• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BrawlBox Model Replacement Guide! (0.1)

xSpartanLazerx

Smash Rookie
The model you're inserting has to have more bones than the model you're replacing...?
Well ****, that means Gardevoir's out of the question entirely! ;_;

No. It does not. If you (or someone else) is willing, you can make the animations for her.

Zakoball (Green Alloy)= 34 Bones
Zakoboy (Red Alloy)= 34 Bones
Zakochild (Yellow Alloy)= 34 Bones
Zakogirl (Blue Alloy)= 39 Bones

Gardevoir = 39 Bones

There's a chance.

EDIT: OH YEAH. You'll DEFINATELY need to reanimated it. (Should work, just animate the bones.)

SGTR

Smash Rookie
i have a question, ive model hacked a character but now the bones arent corresponding to the model at all, how do i fix this, i have absolutley no idea

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
Have they implemented a way to create bone and animations for custom models from other games or take a preexisting model, such as Ike, and weighing the skeleton to, say, the Naruto model from NSGNT EX3, yet?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
scale it down with animations
as for the textures i have no idea
oh and i hope you know people are already working on getting boswer jr to work in-game

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
I put silver's GHZ model over olimar's but the shoes become stretched out.
EDIT: here's a pic

Hyperpulse

Smash Rookie
I'm having a rather odd problem. I'm using a pal wii and have replaced the model and the texture of the Yellow Alloy with Drifloon's, but when I go to the multiman brawl mode, the game just loads Yellow Alloy as usual. The files are in F:\private\wii\app\RSBP\pf\fighter\zakochild and are named FitZakoChild00.pac and FitZakoChild00.pcs. I have made sure that the replacement models are in the files, but the game continues to load the Yellow Alloy. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

manman1235

Smash Cadet
I'm having a rather odd problem. I'm using a pal wii and have replaced the model and the texture of the Yellow Alloy with Drifloon's, but when I go to the multiman brawl mode, the game just loads Yellow Alloy as usual. The files are in F:\private\wii\app\RSBP\pf\fighter\zakochild and are named FitZakoChild00.pac and FitZakoChild00.pcs. I have made sure that the replacement models are in the files, but the game continues to load the Yellow Alloy. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
The folder should be named F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\zakochild :awesome:
@pokechao Are those Silver's animations?

Tulat

Smash Cadet
Hello, I've been trying to get this to work for over a month, and this is the first time i've asked for help since I dislike asking for help.
Anyways, I know the answer is probably something stupid that I overlooked, but i'm not very experience in models anyways.

The problem is that I'm taking a model from a SV stage texture (Snowman and house from snowbound texture) and putting it in the SV stage texture i'm working on.

Both textures work alone, but when I add the model to the texture it freezes when I chose the stage on brawl.
It does load up in brawlbox preview though.

I've done everything I can think of, and yes I did not forget the CHR and Textures (Textures work in preview).
What could be causing this? I've never once added a model to a texture so I have no idea.

If need be, I can take some images of brawlbox and such, but if you know the problem already without me having to take the time to take a picture of all of the stuff, that would be nice.

Also, a 2nd problem.
since i'm making a sv stage texture from a texture, not the original, some models are floating such as a animal crossing person.

I open it up in preview and change it's main bone to Z = 50,000
I assumed this would make it be far enough to not be seen, since deleting the model makes it freeze.
But... It doesn't move.

Thank you.

Note: I skimed through and never saw stage model stuff.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
First thing to check would be the file size. If it's larger than the original stage (the Brawl default) then it will freeze no matter what (assuming you're using Gecko; sometimes Riivolution can ignore the limit).

If it's not that then there's something wrong with the way you added it. That could be any number of problems, so screenshots might help.

For the Animal Crossing characters, you can make their materials invisible if you can't delete them. Change the "type" to 3.

Tulat

Smash Cadet
I do use Riivolution, sorry I forgot to mention that.
The one that works without extra models such as snowman, house, ect. is 2,604kb
The one that had the extra models that freezes is 2,930kb.

I don't know what the original is, I'm assuming this isn't the problem.
But I will go check soon tonight and see if it's larger or not, which wouldn't make sense for me.
Wouldn't it already be larger with the one that works because there is more in it than the default.
Anyways...

I took some screens, although I don't know what exactly you need to see.
Tell me exactly what to screen if this isn't enough.

Also, I can't find "type", where is it?

Edit: The "jungle" model works, but i didn't add it. It was on the stage i'm editing.

Colin Smith

Smash Cadet
So, I have a model I wanna add over Fox, but the problem is that her model is converted for Source engine. What do I need to do to convert it over to Brawl?

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
hey room. so lately i've been trying to update one of my older link skins with one of the SWEEET new weapons found in the Soul Calibur II Weapon back made by Pokemaster Ely and KorytheMaril (you can find it in brawl vault, too lazy to link it. should be very recent still)

In other words, i am attempting to move the sword object only, without affecting the rest of the skin. any tips for model segmenting?

Top Bottom