• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Bowser Social Thread

A Stuffy Muffin

Smash Cadet
well maybe the 24 can mean you're a bowser main 24 hours a day ;)

anyone goin to g3nesis? Im goin and would be down to play with yall : )
I'm restricted to North east tournaments as of right now but I'd love to hit up one of the big nationals one day. I'd love to play with any of you guys, too. A chance to actually play with someone who respects the character would be nice. Maybe even advance the meta a little...that **** would be hype.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Oh geez that would be great. Lets keep in touch so we can someday play together. I doubt it will be anytime soon tho, as I live in Canada (Québec) and I'm the only Bowser main here xD (And studying and can't travel... o_O)

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Ayyy good news guys! I went to a weekly yesterday, and my stagefright didn't kick in! :DDD I found that when I rest my elbows on my knees, I focus 100% into the game.

First match I beat a Sheik, and then everyone wanted to do friendlies with me. I played with pretty much everyone and won tons of them. So yep, I enjoyed this a lot, releasing all my potential into the game, and it was epic. :D Suddenly went famous lol.

I'm gonna focus even more on Bowser now, I need to practice a few things...

Edit: I'm trying to find a picture of Paper Bowser in his white tuxedo (wedding with Peach) with transparent background for my avatar. Anyone could help me find one - make one with photoshop? It would be greatly appreciated. :o

Last edited:

A Stuffy Muffin

Smash Cadet
Ayyy good news guys! I went to a weekly yesterday, and my stagefright didn't kick in! :DDD I found that when I rest my elbows on my knees, I focus 100% into the game.

First match I beat a Sheik, and then everyone wanted to do friendlies with me. I played with pretty much everyone and won tons of them. So yep, I enjoyed this a lot, releasing all my potential into the game, and it was epic. :D Suddenly went famous lol.

I'm gonna focus even more on Bowser now, I need to practice a few things...

Edit: I'm trying to find a picture of Paper Bowser in his white tuxedo (wedding with Peach) with transparent background for my avatar. Anyone could help me find one - make one with photoshop? It would be greatly appreciated. :o

Edit: I'm trying to find a picture of Paper Bowser in his white tuxedo (wedding with Peach) with transparent background for my avatar. Could anyone help me find one - make one with photoshop? It would be greatly appreciated. :o

Sooooooooooooo hype, man! I'm glad you got over your stage fright and that you can destroy people with Bowser!

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Alright guys, it's the second time I accidentally cancel my Bowser bomb on the ledge, this time on Yoshi Story. I landed on the side of the ledge, heard the boom, then Bowser dropped and grabbed the ledge. I have no clue if it would be useful tho, and it seems hard to do lol.

Well, that's it. o/

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Was bored so I decided to check out the life of the Melee Bowsers.

It's pretty amazing how radically different the two play between Wii U and Melee. You guys are real inspirations for sticking with him this whole way!

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Was bored so I decided to check out the life of the Melee Bowsers.

It's pretty amazing how radically different the two play between Wii U and Melee. You guys are real inspirations for sticking with him this whole way!
Well yeah, in Smash 4 he isn't even that bad. Low mid tier, sure, but he has a lot to work with. On the contrary, Melee Bowser is absolute sadness. But we love him anyways.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
I may or may not have been playing quite a bit of Melee Bowser lately. Maybe because I miss "ye olde days" when I was 9 or 10, come home from school and just Bowser Bomb people in Training Mode for hours. Maybe it's because of all those DJNintendo videos I watched.

Nevertheless, Melee is quite a bit more fun now that I sorta know what I am doing. Wii U is still my niche (I admit that I feel Melee is too fast/too technical for me) but I guess I'm a Bowser casual now. Lurkin' on these forums now.

Audos

Smash Apprentice
I may or may not have been playing quite a bit of Melee Bowser lately. Maybe because I miss "ye olde days" when I was 9 or 10, come home from school and just Bowser Bomb people in Training Mode for hours. Maybe it's because of all those DJNintendo videos I watched.

