher so long ago. And now they are laying low with small projects like porting old games on the Switch. They could make a remaster of Star Successor or the first game if they want. Or just make a third sequel. It depends on what become of Earth after Star Successor's ending.

Top Bottom