• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also the announcer sounds pretty good. I will reserve judgment until I can hear more though.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
i'm super hyped for persona and now this?im gonna go crazy that way.
it a shame that i cant play with lambda in bbcp.i guess i'll have to promote noel to my main.bullet looks very interesting,too.ill definitely play with her too.

and,lythi.you mean tenjo's daughter.

arturefo

Smash Journeyman
edit:i hope youre right.maybe something they didnt revealed or they still will create new murakumos.

a murakumo will get out of that or maybe a gigantic boss like AH3?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Speculation?

This game is obviously a sequel to Chrono Trigger.

Lavos is the final boss.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
That better not be my precious v-13. She's just too precious
I just want her to come back ; n ;

Noel's costume is mad cute and I'm so glad I didn't start working on sewing her other costume for cons cus I want her cape

And Amane
Oh jeez he's like....Bridget meets visual kei meets geisha

:phone:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So, stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/oKApA.png
http://i.imgur.com/Grzb8.png

zephyr07 on the dustloop said:
New:
-No more gold bursts, replaced by new system called overdrive.
-defensive bursts still in though.
- Crush trigger: during certain moves, press A+B to crush your opponents guard. Won't work on barrier guard though, and costs 25% heat

about overdrive:

- it increases your native strength. It fills up over time, then when its full you can activate it.
- at low health it lasts longer, and will freeze time when used
- each chara has their own overdrive
http://i.imgur.com/4DrZf.png
http://i.imgur.com/0AYdM.png
http://i.imgur.com/BSviA.png
http://i.imgur.com/99gBF.png

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'll wait until I know more before calling it bad, I was worried that Awakening in P4A would turn out bad but it worked out fine.

I do like that Gold burst is gone, I didn't like how it worked in BB. Though I would have been fine if they just used P4A's burst system.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Looks like Hazama gained a new stance option, he now has a backdash/dash option out of it.

No clue what it does since I can't read moonrunes, but that's what stuck out to me on his movelist.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It sounds like x-factor to me
It does, but I think that X-Factor could have worked, too bad Capcom made it.

In fact, it being tied to a Burst mechanic is one thing among many things that I would have liked with X-Factor. :/

So yeah, I'll wait and see.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Comeback utilities are just a terrible idea in general imo. I could very well be wrong and it could end up being really cool, but right now i'm not too happy about this addition.

also hazama command dash sounds cool.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I do like that Gold burst is gone, I didn't like how it worked in BB. Though I would have been fine if they just used P4A's burst system.
But the only difference is that P4A's Gold Burst is like GG's and BB's Gold Burst became One More Bursts.
I hated how people gained bursts in BB. I never liked how losing a round grants you a free one.
Overdrive almost sounds like heat to me lol.
You're not the only one lol. It'd be cool if Overdrive was a mix between Heat and Vampire Savior's Dark Forces.
That's pretty much what I wanted Heat to be, just make them like reality marbles.
It does, but I think that X-Factor could have worked, too bad Capcom made it.

In fact, it being tied to a Burst mechanic is one thing among many things that I would have liked with X-Factor. :/

So yeah, I'll wait and see.
Strangely enough, I was glad that Marvel didn't add a burst mechanic to XF/Marvel.
Comeback utilities are just a terrible idea in general imo. I could very well be wrong and it could end up being really cool, but right now i'm not too happy about this addition.
Practically every game post SSF2 had some sort of comeback mechanic though. :ohwell:

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Heat is a pretty tame comeback mechanic too. So if it's similar to that, I'm totally fine with it lol.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
But the only difference is that P4A's Gold Burst is like GG's and BB's Gold Burst became One More Bursts.
My biggest problem with BB gold burst was wake up/random neutral gold burst into big combo. Yeah, it's my fault for not baiting them but I just didn't like it. P4A having GG's gold burst in neutral but BB's in combos is something I really like.

Strangely enough, I was glad that Marvel didn't add a burst mechanic to XF/Marvel.
I can't get into any of the Marvel games, so I wouldn't say that it would be good for the feel of the game or what the fans would want, it was just an idea I had that might have made the game a little more enjoyable.

It would at least add a balance between ridiculous powerup and save this character, which is something I would have liked. :/

Practically every game post SSF2 had some sort of comeback mechanic though. :ohwell:
This, comeback mechanics are a part of nearly every game out there, not just fighting games. If one is designed well then you might not even notice it. We have bursts and guard cancels in many Arcsys games which are certainly not a bad thing.

