• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hm...there being only 1 "?" kinda knocks out my Montreal friends' theory that they just haven't revealed all of the characters in the game yet. But yeah, I can kind of see the Grimoire comparison now that you mention it.
Maybe it's a real slot for random this time instead of just moving your cursor to the center.
If not, I guess it might be the arcade boss they've yet to reveal.
I find it hard to believe they'd actually alienate all the lambda / mu players when the roster isn't massive or something.
Yeah, but it wouldn't be the first time ArcSys or any fighter would do this because of story.
Also, isn't Nu hinted at being back?
Yeah, it's well, not like they're going SFIV>SSFIV>AE or MVC3>UMVC3 with it. And last I checked, this WAS supposed to be the complete and full sequel as opposed to an Extend or CS2 style thing.
Which is why I'm excited for this one. Even CS1 didn't feel that fresh, and Extend felt kind of bland.
Yeah, CS added gold bursts and guard primers, but I didn't exactly like them. They were better than CT's burst though. lol

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, Nu's hinted at being back. I think in the last flash of the trailer before it goes black, you see Nu's symbol thing. Plus, in the CS ending bit, they were talking about how Nu could seemingly regenerate/revive herself on will.

There were actually a few flash frame hints of Kokonoe in the trailer too.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seems like combos in general are harder. People don't float as high/fall faster. I think hitstun/hitstop work differently too, don't know how exactly but it just looks odd.

If most of these changes stick this is going to be a very, very different game.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seems like combos in general are harder. People don't float as high/fall faster. I think hitstun/hitstop work differently too, don't know how exactly but it just looks odd.

If most of these changes stick this is going to be a very, very different game.
We'll see. I've been burned by "Loketest fever" before. I remember in CS2 and then later in Extend there were all these loketest changes that were just "OMG NO" that never ever made it into the real game.

I wouldn't be so fast to claim that combos are harder considering people are making them up on the spot after a day at this point. They could also be trying to push it back to CT pacing, which though different wouldn't be too hard to adjust to.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well obviously there will be new combos but that's not really what I'm talking about. :dizzy:

Like in one of the hazama videos, he does the standard 236236b > dash 214d~c > 6c but it seems like they fall much faster after the 214d~c and there's not as much time to hit with 6c as before.

Yeah it could end up changing in the final version but at this point anything we say would just be speculation so... :p

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I know what you mean. It's just hard to say for certain how different it will or won't be. Or even if that's just character specific changes to the moves we see. Fallspeed overall might just have been racheted up a tad.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Apparently they're already changing stuff for the loketest? I wonder if this'll be the only one...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I hope adding Nu-13 is in those changes

It's possible certainly since Nu's symbol was in the trailer. My guess would be any additional characters added would be Nu and Kokonoe, with Mu as some bonus content you'd get for beating Arcade. Well, potentially Mu AND Nu.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm pretty eager to just move on from Extend to BBCP now. I thought I would've liked Extend but I don't know.
I'm definitely going to keep using Rachel, and I'm happy she got a cool new move. Other than that, I'll use Noel and Tsubaki. As for the new characters, I'm liking Azrael and Amane.
They do that. A lot.
Spelt's probably wondering if they're going to have another build so soon. It's only been a few days.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Went to the loketest in Akihabara. Played a couple of matches and it looks like Ragna is rebalanced. Dead Spike goes across the screen somewhat now but it's not as high. Still wtf. And he uses his scythe as an overhead if I recall correctly. Seems like a combo ender. But overall? Slightly nerfed. Can't link 6C into a mid screen combo anymore. And throw doesn't wall bounce. Can still combo from it though.

Excited to see what's up! His priority is still good but the range is nerfed I think.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Went to the loketest in Akihabara. Played a couple of matches and it looks like Ragna is rebalanced. Dead Spike goes across the screen somewhat now but it's not as high. Still wtf. And he uses his scythe as an overhead if I recall correctly. Seems like a combo ender. But overall? Slightly nerfed. Can't link 6C into a mid screen combo anymore. And throw doesn't wall bounce. Can still combo from it though.

Excited to see what's up! His priority is still good but the range is nerfed I think.

Holy crap, I totally forgot that you were still in Japan, Kuraudo. The coolness factor still there? I know the geek in me would have made sure to go see a Japanese game show and watch some Puroresu over there.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

Coolest. Thing. Ever.

I hope you had super crazy fun you lucky devil.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Tournament today as a send off! TAGERS EVERYWHERE.

And I will always hate him as much as the intensity of a thousand black beasts.

/salt

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So... Do Nishiki, Bullet or Azrael fall for any character archetype? (zoning, poking, grappler, etc)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Amane is probably zoning mostly and maybe a bit of rushdown with the drills, bullets a grappler apparently, and azrael is most likely rushdown.

Can't really say for certain yet but that's what seems most likely right now.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...-Hype-Thread&p=1375713&viewfull=1#post1375713
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...-Hype-Thread&p=1375720&viewfull=1#post1375720

So I think Mori basically confirmed Saya being a console exclusive boss character here.

