• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bringer of Sin & Punishment: Saki Amamiya for Smash Switch (Happy 19th Anniversary to the Sin & Punishment Franchise)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
While i probably support isaac more due to his franchise being more dear to me, I can't help but see Saki's potential as a character.
1. Sin and Punishment does need representation.
2. His moveset just as a AT alone could easily be a good basis for a character moveset.
3. His Japanese fan base has always been a silent, but vocal one. As they single highhandedly managed to get him in Smash as an AT. Who knows how big he was on the smash ballot. The only evidence we have is social media talk. But that only goes so far.
4. Sakurai has a great deal of respect for S&P.
5. His AT hasn't been shown for the second time.
Saki is one of those "Surprised, but not really" newcomers.

Here's to hoping.

Last edited:

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I support Saki for Smash Ultimate! He'd be a great addition, and I agree he'd fill the "obscure character" role nicely. Plus, I've always loved his design.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Verge is the new Gematsu, where everyone piggybacks off him. But it's refreshing to see Saki on a leak for once, even if he's guaranteed to be back as an Assist Trophy.

If we don'r see King K Rool confirmed on July 8th (next week), then we will know for sure if the leak is dead.
That leak...Didn't it get correct that Simon Bellmont and K. K Rool were going to be shown off?

(Though, the times are a bit messy.)

Last edited:

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Like Starfy and Isaac etc, Saki is another unique first party who is shunned to the shadows in favor of fe rep number 8 and pokemon rep number 11. You have my support, hope to see him ride into battle one day.

Dharakjoo

Smash Rookie
Yeah. Saki is the third character that originally Assist Trophy as those two are Little Mac and Dark Samus.

Jakisthe

Smash Cadet
Special move ideas:

• B: Shoots a shorter range burst of very fast lasers. Quick uptime, and quick projectiles, but higher ending lag. Can quickly charge for a single shot which travels until it hits something, and can destroy projectiles. Charged shot can also be released in any other B move by canceling into other moves with stick.
  • Side B: Slashes and dashes forward, knocking enemies into the air. Faces other direction at the end, with, for a split second, his blaster facing diagonally up. Anything else can cancel into this.
  • Up B: Jumps onto hoverboard for 2.5 seconds; move with L stick. Can shoot/mash lasers like B move in any of 8 directions, controlled by R stick and B button. These lasers deal no knockback. Hoverboard needs 5 seconds to recharge once landing again.
  • Down B: Kicks straight/diagonally up (if in air), firing a laser burst behind himself.

Last edited:

Dharakjoo

Smash Rookie
Yeah. Maybe a weekend or a month. I'm sure that Saki will be fully playable.

And also Kachua, she will be playable too as Echo Fighter.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Didn't expect more activity here.

Hold on, I will add everyone to the support list soon.

Welcome.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Hello!

I didn't expect a saki thread on smash boards. While he's certainly small, He is apart of some of the last characters to represent smash. (Custom Robo, Chibi-robo, Golden Sun, Advanced Wars, etc.)

*That is, if the ballot had saki on there. which i'm not sure of yet.*

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hello!

I didn't expect a saki thread on smash boards. While she's certainly small, She is apart of some of the last characters to represent smash. (Custom Robo, Chibi-robo, Golden Sun, Advanced Wars, etc.)

*That is, if the ballot had saki on there. which i'm not sure of yet.*
Saki isn’t a she!

If he gets in, the Codec has to make fun of that confusion. Sort of like an inverse of Samus’

Jesting aside, I agree that Sin & Punishment is one of those few franchises that need representation, and while I don’t think Saki performed anywhere near the level of Isaac in the ballot (or even Ray), a unique moveset potential and Sakurai’s love could go a long way.

After Ultimate’s release, I’m expecting Saki to see a huge spike in popularity. ~Maybe enough that people will know his gender~

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Saki isn’t a she!

