• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I'm honestly considering picking up Amane for a while cause he's the lowest tier now and I like to support the underdog characters.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
According to EventHubs, Bullet is now the second best character in the game, right below Makoto.
This is the only source I can find that involves Bullet "jumping up quite a few tiers".

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
She has somewhat better pressure and ability to cut through projectile-based zoning, along with being able to just close out rounds on a whim more quickly.
Neutral, damage, and defense are still about the same as before, though.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Man, bump.

So yeah, I play. Chronophantasma on PS3, got the American version for LE despite being in England.

Main Ragna, but am trying to learn Hazama again. Mained Hazama in CS (II was the patch, I believe) but he changed, hard. Anyway, I'm pretty bad. Do have the Platinum, though.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
It's a lot easier in CP than it is in the other two. CS is a pain with all the CHALLENGES (Only trophy I never got other than online ones was Mint Condition) and... I didn't even try, in CT~

Damn, it was satisfying, though. Standing atop the latest member of the Azrael Army, fallen at my Ragna's feet, and hearing "gling!" twice as I reached 11th Dan and the Platinum unlocked.

I'd try to 100% CS if not for the challenges, and CT if CT wasn't so damn unbalanced and if its online trophies weren't in outer bloody space. Seriously, that stuff looks difficult!

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think I'm close to getting a Platinum on BBCP. The one thing that makes it a lot easier is that you don't need to complete anything as difficult as old Score Attack in this game. Beating 10 characters in Unlimited Mars was a lot less stressful.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Hey does anyone know if there's a version of the Black Onslaught song without the vocals?

Ragna22

Smash Ace
That was pretty goofy and I liked it.

Anyway if what I'm looking for doesn't exist that's fine, nothing against the vocals of Black Onslaught I just can't take the singing seriously., cause I swear sometimes the guy sounds like Wolverine.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
it's ok it'll die again pretty much immediately anyway

Also, super hyped for CPEX. Litchi looks like so much fun. They fixed a lot of the issues I had with her in 1.1

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm passing on buying this. It'll be the first BB I'll actually pass on. I might buy it in the future for story purposes and having an English copy, but I won't be getting it for competitive play.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm outtie on this version. Terumi's currently in the garbage bin and they're charging a full $60 for a balance patch + 2 characters.

See you on the next patch maybe.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm back in CTEX and prefer to stay there.

Kokonoe forever ruined CP for me. I don't care if she was balanced later, but it just ruined that entry for myself because of DLC. That, and what Raziek said.

Last edited:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I find it funny when people who have played previous versions of BB say Koko ruined CP, haha.

Like BB hasn't been chock-full of dumb stuff previously, come on now.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I find it funny when people who have played previous versions of BB say Koko ruined CP, haha.

Like BB hasn't been chock-full of dumb stuff previously, come on now.
It certainly has. Arakune CT comes to mind, as does Bang CS.

Kokonoe was truly something else. She may have been eventually balanced, but a DLC character being that obscene out of the gate was what broke me.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't think I'll be getting Extend anytime soon. I'm happy with other fighting games right now.

Were any of the other characters ever banned from tournaments?
Well, CT Nu was such a force that she was one of the reasons why the community decided to turn down a spot at Evo in favor of just waiting for the next game to come out...

Had the 1.1 patch not been out in time for Evo, I doubt the community would have turned down the chance at Evo again, even if Kokonoe was left unbanned.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Were any of the other characters ever banned from tournaments?
Kokonoe was never banned at any majors. The only well-known tourney she got banned from was the Rebel Up series in Socal because one of the people that sort of has leverage was being a whiny little *****. Even said he was going to easily win with her one time since she takes so little effort. Ended up failing and going back to his main.

All this did was screw Socal over in learning the matchup.
I don't think I'll be getting Extend anytime soon. I'm happy with other fighting games right now.

Well, CT Nu was such a force that she was one of the reasons why the community decided to turn down a spot at Evo in favor of just waiting for the next game to come out...

Had the 1.1 patch not been out in time for Evo, I doubt the community would have turned down the chance at Evo again, even if Kokonoe was left unbanned.
That's not true either. CT didn't make it in 2009 mostly because it came out weeks before Evo. The year you're talking about for 2010 was because CS1 came out the month of Evo in Japan on consoles (while US release was at the end of July). Anyone that cared competitively already moved onto CS1, so the community said that BBCT should give their slot to someone else.

Nu isn't anything like Kokonoe. She wasn't the best, and she actually had some even and bad matchups.

As far as broken DLC characters go outside of Kokonoe, it's Valk for sure. The biggest reasons that he was held back was that Japan never bothered with console stuff around that time like they do now, US was awful at labbing during that time, and I think I recall some tourneys not using DLC characters.

Kokonoe never stopped me from playing BB, but Valk actually made me quit BB competitively until BBCP rolled around.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Holy revival posts, Batman.

I remember hearing things about Valk being really bad...er, good, when he first came out but I was still new enough to Blazblue at the time (I wasn't even fully Noel-committed yet back then to give an idea) that I figured I was just super-bad.

I'm thinking I'll get CPX still yeah, but I'll probably wait until the English version hits for it. Getting the import version of CP left me forgetting to get the English version later.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
People thought Valk was bad for, like, one week. And then they figured out wolf mixups. That stuff is dirty.

Anyway, I think CPEX looks somewhat bland from what I've seen of it, so I may pick up a new char to keep me interested.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Maybe I should just throw people for a loop and sub Tager in it. Then again I never got the hang of 360s, so it's different from using Pot for fun in Xrd.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well, considering a 360 isn't a full 360 in most games including BBCP and 412369 is valid, I'm pretty sure it actually is simpler...

Top Bottom