• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big Storybook Of Notes: Information For Yoshi

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

I've noticed alot of threads having useful information that gets lost in the dust due to no replies. Like the Buffered DJ Recovery/Super Jump Thread, or the Ledge and Banana tricks that Silent beast made being thrown into the archives, then Scatz next by his thread only getting a few replies before it was left alone like most of the Yoshi threads fate.
So here's a thread we can start throwing all our information, techniques, tactics, stage shenanigans, and whatever else we can think of.

To start off this thread, I have a small composition book I keep with a few things that can kinda be helpful that i'll drop in the OP to hopefully boost some discussion in here.

DR Waveland (not sure if it's entirely correct)
When trying to DR on Platforms, inputting controls as if trying to wavebounce with eggtoss, but instead using F-Air, helps a bit.

Longslide Crawldash
Long Slants Only
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza (Shine Sprite Shrine)
Yoshi's Island: Brawl
I'll be using YI:B for a text example.
When you jump and you're about to land on the slant near the ledge, you can quickly flick the control stick around 7 o'clock and have him slide past almost back to the middle of the stage where you were, giving you a long slide animation and able to do whatever you feel like out of it until you stop sliding.

For Image example:

If done correctly, you can almost make it back from the previous location you jumped from, most of the time if you input an attack too quickly you'll do D-tilt. For this image I just used USmash as the example. I've tried other moves like Dsmash Fsmash or just attempting to do a standing grab.

Lagless Eggroll
Battlefield
Smashville

Basically, just getting enough speed during eggroll, letting go before getting off the platform making you go further then usual and have no landing lag.

N-Air Lock
Similar with Fox, Hit with soft N-air once they land (and if they didn't tech) and hit them with a fresh N-air once you land.

So yeah... get to it, stop hiding things and stir up conversations for the newcomers or give the oldbies something new to try out in their playstyle.

Frame Data

Yoshi Pummel Info

Yoshi - 20 Frame Pummel

Percent Brackets

High Input

0-98% 0 Pummels
99-250% 1 Pummel

Average Input

0-5% 0 Pummels
6-64% 1 Pummel
65-123% 2 Pummels
124-178% 3 Pummels
179-241% 4 Pummels
242-250% 5 Pummels

No Input

0-5% 4 Pummels
6-17% 5 Pummels
18-29% 6 Pummels
30-41% 7 Pummels
42-52% 8 Pummels
53-64% 9 Pummels
65-76% 10 Pummels
77-88% 11 Pummels
89-99% 12 Pummels
100-111% 13 Pummels
112-123% 14 Pummels
124-135% 15 Pummels
136-147% 16 Pummels
148-158% 17 Pummels
159-170% 18 Pummels
171-182% 19 Pummels
183-194% 20 Pummels
195-205% 21 Pummels
206-217% 22 Pummels
218-229% 23 Pummels
230-241% 24 Pummels
242-250% 25 Pummels

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Crawling backwards on the ledge, inputting eggtoss, and immediately pressing back on the control stick, then pushing down on the control stick and rolling it back to the top 90 degrees.

Pointless AT I discovered when I first started maiming Yoshi. You go from crawling back on the edge of the stage, to throwing an egg, to falling onto the ledge.

Kinda helps with scrubs like me who's fingers are too slow to hug the ledge with Yoshi.
And to go from stage to ledge and have 6 eggs.

:phone:

Aurablast

Smash Cadet
Longslide Crawldash is also not so bad on the slope of the first part of Castle Siege, imo. But yeah, that ****ing ***** on Yoshi Island (Sheik with this + DAC just do all the stage =D)

Good topic then, will often go there =)

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I was trying to do locks on bf in training mode because I was bored and couldn't lock with anything. So it's nair? I'll look into that when I get bored. Edge slip to upsmash or fsmash is pretty cool just remember who can't move after they edge slip.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Longslide Crawldash is also not so bad on the slope of the first part of Castle Siege, imo. But yeah, that ****ing ***** on Yoshi Island (Sheik with this + DAC just do all the stage =D)
I tried doing it on CS's first part, I did it kinda good... but not good like the stages I put down.
I think you can do it on the third part as well.

I trying to do locks on bf in training mode because I was bored. So it's nair? I'll look into that when I get bored. Edge slip to upsmash or fsmash is pretty cool just remember who can't move after they edge slip.
Yeah it's N-air, if you try doing two fresh N-airs it won't work.
Also, Not sure if you're telling us to Fsmash/USmash if we make someone edge slip.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
This is very sticky-worthy, would you guys be opposed to me sticking this? If this had many threads in it, I could unstick other ones (Like say, "The Endless Pot").

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You guys choose not me, and will copy/paste from what I typed in the skype chat.

[8:07:21 PM] http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277983
[8:07:56 PM] My general idea was this when I made the thread, I then searched other boards to see if they did something similar.
[8:08:02 PM] P4 did.
[8:08:13 PM] So I felt kinda stupid for making a similar thread.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I tried doing it on CS's first part, I did it kinda good... but not good like the stages I put down.
I think you can do it on the third part as well.

Yeah it's N-air, if you try doing two fresh N-airs it won't work.
Also, Not sure if you're telling us to Fsmash/USmash if we make someone edge slip.
either one.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Basically that, no bounce. Not sure what causes it, I would provide video examples... if I knew how to upload videos.

I mean... I DO have a dazzle, just the means of recording and uploading on Youtube.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
It has a USB output doesn't it? Hook that up to a computer, now I don't know what software you're supposed to use with it to save the video file, but it should be easy with what you have.

Scatz

Smash Champion
You have to use Pinnacle Studios and download a driver off their website for the computer to recognize it completely. I recall Dazzles working with a few other video capture software, but they're much more of a hastle when I tried them. Might be easier nowadays.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My Dazzle USB's into my laptop and so far every recording program Ive tried works with it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's not that it isn't working, just that I haven't attempted to upload youtube videos cause i'm lazy.
When I had bad internet I also couldn't be using almost all my usage on uploading Youtube videos. Haven't attempted uploading videos since I moved to this apartment.

Vox

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2267-8895-6976
Bump ...

Quote: Sinister Slush - I've noticed alot of threads having useful information that gets lost in the dust due to no replies. Like the Buffered DJ Recovery/Super Jump Thread, or the Ledge and Banana tricks that Silent beast made being thrown into the archives, then Scatz next by his thread only getting a few replies before it was left alone like most of the Yoshi threads fate.

Can you post links to the buffered DJ rec & banana trick threads please?

Top Bottom