• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bosses's Annihilation - A Guide About How to Dodge Each Boss Move

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I want to put a name to this guide.

If anyone have a suggestion, post here.

"A Guide About How To Dodge Each Boss Move" is so generic.

Can anyone help with this ?

You can call crazy hand's wacky flapping around a breakdancer.
I'll put Breakdancer, since I don't know the real name of this attack.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Great guide, I think the name doesn't need changing since it's nice and obvious and it's that that made me come to this. Hopefully I can knock off the Boss challenges thanks to this. :bee:

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I'll put Breakdancer, since I don't know the real name of this attack.
Well it does look like breakdancing, but at a finger scale, like a fingerboards, and finger scooters.

I was hoping to see a guide that would have described what each boss does before each attack. This would help prepare newbs to dodge, i believe.

I can dodge all of meta ridley's attacks, because somehow i get the feeling of what he's about to do, some are obviously, some not as much.

-When Ridley (RL) goes up, he'll body slam the ship.
-When RL moves back slowly, he will come back quick and smack the end of the ship.
-When RL shouts, he'll grind his wing (or tail? confirm this, someone) on the roof on the deck
-When RL moves back quickly, he'll either start shooting fireballs, scratch the deck with his tail or grab onto the ship.
--you can tell if he's going to shoot a series of fireballs if he comes up from roughly the lower side of the screen.
-if you don't see him arise from the lower section, then he's probably going to grind the deck with his tail.
-Giant fireball i dont quite remember, i rarely have to deal with that situation

Some of these are probably wrong as i haven't played boss battles in a longgg time. someone is more than welcome to correct me on this.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I was hoping to see a guide that would have described what each boss does before each attack. This would help prepare newbs to dodge, i believe.
This is a common knowledge and it's very obvious. You just need to pay attention in the movements of each boss.

I was very objective when I wrote the guide, cause almost everything is a common knowledge.

EDIT:

UPDATES:
* Tabuu's Pinpoint Explosion explanation was updated.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Some Move names you should change.

Ground Dash ---> Dig

Aerial Dash ----> Fly + Dive

Ball of Electricity ----> Dragon Pulse

Thats all.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Ball of Electricity ----> Dragon Pulse.
Are you really sure about that ?

Look at this explanation about Rayquaza's Ball of Electricity:
"Rayquaza sends a ball of electricity in front of itself diagonally, or lowers its head and sends the lightning orb in front of itself, which travels across the stage unless it hits the ground, when it will explode (This can be reflected by various reflecting attacks but not absorbed by PSI Magnet or Oil Panic). "

In my opinion, Rayquaza's Ball of Electricity name shouldn't be changed, since Dragon Pulse isn't a move filled with Electricity, but with Energy (Correct me if I'm wrong), like Duon's blaster and it can be absorbed by PSI Magnet or Oil Panic (Moves which absorbs Energy attacks). Ball of Electricity has electrical properties which doesn't allow you to absorb the move.

Correct me if I'm wrong with my explanation about Dragon Pulse and Ball of Electricity cause I don't play Pokemon games since a long time.

Also, I fixed: Rayquaza's Ground Dash ----> Dig. I put Dig.

Thanks.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
YoshSSB and I have some boss memorization done. I added my own notes to the SSB Wikia under the bosses' individual pages, and YoshSSB has his notes in his Boss Battles FAQ.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
YoshSSB and I have some boss memorization done. I added my own notes to the SSB Wikia under the bosses' individual pages, and YoshSSB has his notes in his Boss Battles FAQ.
I know YoshSSB. He is a beast.

If you have something that can help to improve my guide, post here dude.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
For Master and Crazy hand's grab, if you just keep running away from them he doesn't catch you.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
For Master and Crazy hand's grab, if you just keep running away from them he doesn't catch you.
Well, that's a good way to avoid the grab attack, but in terms of Dodge -> Punish, running away isn't good. Let me explain, Which is better: Running Away or Ground Dodge -> Punish Severely ? That's why I put Ground Dodge because my guide is based on avoid the boss move and punish severely. I'm not saying that running away is a bad way, but it's a common knowledge dude.

Anyway, thanks for your help dude.

thekatz

Smash Rookie
Ridley's roar attack does do damage if you get hit by the initial wing flap

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Ridley's roar attack does do damage if you get hit by the initial wing flap
The wind doesn't inflict damage, but if you get caught by his bite during the Roar Attack (I think is a bite, I don't play Boss Battles since 1 month) you can get hurt.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Rayquaza's sweeping "Ball of Electricity" should be referred to as "Shock Wave".

The other version looks like "Draco Meteor", because it explodes when it hits the ground.

"Explosion" might have to be changed to "Focus Blast", because Ray can't learn Explosion, and it's the only other move I found which could fit the animation. >___>;;

[/pokenerd]

I think when you take Slash damage from Ridley's "Roar Attack", you are in fact getting hit by the initial wing stroke. Just call it "Dragon's Wingbeat".

