• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

What's The Point

Smash Master
Bah, I thought the next circuit event was this weekend. I was all worried about getting things together.

But anyway, got a car going to Ohio. Currently it's me, Toph, and Themann. I've got 2 more spots and a 3rd if you don't mind a trunk.

Though now I'm all hyped up for a smash tournament. Is there one going on this weekend?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
how far is sandusky from the circuit event?

my familys already going to be at sandusky, oh on friday and my parents said if i can get a ride to springfield i can go, its my spring break so theyre a lil more lax for this one

GLCH

Smash Apprentice
I was jk.. I guess I didn't want to change my name... This site is soo gooood... Is there any good tourneys around SE Michigan??? Did everyone miss Malice and me??? lol

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
I better start setting up some meetups or something. If not im going to die of boredum in Michigan since im a city person. I want to constantly be doing something after my new job training ends everyday.
I enjoy melee 3284 times more than brawl but i wouldnt mind brawl if thats the only thing thats available.
You WILL enjoy playing me in melee.
My aim is QueenzPlaya087 guys.
Nobody on here parties on weekends? or at least knows people that do? lol

SCOTU

Smash Hero
almost seems like i should host a Melee tourney and get the guys from the west side of the state, like bigy, and sliq if he's gonna be here then or something. is there a good weekend that's not this one coming up that's not a big brawl tourney?

just kidding. that timeframe doesn't overlap any weekend that's not the brawl circuit event :(

SlapY0Self

Smash Rookie
Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Oh yea? Im kinda anxious to go out there. Oh im awesome with bowser nd all but i main falcon. D@mn, for some reason, im nervous. This is gonna be the 1st time i ever travel far from my home state alone lol. Oh yea bowyer, how far are you from liviona?

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Not if i wanted to produce tourney top tourney placings lol. I'd usually use him in the 1st match even if im fighting somebody like cobalt or dashizwiz. I tended to do better with my bowser than my main sometimes lol.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So... I might not go home anymore? I'm not exactly sure. Maaaaybe I can go clubbing.

Or just play some Smash :D

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
I'll have my rental car and my hotel room so i could practically go anywhere when im done with job training.
I'd be down wit it lol. Playin smash a little before and after clubbin lol. 4 stock the girls haha. (maybe puffin it up too would be awesome.

edit..
Weird my Sig isnt coming up at all for some reason.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
i was actually referencing TVs that upscale SD video into HD, which is why many HD tvs fail at being reasonable for Melee.

I'll agree that most HD tvs are *** for melee. But I have one in my living room that is perfect for it, no lag delay or anything. It's a phillips 720p 50" if anyone is looking into the purchase of a new HD tv and wants one that is super fast. I highly recomend it, being as much of a stickler for a good tv as I am. I could hardly stand the MGC tournaments TVs.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i hope this clubbing thing is actually going down lol, everyone else in saline is going somewhere for spring break except me =(

so id need something to do

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I got bored and emailed some gaming blogs about the documentary like half an hour ago. Apparently, GoNintendo already put it up ( http://gonintendo.com/?p=77910 ). This documentary is getting more and more hype. I can't wait for the final product.

lain

Smash Master
i hope this clubbing thing is actually going down lol, everyone else in saline is going somewhere for spring break except me =(

so id need something to do
Hot_arms, it is my promise that if you come down here to party, I will do it.

But I request you get high or drunk beforehand. That's how you gotta do it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, that just reminded me, it's been a while since I've been to a Smash tourney, I really need to go out more to Smash tourney's. =/

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Was it that long?! Yea, I'm going to have to play more Smash so I don't suck. =P

Vayseth

Smash Master
Guy who Johns about no city: Livonia might not have anything, but Ann Arbor is a decent-sized city and it is only 25-35 min from you. No johns!

Everyone else: I accidentally walked into a brawl tournament last night after work here in Nashville, TN. It was pretty interesting. Over 70 registered, to cut down they did 4 player FFAs with top 1 moving on into brackets. One match, random neutral for stage. Only thing that was banned was stalling.
After that, I entered brackets where it was 2-stock, 5 minute, random neutral however it was STILL only one match. I ***** like 4 or 5 people before making it into the finals where I lost to a Peach on FD. I don't get that match up >.<
I guess TN doesn't post on the boards much... I dno why but the peach guy was the next best guy there by far. Everyone was kinda "eh" XD Where's the TN competition at? TN's best can't take MI's medicore players? =P 1st and 2nd got the same prize (games and ****) so GGs.

GGs D3, best character in the game.
GGs MK, when D3 isn't enough.
GGs TN, for taking it like a man.
GGs MI, for Ann Arbor DI.

Peaces. Back on Monday but I'm heading up north for easter so no circuit for me =( I was all jacked up for it too =(

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
Hmm. Scotu and Levitas, where do you guys stay when you're not in AA? And Wk, depending on who you know there's a party like every weekend. You just gotta hang with the right people. Mikey, you should come down to Sfld so we can smash it up......

Top Bottom