Nevertheless, Melee is quite a bit more fun now that I sorta know what I am doing. Wii U is still my niche (I admit that I feel Melee is too fast/too technical for me) but I guess I'm a Bowser casual now. Lurkin' on these forums now.
I feel like, deep down, everyone is a bowser casual.

Audos

Smash Apprentice
No I think they just like playing characters that are good

or maybe they're just scrubs, yeah probably that
Don't say something you're gonna regret, Lum. It will only take 3 weeks for bowser to get across FD and fair you to death. Maybe like 3 more days for the jumpsquat. Max 4.

Just in general you sho
uld be worried.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Don't say something you're gonna regret, Lum. It will only take 3 weeks for bowser to get across FD and fair you to death. Maybe like 3 more days for the jumpsquat. Max 4.

Just in general you sho
uld be worried.
My Bowser will SH waveland moonwalk wavedash turnaround ftilt you in the face if you keep it up

Last edited:

Audos

Smash Apprentice
w8 one minute mister, I recognize that avatar

Why are Bowser mains weeaboos

I'll have you know I am a pro
ud Bowser casual, not main, friend. Treat me with the disrespect I deserve.
Also you recognized my avatar, that makes you part of the problem.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I'll have you know I am a proud Bowser casual, not main, friend. Treat me with the disrespect I deserve.
Also you recognized my avatar, that makes you part of the problem.
Omg this is gold.

Git rekt gmBottles gmBottles

Btw why don't you main Bowser? He's the cutest character in the roster.

Audos

Smash Apprentice
Omg this is gold.

Git rekt gmBottles gmBottles

Btw why don't you main Bowser? He's the cutest character in the roster.
Don't get me wrong, Bowser is most certainly waifu material! But that is exactly the issue, human reflexes slow down when something as thicc as bowser is always on the screen. I can't risk that kind of tactical disadvantage long-term. TBH that's the only reason he's considered low-tier. Otherwise this board would get more action than the falco general thread after PP won Apex. Look out peach, the real stonkest booty en gaeming iz hear.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Went to my first Melee tournament yesterday. Won two sets before getting rekt in winners and then in losers, but it was cool to upB oos people around while it lasted.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Went to my first Melee tournament yesterday. Won two sets before getting rekt in winners and then in losers, but it was cool to upB oos people around while it lasted.
Winning two sets at your first tournament is something to be proud of, especially with Bowser. No matter what the opponents skill level may have been, that's something.

Don't rely too heavily on upB OoS though, just a side note. If you do, good players will recognize this and punish you hard.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
There isn't enough players to advance Bowser's meta rip. The few players are either nihilistic, switching to other characters and saying Bowser is not viable, or just not here.

This is a lonely road.

Dralro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Deadeye42
No there really isn't, but there are a few of us who are devoted to the character. Need help, need work, we are here to assist.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
There isn't enough players to advance Bowser's meta rip. The few players are either nihilistic, switching to other characters and saying Bowser is not viable, or just not here.

This is a lonely road.
I don't think it's so much nihilistic as it is realistic. For example, I think this would apply to me very accurately. I don't think playing Bowser is meaningless, but I do think that in order to win in tournament (at high level, anyway) you can't really play anyone worse than, like, Luigi or Ganondorf.

That said, I still think we have the collective power to make a difference in Bowser's meta.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Hey just updating here; I placed 49th at DreamHack MTL and 65th at Canada Cup this year.

It's only the beggining I believe, there's still a lot for me to learn.

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I am a traveling warrior looking for my Smash 4 main(s). As a part of my journey, I will be visiting all the character’s social threads who I think I might main. So, hi! To add some substance to my post, what do you think about character socials? I think they are a great way to talk with fellow people who play the character and learn more about the character as well as being able to chill and talk about stuff irl.

:luigi:Hope to talk with you again!

Top Bottom