• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bone Collaboration: Effectively Completed by RocketPSIence!

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
So...how were the bones found? I'd like to look at some of the bones for the non-playable characters(Like Assists or Bosses).

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
SmashBox will allow you to view bones for models. Find any node that ends in J (I'm assuming this means joint?). Look under Node Index, and convert to hex.

There you go.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Thanks. :D

I guess I'm going to start with something simple first....like a Waddle Dee.

EDIT:

Alright, while I didn't find any pacs for Waddle Dee, I have looked at Mew.

Mew's Bones:
Kosi - A
Body - B
head_a - C
head_b - D
ear_a - E
ear_b - F
Mew arm_a - 10
Mew arm_b - 11
Mew arm_aa - 12
Mew arm_bb - 13
leg_a - 14
leg_b - 15
leg_c - 16
leg_d - 17
leg_e - 18
leg_aa - 19
leg_bb - 1A
leg_cc - 1B
leg_dd - 1C
leg_ee - 1D
o_a - 1E
o_b - 1F
o_c - 20
o_d - 21
o_e - 22
o_f - 23
o_g - 24
o_h - 25
o_i - 26
o_j - 27

I don't know what o_a-o_j would be. I also don't know what kosi is...I think it might just be a dummy node(if so, then why wasn't it listed as a dummy node like the others?)

My guess is that the o_ is the tail bones...Mew does have a long tail, after all.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone tell me what the bone for yoshi's tongue is? And how to put that into hexadecimal? Would be appreciated.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Ah, thanks. I might have to look at the pac again to see if I missed anything, but I doubt it.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Can anyone tell me what bone of G&W's is the parachute? Thanks.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Just a note, if anyone hasn't said this already (go ahead and flame me if you want if someone has):
I saw that someone put FFFFFFFE as head+shoulders+arms+legs+knees for Falcon.
FFFFFFFE is actually equal to random bone. If you put a graphic on it, it will randomly pick a bone and attach the graphic to it. I know this from working with Lucario, and if the graphic is a similar effect for Falcon, then it's probably universal.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Waddle Dee/Doo would be in Dedede's MotionEtc under Etc. I suspect Yoshi's tongue would be in his MotionEtc if it's not attached to his model.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Just a note, if anyone hasn't said this already (go ahead and flame me if you want if someone has):
I saw that someone put FFFFFFFE as head+shoulders+arms+legs+knees for Falcon.
FFFFFFFE is actually equal to random bone. If you put a graphic on it, it will randomly pick a bone and attach the graphic to it. I know this from working with Lucario, and if the graphic is a similar effect for Falcon, then it's probably universal.
Lol, I posted it first at th big psa thread. =]

I wrote that if you use it on a graphic effect, it appears on EVERY bone of the body, like a coat. Ganon's dark flames, for example.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Hmmm this is strange. When I look at Brawlbox and count starting from 0, all of DK's bones in the second post are off by one. Since in PSA he has some attacks which have bone 0's listed for the collisions, shouldn't the counting start from 0?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm this is strange. When I look at Brawlbox and count starting from 0, all of DK's bones in the second post are off by one. Since in PSA he has some attacks which have bone 0's listed for the collisions, shouldn't the counting start from 0?
What do you mean counting from 0? 0 is the pivot point for all characters.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
What do you mean counting from 0? 0 is the pivot point for all characters.
What I mean is this. When I open his fitmotion.pac and look at one of his attacks like Bair or whatever, it shows all of his bones. If I start counting from TopN (IIRC that's the first one listed) with it being bone 0, I get 1 number lower than what is in the second post. Is it wrong of me to assume TopN is bone 0?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
There's always room for human error. I may have made a mistake... But just check tire node ID I'm the models' .pacs and that'll give you what bone it is.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I found out why I got different numbers. I started counting from the bones in the attack instead of just looking at the fitDK#.pac and looking at the bone index. The bones listed in FitDonkeyMotion/AnimationData(0)/AnmChr(NW4R)/... leave out EyeYellowM for some reason which is bone 1 so all my counts were one less than your numbers.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
I've got a bit of a problem, can anyone help?
So Lucas' Right Hand Bone is 30 in Hex, 48 in Decimal.
So I put in 48 as the bone in PSA 1.3, and it showed up as 72 in PSA. Then, whenever I do the attack, the game freezes. What am I doing wrong?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Uh... triple post? No offense, but you should use edit next time.

