• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You could always ask questions about specific match-ups in the thread, too.

Keep in mind that some of the better players in here will tell you that online play =/= offline play. Some of the things they may show you in a match on Xbox Live (stupid set-ups, "blockstrings," Tager, et cetera) is more than likely not guaranteed to work offline. Make sure you keep that in mind as they explain that to you, and ask plenty of questions.

Smooth Criminal

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, I need serious help here people. Since I have literally no one in my area who plays BB seriously enough to give me any real practice or advice I'm forced to practice only online and I feel like it does virtually nothing to improve my abilities because I get no feedback other than whether I won or lost (usually the second one). I'm in dire need of an opponent who can play me a bunch of games in a row and give me actual real information about how I can do better with the matchup/in general. Is anyone willing to take me on as an apprentice of sorts? I have a headset so that would make communication faster and easier but it's not necessarily required.

I'm just tired of grinding out combos in training mode for hours only to get curb stomped for not really knowing how to get in and land those combos. Anyone?

:phone:
I could spar with you while I get used to playing on stick... but for that we have to wait for my Xbox to be fixed.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Alright, I need serious help here people. Since I have literally no one in my area who plays BB seriously enough to give me any real practice or advice I'm forced to practice only online and I feel like it does virtually nothing to improve my abilities because I get no feedback other than whether I won or lost (usually the second one). I'm in dire need of an opponent who can play me a bunch of games in a row and give me actual real information about how I can do better with the matchup/in general. Is anyone willing to take me on as an apprentice of sorts? I have a headset so that would make communication faster and easier but it's not necessarily required.

I'm just tired of grinding out combos in training mode for hours only to get curb stomped for not really knowing how to get in and land those combos. Anyone?

:phone:
I'm your guy. I also sport a headset too so if you need someone to train you, I can. Lemme know when you wanna play. I'm going out tonight but I got the weekend off.

[EDIT]

JDietz, get in on this too!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You should sub Tsubaki. That way if I ever get a mic for my PS3, I can shout "TSUBAKI!" in my terrible imitation of Hakumen's voice every time you do something lame (I.e. when you're beating me).

Noel could work, though. I can do Jin's dubbed voice semi-okay and start quoting his in-match commentary with Noel.

"NOEL...VERMILION!"

"YOU *****!"

Smooth Criminal

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Stick with moo all day erryday@

EDIT: Holy crap there's 16 guests viewing this thread.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Hello! I finally upgraded to Extend today and realized that I'm awful! Despite this, please welcome me into your midsts. I'm Hippwned on PSN. It's my hope that maybe I'll get a bit better if I play against others that know what they're doing. ;D

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yooo welcome

No worries, I suck too <3

Lyth, sub Tsubaki because Tsubaki is adorable and Noel is a dumb *****

Yeah, I said it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hello! I finally upgraded to Extend today and realized that I'm awful! Despite this, please welcome me into your midsts. I'm Hippwner on PSN. It's my hope that maybe I'll get a bit better if I play against others that know what they're doing. ;D

If you don't mind me for asking, I thought it was "Hippwned" on PN?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh, there was some Assault Through. :3

‎>can't sleep
>play BB
>go into random player room
>play against host once
>almost perfected him first round
>astraled him second round
>get kicked

Delicious tears.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
That sounds like a good idea, actually

I think Soul Calibur V is an amazing and underrated game

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I also think it's a good idea, and I don't really like soulcalibur.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was pretty close to selling SFXT. I still might, who knows.
SCV's neat but not really my style. Granted, I only played it for a few sittings.

TBH, there's only 2 or 3 fighters that I really like this gen. I just don't have the time though.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Soul Calibur takes some getting used to. But, high level play is extremely fun once you get the hang of it.

It's a little more rock-paper-scissors than some other fighters, but not in a random sense. It's a lot about reaction time, spacing, mixups, mindgames, safety/punishing, capitalization and/or gimmicks. Every character is unique in how strong and weak they are in these categories, and you have to play to your strengths. The unique playstyles of each character, and playing the one that suites you best, is one of the biggest reasons I think the game is so fun.

Anyways, this is the blazblue thread so I don't want to derail too much. Just some opinions.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I was pretty close to selling SFXT. I still might, who knows.
SCV's neat but not really my style. Granted, I only played it for a few sittings.

TBH, there's only 2 or 3 fighters that I really like this gen. I just don't have the time though.

If there's no extra cost "Online Pass" with it, and it's for PS3, I'd seriously consider Paypal-ing it off you if it's for decent cheap. :cool:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't know.

Sephiroths Masamune sent me a VM a while back but we never did play our match. :/

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Looks like almost all of the BBR vids are up on Youtube now. I'll have to sit down and watch them sometime.

But for now, training mode. :cool:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

I think I might buy Extend on PS3 to scratch the itch of only having AH3 to practice my stick with since my Xbox is defunct right now.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I will. I need something to distract me while I wait to see if I get my other system back for free or if I have to buy a refurbished one.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I haven't been playing this game at all lately.

Too many other games. D:

Yeah, I know it's weird and depressing that it's the case. Must be those ME3 Multiplayer DLCs, my semi-obsession with getting on one of those "Uncharted 3 Plays of the Week" videos, and me going over a ton of different angles to think how I'm going to get on some reality show thing coming up in early spring. :smirk:

Top Bottom