• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, i'm still playing this game fairly regularly. i'm looking for new (or old) peeps in my area (waterford). any takers?

Also, I used to speed run megaman 2. i think i beat it in about 40 minutes?? haven't tried it in awhile.

It looks like I'm guaranteed a part time dishwashing job starting in july.

So i might start travelling for tournaments starting fall.

because of the reasons mentioned above, and me turning 21 next year it's quite possible that I'll be working towards getting my license sometime within the next 6 months. Maybe.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
hey guys, i'm still playing this game fairly regularly. i'm looking for new (or old) peeps in my area (waterford). any takers?

Also, I used to speed run megaman 2. i think i beat it in about 40 minutes?? haven't tried it in awhile.
Shaeden's still the only one in Waterford as far as I know. There's a bunch of Melee players in West Bloomfield though. Check the player directory: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307678

waiting until your 21st bday to get your license...genius. Then you can first learn to drive while drunk so drinking and driving just seems natural
Lmao, it's more I just want a form of ID that's not my passport. Roller knows that fear of losing your passport OoS/OoR because you needed an ID.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on the charity tournament ruleset for any1 who is slightly interested.

$10 venue- goes to charity.

$10 singles, this will be going towards the payout, not sure if top 3 or top 5.
$20 per team for doubles.

same for melee, although i don't think there's much interest.

Also an all brawl side event $5 entry, all of which will be donated to charity.

The donations will all be going to help fund finding a cure for epilepsy.

Attendance wise it appears that a lot of Midwest west is planning on showing up, including MJG and Hunger.

This would be a decent alternative to sktar since Mi doesn't seem like it's going, still working out how much transportation would cost overall. It seems more than likely that we can get free housing, I'm looking into the options right now.

Oh yeah I want to say that even though I keep posting info about this and want people to go, I'm in no way trying to guilt trip people into going to this/donating. That being said it would be awesome if a lot of people came to this.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Lmao, it's more I just want a form of ID that's not my passport. Roller knows that fear of losing your passport OoS/OoR because you needed an ID.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on the charity tournament ruleset for any1 who is slightly interested.

$10 venue- goes to charity.

$10 singles, this will be going towards the payout, not sure if top 3 or top 5.
$20 per team for doubles.

same for melee, although i don't think there's much interest.

Also an all brawl side event $5 entry, all of which will be donated to charity.

The donations will all be going to help fund finding a cure for epilepsy.

Attendance wise it appears that a lot of Midwest west is planning on showing up, including MJG and Hunger.

Transportation wise megabus tickets for the weekend of this are like $25 maximum, and I've seen some go as low as 5. So since, from what I've been gathering, there isn't going to be a carpool to Sktar, This would be a really cost efficient alternative. It seems more than likely that we can get free housing, I'm looking into the options right now.

Oh yeah I want to say that even though I keep posting info about this and want people to go, I'm in no way trying to guilt trip people into going to this/donating. That being said it would be awesome if a lot of people came to this.
Tutu, next time I see you I have a $10 donation I have plans for the 14th that make me unable to go.

I was being dumb before and forgot that it's a 4 way trip.

it's 36 to and from chicago (72)

Then assuming anyone who would go wants to be back by monday it's roughly 20 round trip for chicago-MN

so round trip is roughly 92.

I did the driving calculations and assuming you have a car that gets 20 miles per gallon average on the highway, and gas prices around 3.7 per gallon,( apparently that's the average over there) it would be about $240 round trip from ann arbor.

Roller

Smash Legend
^Jinxed back the other way around.

Also. I called The Devils in 6 before the series even started. And my predictions come true quite often.

Either way tho. LA is probably winning the cup.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
dear everyone: im not having a sf anymore. I realized i rather be getting crunk and gambling away all my money. <3
Getting crunk: By a **** ton of alchy for the sf and consume it all
Gamble all your money away: Money match me ^_^

problem solved.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Man, first Gio wasn't at work so I couldn't go get a free drink. Then Espresso Royale had ****ty internet so I had to go to Mason. Then the coffee machine wasn't giving out free drinks anymore. And now Marco cancelled his SF so I have no reason to go to WB and gamble.

So disappointing.

Dre the Ace

Smash Ace
Dre how have you lived in the WB area and not known of the St. Mary's Fair and its famous Vegas tent lol, for shame.
No I've known about the St. Mary's Fair and I've been there like twice. I ain't a big fan of fairs, but now that Marco said it was a tent, I DO remember it. Just needed a refresher.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ok question,

is there any non full carpool going to SKTAR?

JSTM are you still going to Canada?

I just want to plan these asap.
SKTAR isn't happening for MI sadly

JTSM does have a car going from AA to Impulse. Not sure if its full, I wanna go but I need to get my passport/enhanced license to go.

:phone:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I got my temps at 17, license on my 18th birthday. **** paying (or taking) that driver's ed bull**** lol.

Being able to drive yourself anywhere is wonderful, you kids should be gunning to get those licenses.

Top Bottom