If he gets in, the Codec has to make fun of that confusion. Sort of like an inverse of Samus’

Jesting aside, I agree that Sin & Punishment is one of those few franchises that need representation, and while I don’t think Saki performed anywhere near the level of Isaac in the ballot (or even Ray), a unique moveset potential and Sakurai’s love could go a long way.

After Ultimate’s release, I’m expecting Saki to see a huge spike in popularity. ~Maybe enough that people will know his gender~
It's funny, i make that mistake EVERYTIME i talk about Saki. Whoops.

Do you think she'll be made a character? or an assist trophy?

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Saki is awesome!
His design and his character has always interested me.
I need to give his game a try one day, it has a killer soundtrack.
I really hope he has a shot this time...

Until then, I support Saki!

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Yeah, I don’t think Saki was very prevalent on the ballot, but I did throw almost all my votes towards Isaac and him. Hopefully Sakurai sees that Saki received more than 2 votes from the entirety of NA and considers him for dlc.

Edit: Also, get it together SAKI THREAD, He not She.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Saki is awesome!
His design and his character has always interested me.
I need to give his game a try one day, it has a killer soundtrack.
I really hope he has a shot this time...

Until then, I support Saki!
Oh the Sin & Punishment games are worth a shot if arcade style shooters are your thing.

Both the first and second can easily be downloaded on the Wii U's shop if you want to try them.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Oh the Sin & Punishment games are worth a shot if arcade style shooters are your thing.

Both the first and second can easily be downloaded on the Wii U's shop if you want to try them.
You can also get the Wii version for pretty cheap. Got mine for less than $20.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You can also get the Wii version for pretty cheap. Got mine for less than $20.
Right, Star Successor is so cheap if only because it's not a sought after game like Xenoblade Chronicles.

Shame, but that's better than having to pay $80 for a fantasic RPG cult hit.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Right, Star Successor is so cheap if only because it's not a sought after game like Xenoblade Chronicles.

Shame, but that's better than having to pay $80 for a fantasic RPG cult hit.
I got xenoblade for like $14 on the eshop.

Digital copy of course, but it was at least better than spending a huge amount like i did on the prime trilogy.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly, I’ll be happy if Saki is omitted from the AT line-up, so that it hopefully rallies the support for him similarly to what happened to Isaac in Smash4.
I'd see it the same way i saw it for Ray. Since both are pretty obscure.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Also, there was that trademark Nintendo acquired/renewed(?) for Sin and Punishment... around the same time as Ultimate's trademarking...

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
(Yeah, i'm deleting this. Completely false on my part. Sorry.)

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I was unaware of this! Is that for real?
Wait, there was trademarks for Golden Sun AND Custom Robo?? Really?

Nvm. I actually thought someone mentioned it, but all i could gather was that Custom Robo was trademarked in 2016.

As for Golden sun, it was trademarked a few years ago. (Doesn't specify which year though.)

And Paper Mario and S&P are the only ones that got retrademarked this year.

Honestly, this couldn't mean much. Eternal Darkness is notoriously known for being in trademark hell.

Don't epect much guys. (And sorry for the misinformation. =w)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Right, trademarks are constantly renewed all the time for many properties.

Sin & Punishment's could mean either Saki having some role in Smash or just keeping the license.

Either way, we still have time to wait and see.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
That's right.

Nothing's stopping him from being back as an Assist Trophy again since most of them are reused assets from Smash 4.
Unfortunately, you are correct. :<

I just hope the Japanese voted for Saki enough for her to be noticed.

(The reason why i say i hope is because i don't really trust the way SourceGaming conducted their research for the ballot in japan.)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Unfortunately, you are correct. :<

I just hope the Japanese voted for Saki enough for her to be noticed.

(The reason why i say i hope is because i don't really trust the way SourceGaming conducted their research for the ballot in japan.)
According to Sakurai, Saki was highly requested during the Brawl era. But I think most of his support died since the AT happened while what's left kept on pushing.

And as much as I appreciate SourceGaming's research, there are still some holes in it (Like the idea that more people wanted Takamaru than Saki).

But that aside, only time will tell. We have a good 4 months left to find out.

Top Bottom