I believe that in PSA 1.3, you enter the hex number but it shows you the decimal form.

Not 100% sure though, because I'm not a fan of 1.3.

ChuteTheMessenger

Sorry about that, I wasn't aware there was a rule against it. However, it would be nice if someone could clarify exactly how 1.3 should use these bones

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I believe that if you're inputting the number, you're putting it into hex form (which is listed on here) but when you're reading it off from the main part of PSA, it shows you the decimal form which needs to be changed into hex to compare it to other bones and find what bone it is on the list.

ChuteTheMessenger

I believe that if you're inputting the number, you're putting it into hex form (which is listed on here) but when you're reading it off from the main part of PSA, it shows you the decimal form which needs to be changed into hex to compare it to other bones and find what bone it is on the list.
So, basically, you look on the list and find a bone, which is in hex. Without changing it, you put the value into PSA 1.3. PSA 1.3 then displays it as decimal. Does this seem right?

Edit: But wait, no. In order to attach a hitbox to Lucas' right hand (Bone 30) I had to put in 1E in PSA 1.3 to get it to work.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't seem right. The Collaboration says 30 for the bone, which is already in hex.

1E should be the L3rdNa, which is not the right hand, but is on the left hand, which could make you think it was on the right hand.

I'm not sure, but I think you should put in 30...

Whatever happens, you should go 0.2.1. Just sayin'.

LSDX

Wah!
Would this program work for Master Hand or any other boss charcters?

I'm thinking of a Glover PSA for him, so his thumb would need to be deleted.

ChuteTheMessenger

That doesn't seem right. The Collaboration says 30 for the bone, which is already in hex.

1E should be the L3rdNa, which is not the right hand, but is on the left hand, which could make you think it was on the right hand.

I'm not sure, but I think you should put in 30...

Whatever happens, you should go 0.2.1. Just sayin'.
I would use 0.2.1, as 1.3 corrupted a lot of my projects (NOOOOOO) but I'm unfamiliar with the format that you need to follow to add events to the events list txt. And 1.3 already has a convenient list made by eldiran, so I figured I'd go with that.

And I'll try 30, see what happens

EDIT: Ok, I understand this completely now, I'm an idiot. For clarification, here's a bit of a better explanation for how one should go about using these bones in PSA 1.3

If you're using PSA 1.3, read the list, find the bone you want, and put it AS IS into PSA 1.3. After you click OK, PSA 1.3 will show the bone (which is in hex) as a decimal value. Ignore this and proceed.

If you want to compare a bone of a character you have opened in PSA 1.3 with one already on this list, double click the hitbox, then look at the bone. It will show it in Hex at the Bone/Id parameter, and you can compare it as is with a Bone here.

For Graphic Effects in either 0.2 or 1.3, just read the bone and put it AS IS in PSA, and it will display in Hex as well.

Maybe it'll prevent future confusions if you put this in the OP, .Fade. When I saw that it said, "All of these are in Hexidecimal, if you have PSA 1.3 then you need to convert to decimal" I thought that it meant I had to convert the value from the list to Decimal, and then put that decimal value into PSA. But really all you have to do is put the bone as is.

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Hey, can anyone experiment real quick with peache's dress? I'm making a move where she fires electricity (both graphic wise and hitbox wise) out from her arm and plan to use the dress bones as the base of the attack. I just need to know.

SkirtFLN1
SkirtFLN2
SkirtFLN3
SkirtFLN4
SkirtFLN5

This will really help me with my psa for my first original character :3

Top Bottom