• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bringer of Sin & Punishment: Saki Amamiya for Smash Switch (Happy 19th Anniversary to the Sin & Punishment Franchise)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Surprised that Saki still hasn't showed up as an Assist yet. Wonder what that's all about...

Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Couldn't say, Saki feels like such a long shot but man would I be super ecstatic if he made it in as a playable character. Just so long as he isn't Isaac'd. Also I can only hope at the very least we get a music track this time around. I wasn't a big fan of S&P music, but man is S&P2's music hype.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
I'm playing through Star Successor right now and I love it!! Can someone put me on the support list also how do you get better at the game i keep dying

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I'm playing through Star Successor right now and I love it!! Can someone put me on the support list also how do you get better at the game i keep dying
Sheer grit. It’s a real beast of a game. Incredibly rewarding once you get through it though

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sin & Punishment is no Dark Souls, but it's a challenging game and you will definitely feel accomplished once you clear a level.

Whether it's the original or Star Succesor.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Added to the list. Welcome.

And also, it's all about learning the patterns and movements of all enemies and hazards.

Sure you will die alot, but it will be easier the more you learn how to evade enemy attacks and predict the accuracy of their shots.

Also, remember that some projectiles can be reflected from your slashes alone, that's also important for some boss fights.

Sin & Punishment is no Dark Souls, but it's a challenging game and you will definitely feel accomplished once you clear a level.

Comparing any hard game to Dark Souls is a sin and you should have punishment.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Am I on the support list?

I grew to like Saki's design, so I would be happy if he got in and I wouldn't mind if Isa doesn't. Saki just seems to bring in something too cool to pass up, so I hope he gets in. Base or DLC.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Am I on the support list?

I grew to like Saki's design, so I would be happy if he got in and I wouldn't mind if Isa doesn't. Saki just seems to bring in something too cool to pass up, so I hope he gets in. Base or DLC.
Just added you now, no supporter gets left behind.

Same here, I would love to see him in the base game, but Dlc would be sweeter if it means him being in the game in general.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Underrated series with trippy visuals. Love it to death. As for Saki himself, I think he's okay but not great. I wouldn't consider myself a supporter, but if him getting in means we get a stage then heck yeah.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Those who never played or even heard of a Treasure game don't know what real challenge is. Allegedly, it's rumoured the director of S&P found it too difficult, only for his own staff to deem him unworthy of the company's way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Those who never played or even heard of a Treasure game don't know what real challenge is. Allegedly, it's rumoured the director of S&P found it too difficult, only for his own staff to deem him unworthy of the company's way.
Even the director of S&P found his own work too hard?

Now that's something shocking if I ever heard it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Late, but for real?

I know the company pride in hard games, but wanting to fire a prodcuer because he struggles with his own game is extreme.

But nice fact.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Just started playing Sin and Punishment, and I'm amazed how much I am enjoying the game. The music so 90's but it's awesome, and the voice acting
is cheesy but it has a certain charm to it. The game offers a challenge to players while still being forgiving at times. After playing all the way through to Stage 2-2, I can officially say that Saki is my top 3 most wanted in Ultimate. Hopefully his AT being absent means something, but I guess we're gonna have to wait and see.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Late, but for real?

I know the company pride in hard games, but wanting to fire a prodcuer because he struggles with his own game is extreme.

But nice fact.
I wouldn't say "fire", but they were not amused indeed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_and_Punishment

The director from the Nintendo side of development was Hitoshi Yamagami. He found Treasure to be difficult to work with and called them a "weird" company. He encountered troubles establishing deadlines with the Treasure team, who continued to deflect such requests. When Yamagami first played an early prototype of Sin and Punishment , he was impressed but found it too difficult. Treasure responded by saying he should not be supervising the project if he was not skilled enough to play it. Yamagami understood that the level of difficulty was a characteristic of Treasure's games, but still thought it needed to be reduced.[8] Maegawa believed that the difficulty was in players being unable to understand the game's unique control scheme.[12] Discussions about game difficulty continued for almost a year. Towards the end of development, the difficulty level was decreased.[8]
Hell, it's telling that the first game was going to be called Glass Soldier...

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I see.

