• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Torvus

Smash Cadet
Picked up smash for 3ds today and it has been the most fun i have had with a smash game in a while. Spent hours with some friends at the college gaming club just playing smash run and 1v1s. Now i just need to figure out if i want to main zss or lucina.

RagingMeerkat

Smash Rookie
NNID
burtonbrdr158
3DS FC
2921-9247-0657
Picked up smash for 3ds today and it has been the most fun i have had with a smash game in a while. Spent hours with some friends at the college gaming club just playing smash run and 1v1s. Now i just need to figure out if i want to main zss or lucina.
Are you me? I've been playing as Lucina and ZSS most of the day.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
I've been playing as mostly ness, Rosalina and palutena can't really decide between them.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I'm tempted to buy Smash 3DS now after seeing people at TBH4 play it.

I'm not all that into handheld gaming, but it's Smash so w/e.

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
Out of curiosity, anyone here in the Novi area? I know one friend who is a smasher, curious if there are more of us

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
As far as cities go I am closest to Portage/Kalamazoo....I actually live in three rivers, however. Not much going on down here.

RagingMeerkat

Smash Rookie
NNID
burtonbrdr158
3DS FC
2921-9247-0657
welcome to the club buddy, where in Ann Arbor are you? Most of us are in the UofM campus area
I'm pretty close to campus. I graduated in 2011 and never left Ann Arbor.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to competitive play but I've played casually since 64.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
My name is back to its original color again :3

Also, Boswer Jr is mid tier at best feels like (so punishable and only KO move you can land is a fresh Bair or a super punishable side B spinout). Got whooped by AZ smash scene down here, they are pretty decent. Got nothing on Michigan smash though.

Last edited:

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
My name is back to its original color again :3

Also, Boswer Jr is mid tier at best feels like (so punishable and only KO move you can land is a fresh Bair or a super punishable side B spinout). Got whooped by AZ smash scene down here, they are pretty decent. Got nothing on Michigan smash though.
I tried him out and was really hoping I'd like him....I don't really. I will still play him casual, but I don't think he will ever be main material for me....which upsets me because ludwig skin exists :(

Vayseth

Smash Master
Just posted this on the Michigan Smash 4 FaceBook group but also posting here too!

I just talked to the owner of Gamer's Gauntlet (Clinton Twp, MI) today and we wanna try having weekly meet ups for the 3DS version on Tuesday nights. The first one will be tomorrow! If you can make it out it'll start around 7 pm!

If we get enough weekly interest we can have weekly $5 tournies too!

Info!
https://www.facebook.com/GamersGauntlet
20564 Hall Rd. Clinton Township, Michigan
(586) 412-6677

EDIT: Should this be its own thread? I have forgotten smashboards etiquette after years out of the game.

Last edited:

Torvus

Smash Cadet
currently playing a lot of zss lucina shulk DHD and zelda. I'm in the GR area and since most of the west MI scene is project m still as far as i know i'll probably be relying on my college gaming club for any non wifi smash 4 for the time being.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
currently playing a lot of zss lucina shulk DHD and zelda. I'm in the GR area and since most of the west MI scene is project m still as far as i know i'll probably be relying on my college gaming club for any non wifi smash 4 for the time being.
I am closer to grand rapids than any of the other places that will likely be doing smash 4....just sayin.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
2 Things

1. Did you all hear the Super Smash Bros. for WiiU now has an official launch date of November 21st?
  2. Since many of you may not be in the Michigan Smash 4 FB group (link here). I posted a proposed ruleset/stagelist yesterday. I want to gauge interest from the state itself when coming up with a ruleset that our scene will follow for a time. Topics within the ruleset/stagelist open for discussion are Stock count, Stagelist, Legality of GW/Pikachu team comp, and anything else detrimental to the health of the game's competitive life. So if you think that 3 stock is better than 2, comment. If you believe that there are a few stages on the stagelist that are wonky and don't feel competitive, comment. If you think GW/Pika is stupid broken and will potentially hurt doubles like Double MK did, comment. If you don't want to join the FB group but want to comment here on Smashboards, here is the link to the proposal.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
might as well change that handle to Japington, Japes for president 2015. (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง Japes (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
Do not sully the Gerpington name. I an the heir to the throne of gerps. I AM A NOBLE GERPING LADY AND I SHALL BE TREATED AS SUCH.

Japingtons are mongrels compared to us.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
First post I've made in forever in my region, but what's up?

I normally live in the GR area, but am in Oakland County now for school.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
First post I've made in forever in my region, but what's up?

I normally live in the GR area, but am in Oakland County now for school.
Where in Oakland County? I go to school at OU but I commute from Sylvan Lake

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
7668 posts but first post in a MI thread, where you been
Too busy keeping people out of trouble in the Smash 4 forum.

Haven't had much to say, nor am I that big into the tournament scene, though it helps that I finally have a car (during my last year at school...) and the 3DS has better online than Brawl.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Just posted this on the Michigan Smash 4 FaceBook group but also posting here too!

I just talked to the owner of Gamer's Gauntlet (Clinton Twp, MI) today and we wanna try having weekly meet ups for the 3DS version on Tuesday nights. The first one will be tomorrow! If you can make it out it'll start around 7 pm!

If we get enough weekly interest we can have weekly $5 tournies too!

Info!
https://www.facebook.com/GamersGauntlet
20564 Hall Rd. Clinton Township, Michigan
(586) 412-6677

EDIT: Should this be its own thread? I have forgotten smashboards etiquette after years out of the game.
Yo!!!! This is extremely local (literally down the street). I'll definitely start coming next week. How was the turnout?

Last edited:

Vayseth

Smash Master
Double Post cause yolo:

Thanks for coming out TSON! Hope you can make it out more often. If we can get enough regulars out on Tuesdays when the Wii U version comes out we can host weeklies!

RagingMeerkat

Smash Rookie
NNID
burtonbrdr158
3DS FC
2921-9247-0657
Double Post cause yolo:

Thanks for coming out TSON! Hope you can make it out more often. If we can get enough regulars out on Tuesdays when the Wii U version comes out we can host weeklies!
I wish I could come out to this but it's outside my driving range (1hr 10min).

Top Bottom