• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bionis - Shulk Discord Server - Join!

TaE D

Smash Rookie
I'm new, and I don't know how it works here, but I use Shulk in Smash 4 and find him underrated. I find the main issue I see with some of the popular known Shulk play is that he is only efficient with the Monado Arts are activated at all times, which is actual the opposite for Shulk. I don't think it's fair to the character to be judged so negatively because of that, especially one with as much potential as Shulk.

Anyway, I hope I'm not spamming, but I wanted to leave a video that showed off my point. It took me a weekend to complete (it's my first one ever) and hope you'll at least enjoy it or tell me what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtH4b4Vh7Lw

Also, I would like to know how do I start my own thread?

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I'm new, and I don't know how it works here, but I use Shulk in Smash 4 and find him underrated. I find the main issue I see with some of the popular known Shulk play is that he is only efficient with the Monado Arts are activated at all times, which is actual the opposite for Shulk. I don't think it's fair to the character to be judged so negatively because of that, especially one with as much potential as Shulk.

Anyway, I hope I'm not spamming, but I wanted to leave a video that showed off my point. It took me a weekend to complete (it's my first one ever) and hope you'll at least enjoy it or tell me what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtH4b4Vh7Lw

Also, I would like to know how do I start my own thread?
Check your inbox, heir.

Also you generally don't want to make a thread if you're asking a question or your topic involves something that's already discussed in a character's board given that there's a thread for it already. But when you're looking at a character board, you'll see a box that says "Post New Thread" near the top. Here's an image:

EDIT: I have little time to watch the video, but I'll give it a watch another time.

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Ayy I didn't realize there was a discord for the monando boy.
I'm a shulk main so I figure it would benefit me to see how other people play this character. I'd enjoy joining

taleswar

Smash Rookie
I dig that. Footsies with Little Mac is scary to fight against I feel, & your decision to go towards the Shulk route is happily replied. However, you may wanna re-read & check / skim the rules as your post is missing something. You'll know once you see it.
Huh. I feel stupid missing that detail :p
I guess monado boyz must always stay focused in order to unlock their full potential.
(I also edited my older post, just in case.)

Last edited:

Sindocus

Smash Rookie
Hello, i have read the rules and i would ask to be able to join this shulk discord chat. My reasons being i main shulk and want to improve the characters meta as many people would consider me the best shulk in my state

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hello, i have read the rules and i would ask to be able to join this shulk discord chat. My reasons being i main shulk and want to improve the characters meta as many people would consider me the best shulk in my state
I dig this, but your post is missing a certain keyword to opening the doors to Xenoblade Hearts. Okay that was eh, but yeah just include that word & you'll be golden.

Sindocus

Smash Rookie
I'm unsure what this word is but my gut is telling me it s the manado or something like that. I believe shulk is a bit overrated by bad shulk players but underrated in the game as a whole. He has potential but it's not like it'll automatically come that shulk rises outta nowhere. To be good with shulk you need to be able to condition and space your opponent out which is much more important that MALLC and such. MALLC is easy enough anyway its using it in that one point of the match to change he future that matters.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm unsure what this word is but my gut is telling me it s the manado or something like that. I believe shulk is a bit overrated by bad shulk players but underrated in the game as a whole. He has potential but it's not like it'll automatically come that shulk rises outta nowhere. To be good with shulk you need to be able to condition and space your opponent out which is much more important that MALLC and such. MALLC is easy enough anyway its using it in that one point of the match to change he future that matters.
Check your inbox, heir.

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe I haven't tried to get in on that.

Well I would def be interested in this discord.

uncivil ninja

Smash Rookie
Hi im sorta new to smashboards and discord but Im very interested in learning how to master the monado and I've read all the rules so count count me in!

Cyclone151

Smash Rookie
Hiya, I've been looking for other monado boys to fight against since my local area is lacking in Shulk players. I read all the rules and I hope I can be a valuable asset!

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I can't believe I haven't tried to get in on that.

Well I would def be interested in this discord.
you just need to read the rules again and say why you want to join

Last edited:

ApathySSB

Smash Apprentice
you just need to read the rules again and say why you want to join
I've mained shulk since day one, I need a ton more experience, I'm on discord frequently, I play a bit of wifi, I have 4 years of work experience, I'm a good cook, I can speak 12 languages fluently, I have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.

