• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
^........... Dont get hit with fair and it becomes alot easier than it looks. also learn to back away from his side b.
It's hard to not get hit by f-air. :<
Also, his bananas are weird. A few times I've shielded a banana, and after I shield it, it drops a certain distance away from me. Even though I'm clearly not standing on the banana, when I drop my shield, I trip on it. wat
I think I've naired diddy out of his side b a few times (I do a low float backwards while n-airing).

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
^........... Dont get hit with fair and it becomes alot easier than it looks. also learn to back away from his side b.
Play Gnes. Like I said, this is probably the WORST it has ever been against him. I usually take him down to last stock around mid percentage.

Gnes makes that Match up 70-30 in his favor.
I played at S.L.U.T. 1 and he was all
"Oh you're going to float? I am ****ing GNES, I'l banana lock you across the stage while you're in the air."
LOL

I hate the diddy MU T.T

I'm 0-2 with GDX. Then again I never get experience with Diddys

:rosalina:
I never lose to other Diddies besides ADHD and Gnes.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Why is the Captain Falcon MU supposed to be so easy? Peach supposedly overwhelms him with priority, but I have problems with him. What gives her such an advantage? What moves should I use on him when he's close?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Our character is one of the few who has item control to rival Diddy's. Step it up on the MU people. Marth I can understand the difficulty for some, but this matchup is completely even in almost every regard.

z00ted

I wasn't even playing bad, Gnes was just on fire.

I usually take Gnes to like last stock mid percentage, this was an exception. I've beaten Fliphop, tons of Florida Diddies multiple times, and like every other Diddy besides ADHD (money match), AZ (never played), and Lie (never played).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Diddy Kong is a hit and run match up. Thus why you can Camp/time him out. When Diddy has a nana in his hand. Do Not rush diddy. Pay attention to what he is doing. Most people just wanna rush in and Dair or go in with Fair. That typical gameplay is not gonna work. Remember that his options are limited. When he has a naner. he can't use any of his stander attacks. When he does toss it go on about fighting him. But don't go all aggressive. Diddy will just Fair you every time. When a Naner is near you, Ground Float Nair near it and Drop. You will Grab it. So there is no need to dash attack it to get it. Kills times. Also you can do this if Diddy goes in for a dash attack to get it. This can hit diddy and you grab it.

Time Ground floated Nairs to grab the naners and toss it back. Or play around with it to do damage on diddy. So Can have both naners under your control. Also ground float alot. Both air and ground game grounded Plus a naner game from Peach. The Pressure diddy will be having, he can't do anything out of shield. And throw in Z drops in the mix. since when pressured, Peach has shield advantage. So all they can really do is side step or roll.

When you have naners under your control, get that tunip game in as well. Have a nair in from and behind you. or even on platforms for traps. and play around with your turnips. You have a wall along with Naners. And if diddy wants to get in. you have your spaced ground floated moves to turnips/naner set ups. he can have only 2 naers out at once. They will be under your control plus you playing with turnips. He now has his peanut gun that turnips go right through. he wants his naners? he has to go through your turnip and naner play/wall. Or wait for them to vanish Which you can take advantage of.

When Diddy has a naner, do not approach him. He can toss it all he wants. That does not mean you have to go to him. And you can catch them easy. They become yours and you start from square one. Get your hits from diddy and if you can't pound on him anymore, just get away. If he has a naer in his hand. You can wait for the toss or grab a turnip and hold it. Use that turnip to save you incase he goes in with something. But don't do this all the time. Cause it can limit your options to counter attack or break away.

I don't like being in the air too much. cause if he sees that basic Peach floating game, he will just go in with Fair I usually try to stay as ground as I an with Diddy. And limit my turnip use. I kinda treat this match up like Falco. Banana game with Peach+frame advantage= Diddy can't do ****.

Don't try attacking out of shield with full hop dairs or bairs. That Fair of his aint having it. If anything, Ground float it out of shield. Space it to a reserve jab cancel. DON'T BUTTON MASH OR PRESS A SO QUICK. characters can side side her double jab then punish you. This helps if he wants to side step or roll. Then you can catch it to a punish, or just run.

z00ted

Dang, I didn't ask for a matchup analysis but Dark Pch delivered.

Thanks man.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Still not in our favor.
No one with a recent mindset ever said it was. It's a completely even matchup.

Interrupt his flow and take momentum...Peach temporarily controls the match.

Allow him to grasp momentum and/or set up strong camp...Diddy temporarily controls the match.

In the end it's all about reaction time and who can abuse item control better, making it one of my most favorite matchups.

z00ted

loool I love the Peach boards when Metatitan/Nicole/King Beef/Evil Guy/Hiroi post.

PG got a new avi, featuring Peach's back.. wtf?

Metatitan

Smash Master

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I just bit into a donut and a bunch of ants came spewing out of it.

Nom?

:peach:

Sry, thought I clicked edit for some reason.

:dk2:

Top Bottom