• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre-Release The Bounty Board: Stuff That Needs Testing

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey guys, I'm making a centralized location for SPECIFIC MECHANICAL CHANGES that we want to be tested by people who get access to the demo at events.

This is not the place to ask for random impressions, nor request more footage of your favorite character. This is for people who kindly wish to use their limited demo opportunities to help the community.

Please keep in mind the characters and stage available in the demo build being used at these events.

No Video Required (But it's always nice):
  • Hoe does random stage select work? Is the random stage revealed before the game starts? (Before characters are selected?)
  • Are grounded spikes tech-able?
  • Hard confirmation of 85% multiplier on SH aerials. (Test in a ditto with no stale moves)
  • Hard confirmation of staling moves on shield. (Stale a move ~10 times, at least a second apart, on a shield, and then hit with it)
  • Details on short hop attack shortcut
    • How does it buffer?
    • What if you hold either button?
    • Work with grab button?
    • Work with tap jump?
  • Hazards-off behavior of the following stages:
    • Onett
    • Green Greens
    • Mario Galaxy
    • Coliseum
    • New Pork City
    • Tortimer Island (Randomization?)
Video Required (Preferably 60fps):
  • Shieldstun footage with fresh moves and documented/verified actions. (i.e. "I'm releasing shield during shieldstun" or "I'm buffering a jump OoS during shieldstun")
  • Shieldstun footage with a repeated staling move and documented/verified actions.
  • Rage (Test in a ditto with identical hits and no stale moves, using other moves to first build various levels of damage.)

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Do we know anything about rage effects? Would be nice to test, though I admit it would be quite time consuming to get proper numbers. I propose Fox's Usmash as the reference move. Use his blaster for fine tuning the target's percent after beating them up. Remember that it will deal even less damage per shot at long range. Video evidence shouldn't be necessary for this, just somebody willing to write down some kill percents.

Also since I'm here I should explain why we're freaking out about shieldstun. My default guess at this point is there is no true shieldstun in the demo. But other possible explanations being that aerials in particular have abnormally low shieldstun. OR shieldstun does in fact work, you can just shield jump out of it which would be a bug. Either way, here's Ike's 9.4% N-Air delivering just one frame of shieldstun before Zelda jumps. Footage of somebody responding as fast as they can from their shield after a block would be appreciated. Especially if you can get examples from both grounded attacks and aerials - the stronger the attack the better. Grounded attacks might have fairly consistent levels of shieldstun, though I'll point out now nothing we've seen suggests shieldstun is greater than or equal to Smash 4's formula when it is seemingly working.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Confirmation of effects of hazardless on Tortimer Island, regarding randomised stage layout.
Only have one video out at the moment so there isn't any evidence that the layout is the same each time, or evidence to the contrary.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I’d like to know more about the short hop aerial macro... How much of a buffer does it have between the jump and attack inputs? If you can hold one button and press the other at any point on the ground? Does a grab button and jump work? Would grab and jump perform a Zair? Does tap jump and attack trigger it?

Luigi player

Smash Master
It seems like item instant tossing is out, but if anyone wants to play around more with it that would be nice (like maybe it only works with shield-button + A, or maybe you have to use the cstick and not A?, or with shield-button + Z/grab.. probably only with non-directional airdodge..?).

Another thing I'd really want to know is how the buffering works this time.
Can you buffer multiple actions again (like in Brawl) or is it the same as Smash4?
testing example:
- test doublejump + aerial out of a non-directional airdodge

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
I wish someone could test how DI works.

I don't think it's confirmed whether Ultimate has smash4's weird vectoring/DI hybrid, or if it's back to how it was in older games.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Been looking at this interaction between bowser and ganondorf for a while. 1% multihit versus a ~30% smash attack and they clank. Seems like the system of priority we're used to isn't yet implemented in the demo. Or they decided everything ought to clank with everything regardless of damage. That could be interesting, if a little jank, looking at how long Bowser was in rebound. This isn't a good case scenario since we don't see Ganondorf's rebound animation thanks to the mushroom wearing off, but Bowser appeared stunned long enough that Ganondorf finished his shrink animation and launched an Usmash.

Top Bottom