• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
No I did. You're implying a hell of a lot for one simple sentence. Arguments aren't based off of implications AKA assumptions, which is what you're *****ing at for me in the first place.

I think, maybe, you should probably reevaluate your point before you continue because it's obvious you have no idea what you're even saying.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Okay, so you admit that this:

You just outright stated you don't even play this game.
was a meaningless remark? I mean, you're obviously using it to discredit me, but when I confront you with the only possible way it could be discrediting (through that very implication), you chicken out and don't even respond to it.

How about telling me how this post:
You just outright stated you don't even play this game.
was even an argument in the first place? Because if it wasn't, then we're arguing over a debate you already lost at that very post.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't need to discredit you. You're doing a fantastic job at it yourself.

Now, can we get back to talking about blazblue?
If you want to try to converse with me about how my apprehensions for the overdrive feature might be unfounded (which was what got you all riled up in the first place so it would do more good than complaining about me assuming things) then by all means, go ahead.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hahahaha. Strawmanning, great.

Have fun in your own little world, Spelt!

"Your opinion is baseless!"
"BUT YOU DON'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME AT THIS POINT IN TIME!"
"okay..."
"YOU'RE DISCREDITING YOURSELF"

welp

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Faster recharge on wind could be good if that means when her wind recharges is sped up as well.

If not, well, it is a pretty bad overdrive indeed.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just hope it recharges fast enough to where we're able to use extra wind stocks in combos. That would definitely be very useful. We might end up with an entirely different combo list which are only applicable during overdrive which would be fun.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Overdrives don't sound all that bad. They're basically making Installs more viable.
Considering something like this a comeback mechanic is taking the term a little too liberally. Something that puts you in an advantageous position isn't the same thing as something literally giving you the advantage like x factor does. :/

Burst/counter assaults reset the position to neutral, so they're not even giving anyone an advantageous position.
It's true, my idea on comeback mechanics is pretty lenient and not strict at all.
This is probably because of the games I've played and grew up with though.

As for Bursts and CAs, ArcSys has done a better job on punishing people for using it after each game. However, I feel that they don't always put you in a neutral position. I'm never afraid to use a defensive burst or CA to get them back into corner or even waste a 100 heat by RCing a CA to kill.

Defensive Bursts and CAs definitely do have their drawbacks by punishing you. But with the removal of guard primers in BBCP, I'm curious if they'll still have a penalty.

But yeah, these hardly qualify as comeback mechanics (besides getting a free burst for losing, and also gold bursts, imo).
But this is also why I think people don't find spectating BB exciting at the same time.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Overdrives don't sound all that bad. They're basically making Installs more viable.

It's true, my idea on comeback mechanics is pretty lenient and not strict at all.
This is probably because of the games I've played and grew up with though.

As for Bursts and CAs, ArcSys has done a better job on punishing people for using it after each game. However, I feel that they don't always put you in a neutral position. I'm never afraid to use a defensive burst or CA to get them back into corner or even waste a 100 heat by RCing a CA to kill.

Defensive Bursts and CAs definitely do have their drawbacks by punishing you. But with the removal of guard primers in BBCP, I'm curious if they'll still have a penalty.
Yeah I guess bursting to put someone in the corner would give you an advantageous position, but I think unless it's a counterhit the opponent can usually tech in the air which gives the burster less options for continuing pressure. I think also there's some situations where the person hit by the burst/ca would even come out of it with frame advantage?

And I was also thinking about how guard primer removal would affect counter assaults. Hopefully they find something else to replace the guard primer removal because I felt that was a great addition.

But yeah, these hardly qualify as comeback mechanics (besides getting a free burst for losing, and also gold bursts, imo).
But this is also why I think people don't find spectating BB exciting at the same time.
That's a good point, I didn't even really think about it. Though if we could just make the game more offensive in general that would make it more interesting. Things like tager vs valk/hazama/etc are not helping our case. :urg:

Instant overheads all day erryday
Oh, I just got 300x more excited about it. :bee: Though wind can't regenerate in the air so that might make it a little less viable.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Not really, no.

I'm going to hold off on judging overdrive until I know more about it. It definitely sounds interesting though. I'm more worried about if they can make heat gain a bit higher though without going overboard, because now there will be distortions, RCs, CAs, and crush triggers. And astrals, I guess, but I wasn't really counting those, haha.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So wait....I go to the cottage for 3 days, come back and there's announcements and pictures and stuff for a NEW BLAZBLUE? Is this like Blazblue 3? What's with Noel's new outfit/random other changes? Does Evil Tsubaki play different? Who the hell are Bullet and other guy? Why does Noel have Bolverk? What's Overdrive? And if it IS Blazblue 3 and the sequel to CS, where the HELL is Kokonoe?

I uh....have more questions than you could shake a giant stick at and yet I'm not even worried. :bee:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So wait....I go to the cottage for 3 days, come back and there's announcements and pictures and stuff for a NEW BLAZBLUE? Is this like Blazblue 3? What's with Noel's new outfit/random other changes? Does Evil Tsubaki play different? Who the hell are Bullet and other guy? Why does Noel have Bolverk? What's Overdrive? And if it IS Blazblue 3 and the sequel to CS, where the HELL is Kokonoe?

I uh....have more questions than you could shake a giant stick at and yet I'm not even worried. :bee:
They show Kokonoe in those flashes at the end of the trailer, plus the back of her head is in the background of the one where it zooms in on Rachel's face.

Trust me, I'm not going to miss any mention of Kokonoe.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
They show Kokonoe in those flashes at the end of the trailer, plus the back of her head is in the background of the one where it zooms in on Rachel's face.

Trust me, I'm not going to miss any mention of Kokonoe.

Indeed. I actually uh, made my post before I saw the trailer. And yeah, noticed the shotgun thing she had and a couple of new distortions for what looked to be Jin, Bang, Arakune, and Hazama (troll stomping).

Though, in the in-game battle stance here, Noel's 2 Revolvers DO look a good bit like Bolverk. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8atr85ewE1qe8z9do8_250.png

And also, I thought it was impossible for them to have MORE Makoto underboob. Apparently I was wrong. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8atxeq9TO1qe8z9do1_250.png

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Relius gained two new moves.

One might be that awesome giant pocket knife.

The other is apparently scissors that pop out of the ground at set distances depending on the button pressed and hits low?
It's being compared to Eddie's drills.

Those scissors will be amazing if true. :3

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Relius gained two new moves.

One might be that awesome giant pocket knife.

The other is apparently scissors that pop out of the ground at set distances depending on the button pressed and hits low?
It's being compared to Eddie's drills.

Those scissors will be amazing if true. :3

That sounds pretty sweet, actually. Dat Relius Cutman? :smirk:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I find it hard to believe they'd actually alienate all the lambda / mu players when the roster isn't massive or something.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Sorry, going to wait until the more complete BlazBlue comes out first. Not gonna risk another Extend again.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's well, not like they're going SFIV>SSFIV>AE or MVC3>UMVC3 with it. And last I checked, this WAS supposed to be the complete and full sequel as opposed to an Extend or CS2 style thing.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
A shifting game means you never have a chance to advance the metagame very far. It's a big reason Brawl+ never took off.

Top Bottom