• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It will feel a lot more like KOF
I really doubt that, considering the games are completely different.

Long combos suck ****, lol. They're a big reason why Skullgirls isn't popular.

I welcome the new changes. Maybe there won't be so many time outs now.
Time outs are soooo CS1.

And Skullgirls isn't popular because they changed the way the entire combo system works two weeks into the game, and no one could be bothered to relearn everything. GGs, new IPS.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Was it seriously only 2 weeks in? Huh....go figure. I'm still trying to remember if we're going to have 2 Bursts still potentially, or if it's going to be like GG or Persona where you just have 1 at a time.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
why did they take mu and lambda out =(
Continuity (which pretty ironic, considering it's Blazblue), but yeah, I'll miss her as my just-for-fun secondary...
I guess I'll have to keep up with my Platinum.
i want to play bullet, but i'd hate myself for it
I am actually very intrigued by her, sounds like an interesting design; I may use her for a while.

I really doubt that, considering the games are completely different.
I meant OLD KOF (2003 and back), they are the ones I'm more used to watch as they are the most common ones in arcades here...
But yeah, they still are very different...

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
*turns on Extend to quickly test for random room disbands*

*game feels so slow now*

I happily welcome any combo speed improvements in BBCP. Persona level would be great.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I actually went back to Extend for a bit. Yeah, it did feel slow. It's mostly the hitstop that's annoying for me.
Oh well, I learned a Noel SMP combo just for fun while I was at it.

Other than that, I think I'll try and play BB every now and then just to learn characters I haven't put time into yet before CP's out.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I set my L2 and R2 as my Burst and Cancel, I usually set my R1 for grab.
I have my (going by stick) Top 2 "shoulder buttons" as Barrier/Rapid Cancel respectively, and my Bottom 2 ones as Throw/Burst. Rest is the typical Square = A, Triangle = B, O = C, and X = D layout thing.

So pretty much (from left to right) Top 4 buttons: A, B, Barrier, RC
Bottom 4 buttons: D, C, Throw, Burst

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That is a weird layout...

What is even going on, why is D before C? Why is there a barrier button when A and B are next to it?

:054:

Well that's just silly. Don't most Arcsys/Blazblue players set their P4U buttons to BB layout?
I use the default for any fighting game.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Having eight buttons makes you react way slower you know. Four buttons means you have easy access to all of your tools. I can't imagine throw teching like that consistently.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
That is a weird layout...

What is even going on, why is D before C? Why is there a barrier button when A and B are next to it?

:054:

I use the default for any fighting game.

But...isn't D's default X? Like...I don't recall changing the default 4 buttons for setups...

Ah hell, I'll try to explain.

Barrier is after A and B because it's ideally to let me go from throwing a few jabs out or short combo parts to having a Barrier to cover my escape.

With Throw, I admit that I initially set it up WAAAY back in the days when the Noel 6C>Throw Whiff>6C combo parts were seemingly commonplace. Having it directly next to C meant that going from the 6C to the B+C button was easy. I just got used to it after a while and didn't change it.

Burst is set in the bottom right corner because that way it's not something my hand would slip to and do accidentally, making it so that the only way I'd Burst would be if I decided I needed to.

As for Rapid Cancel? Well...Top left was just the only shoulder button left, so that was by default, lol.

I dunno, it made sense at the time, and going clockwise circle-like from weakest to strongest seemed rational. Plus, it made more sense to make it so you can just press 1 button instead of 3 or 4.

You and Rutger are just being silly, Lythi. :bee:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
But...isn't D's default X? Like...I don't recall changing the default 4 buttons for setups...
There are two different arcade layouts

B C D
A

A B C
D

I use the first one. I had taunt next to A since you can't really have it at the same arcade spot and it seemed best for CS1 Tao imo.

I dunno, it made sense at the time, and going clockwise circle-like from weakest to strongest seemed rational. Plus, it made more sense to make it so you can just press 1 button instead of 3 or 4.
Okay, whatever works I guess. I like to move my fingers to different buttons as little as possible, so I'll take button combos over moving my hand to the furthest buttons.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I still think that many buttons is a hindrance and less effective on a stick. Especially on throw teching.

And I use that second layout, the Melty layout.
I am a Rachel main so my ring finger for wind would feel odd, so the GG layout was a no.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I guess my issue is whenever I simultaneously press 3 or 4 buttons at once I have a nasty tendency to only press a couple of them the same amount and sort of just half press one or two. Especially whatever one my pinkie finger's supposed to be doing. Sometimes my uh, ring finger (? always get that and index mixed up) will slip off. Though, I'm sure I could learn to fix that, which is partly why in P4A, I haven't changed the button loadout or added button shortcuts to my stick for that. You know, figure I'll see if I can work it that way instead of what I normally do.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Oh, the name changes regionally? I learned something today...
By the way, I'm loving Noel's new outfit and Hazama's new skills. SPAMIN' TIMEH.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No, the name doesn't change.

In CT, there were input shortcuts. In CS1, you had beginner mode. In CS2 and onward, they changed the name from beginner mode to stylish mode.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I use the

BCD
A

Layout with Taunt at the bottom right... waaaay out of reach so I only do it if I know something really awesome is going down.

Lyth's new avy is awesome

Top Bottom