• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bloodstained Shardbinding Maiden- Miriam Support thread (WIP)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Miriam stains the battlefield!
Miriam.png

Who is Miriam?

One of two surviving shardbinders, people who can absorb the crystallised power of demon at the price of slowly turning intro crystal themselves, Miriam finds herself tasked with battling the legions of hell, lead by her old friend Gebel.

Bloodstained carries on the legacy of the Castlevania series with Curse of the Moon being a spiritual successor to Castlevania III and Ritual of the Night following the Metroidvania mould that Symphony of the Night pionieered.

How would she play?
In her two appearances Miriam plays like both the major archetypes of Castlevania games. In Curse of the Moon she was the whip user of the cast whereas in Ritual of the Night she channels Alucard and Soma Cruz's style of using multiple weapons and absorbing the powers of downed foes. So while Simon and Richter represent the classic Belmont games Miriam can take on the more varied approach of the later games. She even gets access to King fu boots meaning her basic attack strings are already covered. Unlike the classic Belmont whip, her usage of them in Ritual is less a long hit box and more an all around "get off me" type attack.

Supporters
Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6
Flik Flik
Lamperouge Lamperouge
KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465
@JDCabrera
Night Gale Night Gale
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
amageish amageish
zferolie zferolie
N Natlo
Chaosmaster8753 Chaosmaster8753
Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
smash puffle smash puffle
Blankiturayman Blankiturayman
CardiganBoy CardiganBoy
Megadoomer Megadoomer
S SSBCandidates
SharkLord SharkLord
Darkerik Darkerik
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
FirestormNeos FirestormNeos

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about making the topic myself, but someone else did it first, as usual lol

Yes, I support Miriam: Obviously there's no chance of it happen for this Fighter Pass, but depending on how well Bloodstained did and will do in the near future (although being one of the most funded video game project on Kickstarter probably helps), I can see a chance in a year or two.

I can't imgine any kind of gimmick she could have neither I think she needs one, as she has a billion of abilities and weapons (in before "anIMe swORdFigHtEr" because of the cover art). I'll post what I had in mind when thinking about making the topic later.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Haha, someone beat me to it.

Bloodstained is amazing and Miriam is a fun character that I'd really like to see in Smash one day assuming the series continues to grow.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Jab

F-Tilt and/or F-Air (except quicker and with shorter range)

D-Tilt

F-Smash

Up-Smash

D-Smash

N-Air

D-Air

Dash Attack

I suppose Specials would be mostly shard attacks, but her Up-Special has to be this

The two poses she does when you hold Up as tauts are no brainer, but I'd like to see the chair thing as the 3rd taunt :)

Also, she could have some moves with inputs like Ryu/Ken/Terry, if only because I love this move

As for the Final Smash, since Sakurai loves to make s**t up in this part, get Zangetsu to come in, do his magic thing and then Miriam finishes off with that Valkirie Sword secret technique I forgot the name.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why the **** nobody told me the second best game of 2019 had a support thread
Well I posted it on the Newcomers thread but we must have missed each other.
I blame timezones and this accursed spherical planet of ours.

Miriam is kind of like a "best of" album of Castlevania protagonists. Mostly Soma, Alucard and Shanoa in terms of gameplay and design but shards of the rest shine through too. Simon and Richter are the best of the Belmonts in Smash so Miriam could bring in those missing elements.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I stopped keeping track of it a few months ago, but when the free Zangetsu DLC is released I hope someone else mentions it in this thread.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what would your picks for the music be?

My number one would be the intro level theme, Voyage of Promise.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Cursed Orphan should've been the boss battle theme.

Since that's been named already, I'd also like to see this:

As well as the 8 bit version of Silent Howling.

Bibliotheca Ex Machina too but I'm not going to be that person that posts a ****load of videos.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well I posted it on the Newcomers thread but we must have missed each other.
I blame timezones and this accursed spherical planet of ours.

Miriam is kind of like a "best of" album of Castlevania protagonists. Mostly Soma, Alucard and Shanoa in terms of gameplay and design but shards of the rest shine through too. Simon and Richter are the best of the Belmonts in Smash so Miriam could bring in those missing elements.
It helps that Iga has been involved with some of the games said protags are from or appeared in. If we can't get Soma, Miriam bringing in a Soul mechanic would be nice.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I know I said I wouldn't post a bunch of videos, but imagine if we got an extended remix of Tamako Death's theme. That **** was Guilty Gear for no reason and I love it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well with the latest round of disconfirmations, it looks like Miriam is one of the few left standing.

And she could fit in with the other theories going about.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well with the latest round of disconfirmations, it looks like Miriam is one of the few left standing.

And she could fit in with the other theories going about.
Funnily enough, she actually does stand a chance since Curse of the Moon was released during the base game's delay, so she has two titles to work with (something poor Shovel Knight took ages to get).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Funnily enough, she actually does stand a chance since Curse of the Moon was released during the base game's delay, so she has two titles to work with (something poor Shovel Knight took ages to get).
Technically Shovel Knight has 3 games worth of material currently out with another two coming and a spin-off after that.