Meter systems as a whole might be the most important one for fighting games, the use of meter usually gives something that can change the flow of the match in an instant, but these systems are designed so well at their core that they tend to not negatively affect the game.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Spelt having a bad, uneducated and baseless opinion!

Just another normal day on SWF.

Anyway, to add to the discussion: really interested in what they gave Jin. Depending on the pacing of this game, I might pick it back up again.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xonar talking about things he has no idea about and just piggy backing off of other's opinions!

Just another normal day on SWF.

Ragna: Blood Kain Idea
Jin: Frost End (All attacks involving yukianesa freezes opponents again)
Noel: Chain Quasar (Increases speed of drive moves)
Rachel: Erufreed(?) (increases speed of slypheed gauge recovery)
Tao: Almost becoming two!
Tager: Voltic Field (forces magnetism on opponent)
Litchi: Daisharin <simplified> (direction+ D causes staff to move in desired direction)
Arakune: Crimson Deeps (extends curse duration)
Bang: Furinkazan
Carl: Syncro High Speed (strengthens Nirvana)
Hakumen: Kishin (increases magatama rate, can cancel D counters into special moves, but cannot perform guard crushes)
Tsubaki: Second Install (install gauge automatically fills up over time)
Hazama: Jormungand (strengthens drive attacks, gets unlimited haz's life steal ring)
Makoto: G.Impact (all impact moves are done at lvl3 )
Valkenhayn: Andross(?) Wolf (quickly accelerates wolf gauge recovery)
Platinum: Magical Heart Catch (removes limit on number of uses of weapon summoned with drive)
Relius: Maximum Dance (increases Ignis gauge recovery)
Amane: Cyclone (all drive attacks are at highest level)
Bullet: Heat the Beat (always in Heat Up state)
Azrael: Mind Corroseo(?) (all attacks act like they hit weak points)
Oh, Rachel...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Heat is a pretty tame comeback mechanic too. So if it's similar to that, I'm totally fine with it lol.
Yet there are some times when I do want to just go Blood Heat and go for a Last Arc.
It rarely ever works out though... lol
This, comeback mechanics are a part of nearly every game out there, not just fighting games. If one is designed well then you might not even notice it. We have bursts and guard cancels in many Arcsys games which are certainly not a bad thing.
For a moment, I was thinking that Smash didn't have them. But when you die, you are invincible for awhile.
I would've laughed if chances of tripping was made as a comeback mechanic as some sort of "fatigue" system for living too long.
Meter systems as a whole might be the most important one for fighting games, the use of meter usually gives something that can change the flow of the match in an instant, but these systems are designed so well at their core that they tend to not negatively affect the game.
Interesting enough, it also seems like games with weak comeback mechanics are less spectator friendly. BB's are pretty weak compared to a ton of fighters, same with SFXT. On the other side, they can still be exciting to watch if it's a game that punishes you hard for losing like Marvel 2 or even Vampire Savior.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Spelt once again making baseless assumptions.

I rest my case.
You just outright stated you don't even play this game.

How about actually coming up with your own argument for once? If you're not going to be productive the least you could do is not put your foot in your mouth because you have nothing original to say. :)

For a moment, I was thinking that Smash didn't have them. But when you die, you are invincible for awhile.
Considering something like this a comeback mechanic is taking the term a little too liberally. Something that puts you in an advantageous position isn't the same thing as something literally giving you the advantage like x factor does. :/

Burst/counter assaults reset the position to neutral, so they're not even giving anyone an advantageous position.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
>"outright stated I don't play the game"
>actually said I might pick it back up again

now where did I say I never played it?

See, this is the part where we get to baseless assumptions, which you have quite a few of already! Denying me points for being unoriginal is none of my concern, maybe you should shape up so I have to be original to call you out.

I mean, they say even a donkey doesn't bump its head into the same stone twice.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL. Where did I say you never played it?
It's even funnier when you consider the fact you literally quoted my exact words in your post and you still somehow managed to put words in my mouth.

I hope they made/make it so that using overdrive with rachel doesn't use a stock of wind like with bursts. That is THE most annoying thing. :U

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You implied it. You tried to discredit me through stating I don't even play the game, implying I don't know how it works, implying I never played it or haven't in recent times.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's a lot of implications for one simple statement.

What were you talking about again, uhh... baseless assumptions? Right.

Top Bottom