• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bringer of Sin & Punishment: Saki Amamiya for Smash Switch (Happy 19th Anniversary to the Sin & Punishment Franchise)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd have no problem with buying Gunstar Heroes for at least a fourth time. I got Metal Slug 2 because I was craving something like Gunstar Heroes on the Switch, so as long as the price is right, I'd gladly get it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Aaaaaaaaaand, probably, the project of Treasure is...

porting their old games into the new hardwares (ps4&Switch):

https://www.resetera.com/threads/treasure-is-testing-switch’s-vertical-mode-after-fan-request-of-ikaruga.35214/

They're experimenting on Switch with Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun and Gun Star Heroes. And, it seems earlier this year, Ikaruga was rated for PS4.

Well, maybe by this way they can gain some money, expand a bit their company/paying their debts, and trying to do something new or gain attention from some big company in order to do a new game.
I've been talking about this earlier. This is really nice.

I hope that all the sales from these projects could contribute to them wanting to tackle a new Sin & Punishment again.

Never heard of Ikaruga, but I would give that one a try and get Gunstar Heroes on the Switch.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Hmmm...

I have gotten into the Sin and Punishment franchises and it became one of my instant favorites. There are alot of niche games that are so well done that deserve a lot of attention! I only tried Star Successor though, but that games is HARD AS ****!

Anyways. I happened to drop by a bit. But I don’t really want to support Saki. I know he’s the OG character and all, but I like Isa Jo more than Saki, but thats mostly because I played S&P2 and Isa has alot more options. But there wasn’t a support thread for Isa. So I guess Ill support but its mainly for Isa.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Aaaaaaaaaand, probably, the project of Treasure is...

porting their old games into the new hardwares (ps4&Switch):

https://www.resetera.com/threads/treasure-is-testing-switch’s-vertical-mode-after-fan-request-of-ikaruga.35214/

They're experimenting on Switch with Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun and Gun Star Heroes. And, it seems earlier this year, Ikaruga was rated for PS4.

Well, maybe by this way they can gain some money, expand a bit their company/paying their debts, and trying to do something new or gain attention from some big company in order to do a new game.
You say a lot of words, but what I’m reading is ‘we’re getting S&P Collection on the Switch and it’s going to be announced this E3’.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
I'm shocked this thread is so dead. With Snake being back (and the game getting a T rating definitively), Sakurai being a big fan of the series, and now not being in the assists, you guys have more of a chance than people are considering. I doubt Sakurai would intend this to be the "ultimate" Smash and yet leave out one of his favorite series as even an assist.

As someone who loves S&P on the 64, I'm rooting for Saki. Never doubt the underdog.

ThunderOverload

Smash Cadet
I'm shocked this thread is so dead. With Snake being back (and the game getting a T rating definitively), Sakurai being a big fan of the series, and now not being in the assists, you guys have more of a chance than people are considering. I doubt Sakurai would intend this to be the "ultimate" Smash and yet leave out one of his favorite series as even an assist.

As someone who loves S&P on the 64, I'm rooting for Saki. Never doubt the underdog.
It's crazy that Saki isn't getting enough love.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
I love Sin & Punishment 64 (and I play it on my Wii U quite often). Saki is definitely a character I'd love to see get promoted to playable status. I have a pretty good picture in my head of how he'd play in Smash, and it'd be amazing if it actually happened.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I am expecting to see Saki come back as an AT again.

Call me pessimistic, but with 70 AT's being confirmed, there is no doubt he will be back with the same role and will stick with it forever.

Better than nothing.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I am expecting to see Saki come back as an AT again.

Call me pessimistic, but with 70 AT's being confirmed, there is no doubt he will be back with the same role and will stick with it forever.

Better than nothing.
It’s 50+. Not 70.

Well I guess I can start supporting for Isa now.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It’s 50+. Not 70.

Well I guess I can start supporting for Isa now.
Oh right, my bad.

Though yeah, it's possible. Isa still has a shot compared to his father, unless we get no Sin & Punishment 2 content at all

If I recall, Smash 4 had NO references to Star Successor at all. Not even a stage not a trophy. Just Saki because he was already an Assist Trophy.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Saki as playable, and Isa as an Assist would be ideal

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Saki’s currently my most wanted so it’s sad to see this thread so dead. Here’s something, I’m wondering if one of you can answer. This “leaker on 4chan” said some stuff and yadda yadda, but one of the users who replied said Nintendo filed a Sin and Punishment license at the same time as SSBU. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: should probably include the link http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422208494

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Saki’s currently my most wanted so it’s sad to see this thread so dead. Here’s something, I’m wondering if one of you can answer. This “leaker on 4chan” said some stuff and yadda yadda, but one of the users who replied said Nintendo filed a Sin and Punishment license at the same time as SSBU. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit: should probably include the link http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422208494
I see that leak and honetsly I shouldn't put much stock into it unless that leaker can prove how credible he is. As cool as Saki being in Smash would be, I would like to see if this one is worth paying attention to.

IF K Rool does get confirmed next month, then I would be obligated to pin it to the OP. Though I will keep an eye on this.

Other than that, I'll ad you to the list.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I see that leak and honetsly I shouldn't put much stock into it unless that leaker can prove how credible he is. As cool as Saki being in Smash would be, I would like to see if this one is worth paying attention to.

IF K Rool does get confirmed next month, then I would be obligated to pin it to the OP. Though I will keep an eye on this.

Other than that, I'll ad you to the list.

Thanks! I have zero faith in what I’m assuming to be a fake leak, I was more wondering if what the commentor below the OP(fake leaker) said is true about sin and punishment being re-licensed and what that could mean.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Thanks! I have zero faith in what I’m assuming to be a fake leak, I was more wondering if what the commentor below the OP(fake leaker) said is true about sin and punishment being re-licensed and what that could mean.
At best, the license could be just to keep the rights to Sin & Punishment or a planned release for the Nintendo Online Services.This happened about a good few months ago along with licenses like Punch Out too.