Wizdart

Smash Rookie
i know this may sound hard to believe, but it is actually possible to survive an off wave without dodging. somehow it happened to me on the first one and I survived and went on to kill Tabuu. the third one is easiest to take a hit from because the waves get progressively weaker.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Yes, we already know that there are some other ways. On another thing, if you do it on normal or easy, different story, get hit with any on those waves on higher difficulty, instant death.

Also on another note, the bosses attacks are stronger on SSE than on boss battles, and also have more health.

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
FINNALY!!! After 3 full days trying I did it! I used Charizard but every time I've reached Tabuu I died cause I coudn't hit a Rock Smash on him. :ohwell: So I used Fox. Fox<3

Meta_Ridley89

Smash Rookie
It's now easy and in Intense mode, we shall not forget that more we advance, faster they'll attack and with more power. Just try to see Rayquaza as first boss and 9th boss and you'll see the difference. It's insane. Same with Master Hand (which is harder in Intense Classic) and other bosses. Tabuu isn't so different to me except he's just hard to fight.

I've completed Intense with Samus, Meta Knight and Wolf.

Miszi

Smash Rookie
Wow, this guide is great. Maybe i'll beat boss battles on intense when using it. Also i'm pretty sure that Tabuu's off waves are instant death only in subspace emissary. I may be wrong though.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
No, if you play on intense they are instant death, not as powerful but still instant death.
That's it.

Thanks for keep helping me with this guide (Answering Questions and giving advices).

Unfortunately, I'm very busy and I'm not using SWF frequently lately.

I will start to use the SWF frequently someday in this year.

Thank you very much Dracospawn.

Zeroquest

Smash Rookie
Very nice guide! You've helped me figure out how to avoid some moves that usually get me.

Tabuu's final move, however, gets me EVERY TIME. I ground dodge like crazy, but no dice. And if I focus my ground dodges, I'll miss a beat and die. I really don't like that move.

Thanks for the great guide and awesome job! I really liked the pictures :D

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Very nice guide! You've helped me figure out how to avoid some moves that usually get me.

Tabuu's final move, however, gets me EVERY TIME. I ground dodge like crazy, but no dice. And if I focus my ground dodges, I'll miss a beat and die. I really don't like that move.

Thanks for the great guide and awesome job! I really liked the pictures :D
Thanks for recognize the potential of my guide.

Let me try to help you giving some advices about Tabuu's Final move which is called "Off Waves"...

- Keep your mind relaxed and don't feel pressured during the Ground Dodges. Off Waves is just a common move with a Instant K.O power.

- When you see him preparing his wings to perform the Off Waves, stay on the floor without moving and keep focus on the Waves.

- Fear during the Off Waves = Death. So, If you dodge all the waves successfully, you will laugh a lot because you avoided the Easiest Move to dodge of the Boss Battles.

Good Luck dude.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I still have some problems with Tabuus' chain of light. He gets me somehow despite my air dodging.
I think you have to predict the Chain of Light more times. For example, after any attack of Tabuu, you have to keep in your mind that the next attack can be the Chain of Light.

At Intense Level, Tabuu will always use the Chain of Light no matter when and how it will use.

Ginger_Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to this guide, I got my Galleom Tank trophy. Cheers!

@ Zeroquest, You can learn the precise timing of the RRoD away from the pressure of Boss Battles in Intense mode by doing The Subspace Emissary on Easy. The timing is identical, it's not a OHKO, and you get six lives to build confidence with. Mentality is important - if you panic, you'll mistime a dodge and die. Calm down, and focus on the waves. With TL, you should only face RRoD once, maybe twice, in Boss Battles.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Hey Guys/DracoSpawn,

I 'm thinking to update my guide with new Ideas about how to play Boss Battles with a Stylish Gameplay. That "Stylish Gameplay" is based on a High Risk/High Reward Dodges and Movements and at the same time a funny/PRO style to play Boss Battles.

I will play Boss Battles frequently again to work on this project.

New Ideas about how to play Boss Battles with a Stylish Gameplay. What do you think guys ?

Sorry for my english... I need to practice again. >_>

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Hey Guys,

Beyond my possible "New Project" based on a Stylish/PRO Gameplay, I will update my guide with new explanations about "How to clear Boss Battles with each character" and I will explain tips.

aliens555

Smash Rookie
Nice guide.

"New Project" based on a Stylish/PRO Gameplay and "How to clear Boss Battles with each character" sound like interesting reading. It is fun to know what far better players than me do to ruin bosses' day.
I still have some problems with Tabuus' chain of light. He gets me somehow despite my air dodging.
While waiting for advanced stuff, you can use method I use to deal with whip (Chain of Light) move.
Whip can only come as second attack from start of battle or Eye Laser. Teleports and Explosive Teleports are not counted. So, before Whip is expected, move to either edge of arena and stand there. If Whip comes from side you are on it goes over head and you can attack Tabuu few times (tested with :peach:). If Whip comes from other side, it is too short to reach you. While waiting for Whip, also be ready to deal with Tabuu's other attacks, namely Electrical Shield or Rapid Chop.

Top Bottom