• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

Developer: Arc System Works​
Publisher: Arc System Works, Aksys Games
Platform: PS3
Genre: 2D Fighting
Release date: October 24, 2013 (Japan), ??? (other regions)

- PSN Tags and IDs -

Username
PSN

aisight
aisight
Pacific Southwest USA

Crusayer
Crusayer
West Coast Canada

GigaBowserXyZ
Nokonoko_Koopa

JacopeX
JPN_JacopeX

Jam Stunna
JamStunna
Northeast USA

LivewiresXe
L-W-X
Eastern Canada

Lythium
Gaudeo
Atlantic Canada

Minato
Rhapzody_
SoCal

Raziek
Raziek_
Atlantic Canada

Rutger
RutgerFE6
Southeast USA

Smooth Criminal
Alibi_of_Tyrants
Southeast USA

Spelt
Spelol
Southwest USA

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm excited for Blazblue. I'm going to preorder sometime next week too.

Characters I'm looking forward to playing as are Rachel and V-13.
I'll be getting it for PS3.

Mith_

Smash Champion
**** smash.
i will hopefully be playing noel if i hopefully get this if i hopefully get a 360.

Skrah

Smash Ace
So do you guys think I'd like this game? I seriously don't like fighters, apart from smash, but I'm going through this phase were I want to try everything I haven't tried before.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
this games pretty cool
if you want it you should preorder it now
the limited edition comes with a Bluray Disc with combos and stuff, the soundtrack with 19 more tracks than the japanese soundtrack, and an artbook, its a gamestop only offer
i can only play it at my arcade
i dont own any new gen system lol
i'll be getting a ps3 soon hopefully

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
This game looks awesome. Only fighter apart from Smash that actually gets my attention. It also has the most original character I've ever seen in fighters.
Fun fact:
Smash isn't considered a fighting game to almost every other fighting game community.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Here are some features that it will have:

Online play
Spectate matches in lobby
Record matches
Dual Language (for those who care)
New OP sung by KOTOKO different from arcade

K64

Smash Apprentice
BlazBlue discourages turtling. I tend to block alot so it means a strategy change.

Superstar

Smash Champion
^^ So did Guilty Gear.

I wish I could get it, but my main system is a PC, my backup being a Wii I never touch. I'm not going to buy a 360 or a PS3 for one game, and I'm not getting other games because since almost every single 360 and PS3 game [save the exclusive] has a PC port. That, and I prefer the PC control style for FPSs and I get higher framerates than the console. Also, my TV is standard definition compared to my HD monitor.

So I'll sit out. Weeeeeeee.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
If you enjoyed any of the Guilty Gears. If you don't mind a fast paced fighter more focused on offense then you'll like this. Even then, this is a gorgeous game. See it in action once and you may even want it just for that haha.

This, SF4, the new KOF, Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus, MvC2 rereleased... good year for fighters.

nevershootme

Smash Master
so I was playing it on wednesday in the Nexus in boynton beach (The only blazblue cabinet in FL unless otherwise), and god**** the arcade feels sexy with HD sprites (even the controls)

So far I'm liking it, definitely picking it up on 360 and gonna use Noel and Rachel, at first I had thought of Carl, but his learning curve is nuts from my minor playtime (since i was focusing on noel more). I feel that noel seems to be noob friendly since her moveset is basic to understand, but her strings (never studied them yet) shouldn't be too bad to learn. even controlling her drive is just mashing random stuff and u don't know it (but there's a proper way to string them)

Carl is actually a tough character to learn since using his drive require buffer inputs to initiate it's attack (like double tapping the D button). even performing the combos is ridiculous. but if u want to see a good carl player from japan, check this clip. in fact, watch any matches with DIO in it to understand carl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q9nAYXKsO8

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Meh, I dunno. Having played Guilty Gear since forever, I just haven't seen (yet) what this has to offer that GG doesn't. Like, what does it bring to the table that's new besides characters. It looks slower paced, for one. And one of the characters, I dunno his name but he's like a big dude in heavy armor, even has some of the same moves as Potemkin... so I'm kind of worried about the originality of Blazblue. I dunno, though, guess I'll hafta see.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Meh, I dunno. Having played Guilty Gear since forever, I just haven't seen (yet) what this has to offer that GG doesn't. Like, what does it bring to the table that's new besides characters. It looks slower paced, for one. And one of the characters, I dunno his name but he's like a big dude in heavy armor, even has some of the same moves as Potemkin... so I'm kind of worried about the originality of Blazblue. I dunno, though, guess I'll hafta see.
Iron Tager is pretty much the Potemkin of BB. pretty painful when u get caught from his grabs.

Keep in mind this is a new franchise and depending how well received it is in america and beyond, you know they're gonna throw in revisions in the long run.

I enjoy the mechanics in BB than GG for it's simplicity in controls since i prefer games that consist of just L, M, H attack strings, meaning i played melty blood and bleach ds enough to enjoy that format, it's not even everyone's taste, but it's to each their own

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I am so excited for this game. my early HS years were filled with Guilty Gear X & XX, which i fell out of. i just reserved it today. I have to say Noel and V-13 are both looking good.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
junglefever!! YES!!

Rockin and I are both getting Blazblue and playing Taokaka, fyi. Get the game and we can play bud!!

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Pre ordered it, another FG for the summer. Arakune and Bang all the way, hope to play you guys online.

I have a feeling this will be huge.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm hoping that online play will be a smooth experience.
I wouldn't want the game to get too laggy.

I'm probably still going to stick with Rachel as a main with some V-13 on the side, so my view on those characters haven't really changed. I guess I'll figure it out once the game's released.
Which reminds me, I still need to preorder this game since I had to move last month.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Screw me not having a PS3 or an XBox. My PC is great for FPS games, better controls, FPS, and simpler startup cause I'm lazy, but for fighters I'm clean out of luck.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Screw me not having a PS3 or an XBox. My PC is great for FPS games, better controls, FPS, and simpler startup cause I'm lazy, but for fighters I'm clean out of luck.
u live in miami and alotta players down here are gonna have the game and have tourneys for it

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
lol future Clan ( regional crews ) were being discussed on Dustloop

south ftw lol :B

I heard this game is still TBA for Europe :(

guess I should try and get to play it on arcade then :(
If you have a ps3 it is region free, so it'll work on it <3

edit - double post, i know, I am at work though with no mouse so fixing this **** is to much right now. warn me or whatever

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
BlazBlue Thread? On my Smashboards?

no wai

I'll be getting this for PS3. I'll be playing the Sol reject (Ragna) before I try anybody else.

yessss

Smooth Criminal

Top Bottom