It could go whichever result.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Can anyone provide comments that Sakurai has made about Saki or Sin and Punishment in the past?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Can anyone provide comments that Sakurai has made about Saki or Sin and Punishment in the past?
The only thing I could find after a quick search was Sakurai comparing KI Uprising’s gameplay to S&P, but even then it was the interviewer suggesting the comparison.

Also, apparently there’s a Battle Royale character called Saki Sakurai so that might prove to be an obstacle.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I do think Saki will be an AT again (he's too obscure at the end of the day unfortunately) but it's nice to finally have some hope. Who knows, maybe Sakurai plans to upgrade some of the ATs and Saki is one of them :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I still doubt there is some legitimacy in this leak.

But IF we get K Rool next month, then it will be worth following this one.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I still doubt there is some legitimacy in this leak.

But IF we get K Rool next month, then it will be worth following this one.
Saki will be dupe but I think the leak list him to make it legit did anyone proof this leak fake. I still welcome Saki as a character the he fights as assist trophy yeah why not.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Hello. I would like to be added to the support list. While I’ve actually never played the original Sin & Punishment that Saki appears in, I was always intrigued by him ever since his assist trophy in Brawl. I always remember thinking “wow that guy’s cool, why can’t I play as him?” And then just a few years back, out of curiosity, I finally purchased and played Star Successor and was rather blown away. I absolutely fell in love with it. Certainly one of the hidden gems on the Wii. However, I’ve never been an extremely strong supporter due to how obscure the character and series is, and not really wanting to give my hopes up. But now with finally seeing Saki on a popular leak, and with him being absent as an assist trophy so far, I’m starting to get extra giddy over the possibility of him in Smash. He and Ray from Custom Robo have always kind of been my favorite “dark horse” characters. In that due to their obscurity and lack of relevance, I don’t really consider them likely, but are nonetheless characters that I find interesting from games that I adore. I would be very happy to see this incredible series get some representation in Smash, and while I’m still not gonna consider it likely, I am a little bit more hopeful now. Really rootin for him this time!

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Ayy Saki "leaks": http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422208494
Oh I guess you all already saw them. Neat to see him involved in one though. Plus we'll know how true it is in a couple days.

I'm starting to just write off anything that includes Belmont now tbh. I know they're all basing themselves off of Vergeben's leak to make themselves seem legit. Not to mention his leak isn't 100% confirmed either.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ayy Saki "leaks": http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/422208494
Oh I guess you all already saw them. Neat to see him involved in one though. Plus we'll know how true it is in a couple days.

I'm starting to just write off anything that includes Belmont now tbh. I know they're all basing themselves off of Vergeben's leak to make themselves seem legit. Not to mention his leak isn't 100% confirmed either.
Verge is the new Gematsu, where everyone piggybacks off him. But it's refreshing to see Saki on a leak for once, even if he's guaranteed to be back as an Assist Trophy.

If we don'r see King K Rool confirmed on July 8th (next week), then we will know for sure if the leak is dead.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Verge is the new Gematsu, where everyone piggybacks off him. But it's refreshing to see Saki on a leak for once, even if he's guaranteed to be back as an Assist Trophy.

If we don'r see King K Rool confirmed on July 8th (next week), then we will know for sure if the leak is dead.
I think it's the 9th, but yeah.

Like I said I still don't buy that leak. With Gematsu, it got some insane things right, right away. Yeah, Verge got Ridley right, but there's so many leaks that predict Ridley every time. Could be a lucky guess. He also got all the vets (from smash 4) returning, but never mentioned the rest, and for some reason explicitly stated IC's and not Wolf or any other notable ones. Seeing that a lot of people thought it would be a port, seems like it could be a coincidence to me. Tbh I think he got lucky, and everyone getting their hope's up for Belmont need to relax a bit.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I recently looked back on roster I had made during the Brawl days and I had Saki as a potential newcomer back then. I remember being impressed that he had a gun and sword combo attack as an Assist Trophy. I believe Saki is among the Assist Trophies I would like to see playable (Waluigi, Samurai Goroh, Isaac, Krystal) and he can make that jump like Little Mac. I may haven't played his games, but I support Saki for Smash Ultimate.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Sin and Punishment is a great series that needs more love and I even recall Sakurai citing Sin and Punishment as an influence to Kid Icarus Uprising's flight sections so there is a glimmer of hope. Saki or Isa would provide great movesets so count me in as a supporter =). I made these as well

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sin and Punishment is a great series that needs more love and I even recall Sakurai citing Sin and Punishment as an influence to Kid Icarus Uprising's flight sections so there is a glimmer of hope. Saki or Isa would provide great movesets so count me in as a supporter =). I made these as well

I really love this alot. Very beautiful editing.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know, I don't think I ever got around to supporting this boi for Ultimate despite how much of a regular I was in thevSmash For thread. Either way, maybe he'll be one of those out of nowhere surprise characters.

Calane

Smash Ace
I can't believe it, but it seems like Saki's still alive! I don't think he was shown off in the direct, so maybe there's actually a chance for him?

(Unless he was and I just didn't notice somehow).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Add me to the support list. Saki would be such an awesome character to use in Smash and Isa can even be an Echo!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hold on mates, I'll add you all in a bit. Didn't expect more activity here.

I can't believe it, but it seems like Saki's still alive! I don't think he was shown off in the direct, so maybe there's actually a chance for him?

(Unless he was and I just didn't notice somehow).
Nope, Saki was nowhere to be found at all.

He's safe for now.

Top Bottom