Though it still makes me laugh how AAA companies are charging more for less game with the excuse that development is harder and more expensive whereas indie games are like "Woops, we forgot to stop making the expansion so not it's a new game". See also, Hollow Knight's Hornet story becoming the sequel.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Honestly it's a bummer that Bloodstained didn't get nominated for anything but it's to be expected when the only indie category is for studio's first games.

amageish

Smash Master
Hello! I'm late on the train, but have started playing Bloodstained and am enjoying it. Most of the discourse I had heard about it was about the Switch version's technical problems, so I was going in with fairly nonexistent expectations and am very impressed by it. Put me down as a supporter!

zferolie

Smash Hero
So, finally been playing Bloodstained, even though I was a backer. I wanted to wait till the switch version got better. I still got some freezes and crashes but nothing to stop me from enjoying the game.

I am just about at the end and I am SUPER OP right now. I have 2 set ups I use, but the super OP one where I am not even getting damaged by bosses and I kill them so fast, is me using the 32 bit gun with unlimited Diamond Ammo, the Were wolf shield, and the Rocker girl. That combo lets me just melt bosses and take no damage. Then I have that lightning attack that chains lighting all over the screen and through walls for nice fast clear.

All in all, I love being so OP and enemy skill using is my favorite thing in all of video games. Though I wonder if they could use it in any way in smash if she got added. It would be hard for her to gain shards while fighting to change up her play style. I assume it would be nust to have a different shard for every character, but maybe each of her B moves, and/or a few smashes, have 2-3 variations depending on shards she gets from enemies, and the shard you get is tied to like 3-4 different characters. For example, maybe a shard that changes her side B to spawn mulple bowns are from the 3 links or something. It could be cool, but very complex I think

As for her chances and my want. I would love her to be in. Though her only chance of getting in is how close Sakurai and Igarashi are. Its too new I think to get in unless there is another game coming, and Sakurai wants to be a best bud to Igarashi. Do we know if the 2 are close?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The game did well on quite a few Game of the Year lists.

The Metroidvania one that is, not the classic-vania one.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm playing through Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night right now, and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm at the underground desert, and I'm about 60% of the way through the game if the enemy list and map percentage are any indication.

I don't know how likely Miriam is, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing her in Smash. I'm not sure what would be considered her default weapon, but she's definitely got a lot of potential between her shards, weapons, and summons.

EDIT: I beat the game with 100% map completion, a complete bestiary, and all of the side quests finished! Also, there's a patch out for the Switch version - I'm assuming it's an update to improve performance.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The Zangetsu update was mentioned in the blog post for the latest switch update so hopefully it'll be here soon.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
So I basically just hang out in the KOS-MOS thread, but I'm not letting another of my picks go by without supporting them like Byleth did. Add me to the list.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
This seems like an interesting unexpected addition if she somehow got in. Would be something to see a character from a Kickstarter successor in the same game as the protagonists of the game hers was inspired by.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
On the understanding that she is unlikely, I figured I'd do some theory crafting to help assess what she could bring to the table.

Spirits: Gebel, Zangetsu, Anna, Dominique, Johannes, Alfred and Gremory are all obvious picks. I suspect a few more would be ideal, but those are the notable characters from the game.

Stage: Cocytus is probably the best choice, being a plot relevant area that isn't basically Dracula's Castle with Bloodstained cameos instead. The Galleon Minerva is also a decent choice for similar reasons.

Moveset: I'm not going to make a comprehensive moveset, but I imagine her basic attacks could be weapon attacks (I'd probably only use a sword for her neutral attack), her Smash attacks could be close range shard attacks, and her specials could be shards associated with the various boss demons, a Vepar tentacle slap, a Velak fire breath, a reflector ray and some Craftwork grab or Glutton train punch. ((Other options I can think of are more subtle or well, a whole bunch of blood is involved.))

Music: Game has plenty of good music but I'm a terrible music person, so someone else would have to comment on this.

Edit: Admittedly not much, but I figured I'd start a conversation.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Well as a big Soma Cruz fanboy -though he's a very improbable choice for Smash- i support! Miriam takes the best of Igavania protagonists like Shanoa, Soma, Alucard, etc, while also standing on her own, and can make for an original moveset, plus Bloodstained is so good i definitely want see more of it in the future.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In case anyone missed it, Bloodstained is getting an update today on every console but the Switch, which will include Zangetsu as a playable character and a randomizer mode.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2827912

The Switch version's update will come out sometime later this month or early June, which is unfortunate for me since I only have the Switch version. Still, the randomizer looks interesting (I want to try a run where crafting materials are completely random), and I'm looking forward to Zangetsu and whoever the third playable character is. (not sure if it will be Gebel, Alfred, or the true final boss)

Also, sign me up as a supporter.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's been well over twenty four hours since my last post here, so I figure it's worth mentioning that the Zangetsu/randomizer update for the Switch version of Bloodstained came out a few days ago. My first attempt at randomizer resulted in an unwinnable scenario as far as I can tell (I got the Reflect Ray, but since I don't have the Craftwork shard or the ability to swim, I can't make any further progress), but I found out that these are in the game:

https://i.imgur.com/g5wFSKl_d.webp?...-hD26mJzFIvdYg2rCIvkDasTNb_0T19ZGu6R6TNREHEmg
https://i.imgur.com/uFiphXG_d.webp?...H3lh3nd7m-20CMUbAOUU9VucMiCYFm_BknkHqjIh6lSXs

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I was not even sure if to make this support thread as I am not popular here, but sure! Count me in as a supporter! I doubt she has chances but I am OK.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How's everyone enjoying the Zangetsu and randomizer update?

Top Bottom