Xantis

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xantis
hi, I want to join the discord group because I want improve my shulk (it's my main but I begin to stagnate)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I've mained shulk since day one, I need a ton more experience, I'm on discord frequently, I play a bit of wifi, I have 4 years of work experience, I'm a good cook, I can speak 12 languages fluently, I have a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering.
This is mighty, except you forgot just one word found within the rules. You're gold once that certain word is typed heir.
hi, I want to join the discord group because I want improve my shulk (it's my main but I begin to stagnate)
I can dig this. Understandable reason, but you're missing one word found within the rules. You're set once it's said heir.

Xantis

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xantis
This is mighty, except you forgot just one word found within the rules. You're gold once that certain word is typed heir.

I can dig this. Understandable reason, but you're missing one word found within the rules. You're set once it's said heir.
sorry, I retry: I want to join the discord group to improve my shulk and before other thing, I read the rules and I accept all. If I don't respect the rules, I'll leave the group

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
sorry, I retry: I want to join the discord group to improve my shulk and before other thing, I read the rules and I accept all. If I don't respect the rules, I'll leave the group
A good try but you're still shy of missing the word you need. Read specifically within the rules where it shows this & find the "word":

Rules (you must read this):

Last edited:

Xantis

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xantis
good idea to verify if a person read the ruels, but I hate you for that XD 30 minutes to find this word... : Monado

SirSquire

Smash Rookie
NNID
hap356
Hi! This is my first time posting on smashboards and I saw this and decided to comment. Im a Shulk main who often goes tournaments and have done well-ish. I would like to get better and learn more about my character and the community.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
good idea to verify if a person read the ruels, but I hate you for that XD 30 minutes to find this word... : Monado
Sorry to the max D:, but that's it! Check your inbox.
Hi! This is my first time posting on smashboards and I saw this and decided to comment. Im a Shulk main who often goes tournaments and have done well-ish. I would like to get better and learn more about my character and the community.
I dig that, just read the rules on the first page in the original post & include the necessary word in your post.

SirSquire

Smash Rookie
NNID
hap356
I didn't see a thing talking about a necessary code word. Am I missing something?

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
My internet connection speed probably can't hold voice chat (it is a terrible human being and the source of all human suffering), but you guys are pretty cool and likely know how to use the Monado better than me. Up for some learning. May as well join if I have a link.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
My internet connection speed probably can't hold voice chat (it is a terrible human being and the source of all human suffering), but you guys are pretty cool and likely know how to use the Monado better than me. Up for some learning. May as well join if I have a link.
Despite of the connection, it's not such a bad thing to come hang out with heirs like yourself. Check your inbox.

AngeloHollow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4585-8889
Hi everyone. I'd like to join the Discord server for the Shulk group. He's a main of mine. I want to improve my fundamentals as a fighter as well as discover more about using Shulk to get past my shortcomings. (Lend me your strength, Monado!)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hi everyone. I'd like to join the Discord server for the Shulk group. He's a main of mine. I want to improve my fundamentals as a fighter as well as discover more about using Shulk to get past my shortcomings. (Lend me your strength, Monado!)
Wow I'm super late. I had this thread opened on a tab but never read this or replied until now. Check your inbox, heir.

HomeMadeWaifu

Smash Rookie
NNID
seth2202
Hey there, I read the rules and want to join the monado boy discord group. Reasons: because I'm a very dedicated shulk main and really want to help/improve with my fellow shulk mains... And currently I'm playing xenoblade chronicles x

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hey there, I read the rules and want to join the monado boy discord group. Reasons: because I'm a very dedicated shulk main and really want to help/improve with my fellow shulk mains... And currently I'm playing xenoblade chronicles x
Check your inbox, heir.

The_Nach1

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I'm actually REALLY new here. I mean, just-made-an-account-today-new. Anyways, I've been playing Shulk since Super Smash Bros. 3DS was first released and kept him as my main ever since. I've been entering local tournaments with Shulk for awhile now. I haven't been able to take 1st yet, but I know that I can always do better. I want to learn more about his match-ups, his neutral game (especially at the start of the match), and how to best optimize his Monando Arts usage. I want to start showing results with everyone's favorite Monado Boy!

By the way, I have read the rules.

Last edited:

The_Nach1

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I'm actually REALLY new here. I mean, just-made-an-account-today-new. Anyways, I've been playing Shulk since Super Smash Bros. 3DS was first released and kept him as my main ever since. I've been entering local tournaments with Shulk for awhile now. I haven't been able to take 1st yet, but I know that I can always do better. I want to learn more about his match-ups, his neutral game (especially at the start of the match), and how to best optimize his Monando Arts usage. I want to start showing results with everyone's favorite Monado Boy!
Also, I'm a big fan of the Xenoblade games!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I edited in! :) monado!
Check your inbox, heir.

By the way, I have read the rules.
Check your inbox, heir.

Top Bottom