• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Xyless

Smash Master
Everything in Peach's arsenal is necessary to learn, in my opinion. Float canceling is pretty big, especially making sure that she auto-cancels as she lands, to prevent punishing frames on the lag of her cooldown.

EDIT: The major benefit of setting a shoulder to jump should be obvious: having a separate finger designated strictly to jump let's you not have to cramp your hands to use both jump and c-stick.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
No, Peach IS bad on Wi Fi and I don't care if I'm biased as hell cause I main her, she's still pretty dire

No kills moves, extremely precise inputs for Bonewalking/Floating, recovery that requires very good positioning and timing or you'll get killed, aerials that have to be spaced really well or you'll get grabbed and really good OoS options that all require precies inputs. Other characters that rely on precise spacing like Wario are hurt as well but at least those characters have reliable kill moves at around 100%. Peach doesn't have any of them and why you would time out your opponent on wi fi is beyond me unless you've agreed with the other person to do so

Wi Fi Peach and Offline Peach are pretty different - some of the stuff I do online I wouldn't dream of doing offline

The plus side is that people can't powershield or catch Turnips effectivly at all but online its so easy to run up to Peach and shield grab what she's doing unless she comes down from the air with an aerial prematurely because of input lag. By the time Peach has seen her opponent running towards her and she's coming down with an aerial, the opponent has already covered enough ground to get close enough to shield grab her because the input lag is preventing her from dropping down when she's supposed to. Edgeguarding at dangerously low heights is also very tricky because one false move and you'll die due to lack of vertical reach. Couple that with a very sensitive buffer system in Brawl and that Floating after your Uair for momentum cancelling instead of jumping will send you even furthur back when in hitstun and you've got yourself a very very fragile Peach

There are some things Peach has that make her a pain online like Fair/Dair and Turnips but its very very hard to get things perfect on Wi Fi and Peach is acharacter that functions very badly if not played perfectly

Edit:
I can not stand using Peach because of the float.
Just saying.
Its funny cause thats the exact opposite for me - I play like a total scrub when I try and use other characteres except Peach :p

The worst part is I keep trying to Float with other characters :S Trying to do a 'Floating Dair' with DeDeDe is not a good idea lol

M15t3R E

Smash Master
No, Peach IS bad on Wi Fi and I don't care if I'm biased as hell cause I main her, she's still pretty dire
Peach is a technical character when used correctly. Same for Pikachu. WiFi is not very technical playstyle-friendly.

This is also why when people say "I wish Melee had online play" I say that would be a horrible idea xD

Xyless

Smash Master
I agree with Rick. Peach and ZSS aren't that good of characters on wifi because they aare the high precision characters of the game.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Peach is a technical character when used correctly. Same for Pikachu. WiFi is not very technical playstyle-friendly.

This is also why when people say "I wish Melee had online play" I say that would be a horrible idea xD
I thought that all you really did with Pikachu was carefully use Tjolt, chaingrab, aerial chain, and kill.
The only thing that would be hard there is chaingrabbing. But I've probably got the wrong idea.
I agree with Rick. Peach and ZSS aren't that good of characters on wifi because they aare the high precision characters of the game.
Can't argue with you there.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I thought that all you really did with Pikachu was carefully use Tjolt, chaingrab, aerial chain, and kill.
The only thing that would be hard there is chaingrabbing. But I've probably got the wrong idea.
Haha. I can't even CG, approach correctly with a hopped t-jolt or do set-ups like f-throw to u-smash, nor nair OOS or even edgeguard with Pikachu on WiFi. It's **** terrible.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
It would suck, ya IF it played like Brawl does on WiFi, it wouldn't only be a horrible idea but it would be pointless like playing on an LCD. But if it's online play was lagless and well done then I say why not. Doesn't replace actual in-person tournies either way.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Haha. I can't even CG, approach correctly with a hopped t-jolt or do set-ups like f-throw to u-smash, nor nair OOS or even edgeguard with Pikachu on WiFi. It's **** terrible.
How bad is the lag? lol
If I can do flipmans and Flight of Ganon with... well, Ganon on wifi, you can use Pikachu.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Fox sucks on wifi because you relie heavily on punishing most things other can't and making high-risk high-reward things and lag throw yours punishments way off and you get punished for trying and high-risk high-reward just becomes high-risk. Also one thing I hate is I can't SHTL on ther worth ****.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Running Up Smashing people who just stand there is very satisfying with Fox though lol

It really depends on how you play on Wi Fi. Doing perfectly legit things that work offline and are a stable part of the characters gameplay online doesn't work a lot of the time

I have a very large gripe with playing online with people from AllisBrawl for that very reason - some of the stuff they do is absolutely ridiculous and not in a good way because the ******** 'combos' people pull off are a load of premature strings that shouldn't all be hitting in the first place. I hate it because offline, I know full well unless someones punched me that I am not going to get stringed to death by repeated Uairs/Bairs by Falcon/DK, nor am I going to crash headlong into 50 missiles before getting zapped by a charge shot from Samus, nor will I just sit there or land point blank into a pivot grabbing Olimar, neither will I jump straight into attacks without moving back in time to avoid them and I most certinally am not going to Float at a height where my aerials will miss the opponent completely but be low enough for me to get smacked by the charged Up Smash coming my way