Also I think it's safe to say Mu and Lambda are officially gone. :(

Though he DID kind of imply multiple boss characters, didn't he? So...it's possible for say, Nu to be back since there's supposedly 3 storylines that will join into 1 at some point.

Also, I'm not sure whether to be a bit annoyed or laugh at him being mean and semi-trolling when mentioning Kokonoe.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Well, Valkenhayn said she would be the one to save the franchise when the time comes right...
Not sure if Aksys will be serious for that one...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

So,... no more "50 Heat the Game, starring Inferno Divider"? Thank god.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Though he DID kind of imply multiple boss characters, didn't he? So...it's possible for say, Nu to be back since there's supposedly 3 storylines that will join into 1 at some point.

Also, I'm not sure whether to be a bit annoyed or laugh at him being mean and semi-trolling when mentioning Kokonoe.
There's only one unreleased boss character. So either Saya is the boss in all the storylines or it's people like hazama/relius or something.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...-Hype-Thread&p=1375929&viewfull=1#post1375929

Entire interview if anyone wants to read it without having to wade through that thread.
He gives out a surprising amount of information.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oh my god, the hype is higher than ever.

The story is focusing on the six heroes, Sector Seven will have a much larger role (squeeeee Kokonoe), and the series is no longer a trilogy!

I'm calling Kokonoe as the secret boss character with no Saya character.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Man it's still going?

I'm just gonna drop out then Lol.

Or rather, lets settle it in P4A lyth :D

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
**** BB, let's settle it P4A style. Yes, I'm serious. :3c

Information from the interview with Mori:

Here’s a rundown:

-Japanese arcade release confirmed for Winter 2012.
-Game will be at TGS in September.
-There will be another loketest, but a date has not been decided on.
-Still no mention of an Xbox release.

-There will only be 3 story modes + a True Ending. You switch between several characters throughout each story as opposed to just playing as one throughout and all three stories are interconnected.
-Each story has a different boss.
-Bullet is based off of a beta design for Tager. Her drive is what Tager’s was originally going to be.
-Amane was Tomokazu Sugita’s (Ragna’s JP VA) idea.
-Amane plays some sort of role in Rachel’s plans.
-The Six Heroes and Sector Seven are both central parts of the plot. The Six Heroes subplot will be concluded in this game.
-Arakune speaks in coherent sentences now.
-Bullet and Azrael were both specifically created to have a major impact on the plot.
-Azrael was created as a character that actually has a reason to be fighting the entire cast.
-Azrael has a “deep relation” with both Tager and Kokonoe.
-Bang will play an extremely important role in the story.
-Chronofantasma means “the illusion of time.”
-CP was originally intended to be the last game in the series, but they’re having trouble wrapping up the plot and he mentioned that it probably won’t be.

-Mu and Lambda are confirmed to not be playable… but he did mention that both would be in story mode…
-There is a currently-unannounced boss character.
-Of the three new characters, Amane is the most difficult to play. Bullet is the easiest.
-Amane’s drill do lots of chip damage. (Mori mentioned that Amane cares more about dealing chip than anyone else.) He also cares more about hit-confirms than other characters.
-Azrael is slow and while his gameplay is intended to revolve around his Drive, he can still fight well without it. Mori compared him to Hakumen in terms of gameplay.
-Bullet’s Drive throws are strike throws. (IE, they’re blockable grabs that can be comboed into ala KoF)
-Overdrive is intended to be the offensive equivalent to Bursts. He noted that matches tend to end quickly once someone activates OD.
-Devoured By Darkness isn’t the only super move that’s better in Overdrive…
-Noel has a new Astral.
-Combos are shorter in this one as per fan request. Fans also complained that the game was too slow, so matches are supposed to be faster now.
-He dropped a hint (and nothing more) that Saya might be playable in the console version. This is not a confirmation!
-Some characters have been given more drastic changes than others. As an example, he mentioned that Ragna is mostly intact from Extend, but Jin and Arakune have both received extensive changes.
-On that note, he mentioned that they’re trying to limit Arakune’s Curse more.
-Stylish Mode is being reworked. He specifically mentioned P4U here…

-The old characters all had their themes remixed. He noted that MOTOR HEAD, for instance, has a totally different feel to it.
-All voice clips have been rerecorded.
-There are currently about 12 stages. The only stage from previous games is Rachel’s.
-Jin does not have a new outfit because he’s not the kind of character who cares too much about what he’s wearing.

-The console version will have a CS-like tutorial and an Abyss-like mode. Other features are still in the planning stages.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Aww....I liked Noels old Astral. It was so quick and easy to pull off (even though mention of this reminded me that I just never installed Extend I don't think, lol).

And the only stage from the other games left is Rachel's? Crap...that means no Kaka Village for me to pass the time by counting kittens in the background during parts where matches get slow. :c

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks, Lyth! :bee:

I hope the next loketest has the powered up supers in OD.

Top Bottom