And Glass Soldier is a cool name. But feels less interesting compared to something unique like Sin & Punishment.
It is a cool name. Maybe a hypothetical sequel could be called Sin & Punishment: Glass Soldier. It definitely sells the fact that it’s a hard game as best as you can. (Unless they decided to officially name it Sin & Punishment: The Dark Souls of Rail Shooters)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It is a cool name. Maybe a hypothetical sequel could be called Sin & Punishment: Glass Soldier. It definitely sells the fact that it’s a hard game as best as you can. (Unless they decided to officially name it Sin & Punishment: The Dark Souls of Rail Shooters)
True true.

That does sound like a good sequel title. I can only imagine a world where Sea Successor isn't a title name.

And yeah, if we did have a third game, journalists would call it the Dark Souls of that classic arcade shooter genre.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I've been inactive on this site since before Ultimate was announced, but I got on to show my support before the game is out. I actually was 100% convinced for a few months that Saki wasn't a possibility because I thought he was shown as a returning AT. Maybe it was all just a nightmare that I thought was real... Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to see him missing as an AT, so I'm hopeful again. Add me to the list!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
****ing fantastic. Was it that hard to at least port him from 4?

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So the question is.... Has he been confirmed to be a Spirit? If he wasn't shown anywhere, there's still hope as a dlc character!!! It seems odd to cut Saki from being an AT to only be a Spirit thingy.

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what's the point in cutting Saki, Dillon, Infantery & Tanks etc from the AT list. It's not fair to make their already small representation in Smash even smaller.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So the question is.... Has he been confirmed to be a Spirit? If he wasn't shown anywhere, there's still hope as a dlc character!!! It seems odd to cut Saki from being an AT to only be a Spirit thingy.
No. Saki is not a Spirit at all.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
At least he still has a chance. I already lost decidueye and tails. I can't take much more of this ;(

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Geno is a bit of a bummer for me, but Saki not being a Spirit more than makes up for it! I just hope he isn't anything in the end....

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Saki is gone?

Can someone confirm this?

Anyways, I will wait until I see a complete list of Spirits before we celebrate yet.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Update, I will be leaving Smashboards for a while.

So if anyone wants to be the own this thread and live on Saki's legacy, they can.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, being a Spirit does not mean that they can't be in the game. They found several Spirits who are already playable (King K. Rool, Wii Fit Trainer, and Kirby) and Spirits are meant to be the replacement for trophies, and Mewtwo and Lucas both got in Smash 4 as DLC despite having trophies in the base game. Saki still has a chance.

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
I'm sure that if they can't pull from Spirits, then they'll be **** out of luck for newcomers. I understand Assist Trophies, but with the amount of Spirits there seem to be, I don't think there'd be any more characters to add if they exclude them.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm sure that if they can't pull from Spirits, then they'll be **** out of luck for newcomers. I understand Assist Trophies, but with the amount of Spirits there seem to be, I don't think there'd be any more characters to add if they exclude them.
Yeah. If Spirits count as deconfirmations, then that would essentially mean that all of the DLC newcomers will be from unrepresented third party franchises, which is heavily unrealistic.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Hey all,
Saki is a cool dude, and his game is great. I don't usually play too many shooters because I'm not that good at them, but when I played S&P 64 I had some good fun, even with the difficulty.
One of the many trashy things about this Direct was finding out that Saki's AT is no longer in the game. I really don't get this. He isn't any less popular or "relevant" or well-known than many other ATs, and had been an AT in two consecutive games. Unless he somehow makes DLC, which seems unlikely, this is disappointing.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Well this is an interesting development. His Assist Trophy may no longer be in the game, but it looks like there is a Mii Costume (Gunner?) based on him.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Well this is an interesting development. His Assist Trophy may no longer be in the game, but it looks like there is a Mii Costume (Gunner?) based on him.
Being a Mii Fighter costume is not a deconfirmation, especially considering other playable characters have Mii Fighter costumes based on them.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Being a Mii Fighter costume is not a deconfirmation, especially considering other playable characters have Mii Fighter costumes based on them.
Never said it was. I just think it's kind of a weird thing to do when most of the Assist Trophies are just model rips from the previous game/other games.

I'm pro-Saki BTW. Sin & Punishment is a fantastic game.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Never said it was. I just think it's kind of a weird thing to do when most of the Assist Trophies are just model rips from the previous game/other games.

I'm pro-Saki BTW. Sin & Punishment is a fantastic game.
Hey that's at least something. I only wish that costume would have been shown along with the ones of Chibi & Co. But I'm glad that S&P doesn't get ignored completely.

Top Bottom