Characters with fast aerials that can be spaced over and over again (lots of Bairs spring to mind) get a boost from Wi Fi if you ask me because punishing them is a nightmare. Peach doesn't have that because her Fair is so slow

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
no, peach is bad on wi fi and i don't care if i'm biased as hell cause i main her, she's still pretty dire

no kills moves, extremely precise inputs for bonewalking/floating, recovery that requires very good positioning and timing or you'll get killed, aerials that have to be spaced really well or you'll get grabbed and really good oos options that all require precies inputs. Other characters that rely on precise spacing like wario are hurt as well but at least those characters have reliable kill moves at around 100%. Peach doesn't have any of them and why you would time out your opponent on wi fi is beyond me unless you've agreed with the other person to do so

wi fi peach and offline peach are pretty different - some of the stuff i do online i wouldn't dream of doing offline

the plus side is that people can't powershield or catch turnips effectivly at all but online its so easy to run up to peach and shield grab what she's doing unless she comes down from the air with an aerial prematurely because of input lag. By the time peach has seen her opponent running towards her and she's coming down with an aerial, the opponent has already covered enough ground to get close enough to shield grab her because the input lag is preventing her from dropping down when she's supposed to. Edgeguarding at dangerously low heights is also very tricky because one false move and you'll die due to lack of vertical reach. Couple that with a very sensitive buffer system in brawl and that floating after your uair for momentum cancelling instead of jumping will send you even furthur back when in hitstun and you've got yourself a very very fragile peach

there are some things peach has that make her a pain online like fair/dair and turnips but its very very hard to get things perfect on wi fi and peach is acharacter that functions very badly if not played perfectly

edit:

Its funny cause thats the exact opposite for me - i play like a total scrub when i try and use other characteres except peach :p

the worst part is i keep trying to float with other characters :s trying to do a 'floating dair' with dedede is not a good idea lol
someone who understands!

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
You act as though lag is constant. Lag intensity can change during inputs, that's why I sometimes do a empty sh instead of a sh aerial as an example.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
...wow lots of stuff happened.

im gonna post here more often. everyone excited? YOU BETTER BE

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
OMG wifi... That's my specialty :D

Okay, so overall, Peach isn't as good on wifi as she is offline if you play an offline style, but if you incorporate a few different moves in a few different ways and create an online style, then she can actually be pretty good.

On wifi, the first and probably hardest part is to get used to the lag, which is a lot easier said than done. Lag fluctuates incredibly, so you have to be able to adjust. This probably requires extending inputs, predicting a few seconds ahead than usual, and waiting. Lag will always be a major problem on wifi, but if you can atleast learn to not play as "on-beat" as offline play, then things should run more smoothly.

The next thing is to learn which moves actually work. I know this probably sounds crazy, but I've been dealing with AiB for a while and have done fairly decently, so I know this works. Floating above their shield and dairing does work on wifi. It's not the best option offline, but either people on wifi don't know how to deal with this or Peach gets some advantage from wifi. Dair combos are soooo much easier to land on wifi. I literally get 40-60% combos on most decent players. Of course, against the people who play offline, it doesn't work as well, but dair is still an awesome move.

Camping is one of peach's most useful tactics on wifi. When you're the one throwing all the projectiles, you don't need to worry about timing at all (unless you're like glide tossing or something, which is easily manageable). Your opponent needs to worry about timing more than you do, which is an advantage of wifi.

Aggressive vs. Campy is up to you, and I normally base this off of my opponent's character. Aggressive involves approaching a lot, usually with turnips and good spacing. Campy is throwing a lot of turnips, chilling out under platforms, and baiting people with FC Bairs.

The last thing is killing, which is probable the most frustrating part about wifi after lag. Peach has 3 main killing moves (imo): Fair, Fsmash, and Usmash. Fair is my most used move to kill, followed by fsmash, and then usmash. Fair gets easier to space the more you get used to lag, but its also probably the most easiest-move-to-decay unless your opponent shields all your fairs (which is actually really beneficial considering you can just continue to pressure their shield). Fsmash is usually a bait-kinda move, and usmash is all prediction. I usually wait until like 140-160% to start killing, especially because people usually live longer on wifi. If you start trying to kill early, then you start wasting your killing moves, which in the end makes it longer until your opponent dies. One thing that I've learned works on wifi pretty well is a properly spaced cancelled fair into fsmash, because if people try to drop their shield to grab after the fair, they get fsmashed in the face.

Well, that's my speech for today. Basically Peach has her nerfs on wifi, but if you create a wifi style, then she becomes much better

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Losing on Wifi because of lag and other stupid reasons makes me want to punch a whole in the wall!!!

GRRRR!! Need to take a break from Wifi before I go crazy with anger!

<3 <3 <3

Top Bottom