• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

LOE1

Smash Lord
Real advice Apasher - Don't play games.

Focus on school, or doing something you're passionate about. It's fun to meet and play with people, but it doesn't sound like a passion to me. Have fun when playing, strengthen your relationships with the friends you know, and do the things you're going to enjoy throughout your life.
Whats life?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Don't listen to Chad lol. Smash is a great hobby... you can meet a ton of interesting people and even develop a network that can help you gain connections and opportunities in the future.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Nah, I'm passionate about smash. I just need to refresh myself from trying so hard in Brawl and just have some fun and enjoy the game.

:phone:

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
you have to be passionate about smash to play? 0_o since when? I play for fun, im not 'passionate' about it. Apasher to be honest its really hard for you to get better until you can travel more, its not your fault. You shouldnt take it so hard because if you cant travel around and play with people youre really limited.

Also rizk I love you

gifts has it right...play d3. I just made my d3 setup amazing so ill be playing, everyone play with me! Except I can honestly say I really really hate what theyve done with the menu system :/ Its a really big deterrent.

Also LOE1 when did you get so cocky? I will demolish you next time we play. It will be so refreshing

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
i havent used the auction house, havent played much. Does blizzard sell all items in the game there? or is it all user submitted items? The auction house makes it seem like d3 is more about pvp

What's The Point

Smash Master
So after my a while of my computer struggling to keep up with some D3 boss runs it shut off from I assume overheating. I think I need to buy a desktop. However I'm incredibly ignorant when it comes to computer hardware. As of now I'd just go to newegg.com and pick something. So I'm asking somebody more knowledge to help me. Specifically Marco but if anyone else who knows whats up would be good.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
So after my a while of my computer struggling to keep up with some D3 boss runs it shut off from I assume overheating. I think I need to buy a desktop. However I'm incredibly ignorant when it comes to computer hardware. As of now I'd just go to newegg.com and pick something. So I'm asking somebody more knowledge to help me. Specifically Marco but if anyone else who knows whats up would be good.
yoo0o0o0o i suck. I would just look at whats on sale for now but just pick a processor/motherboard first. Usually you can find combo deals that come with both on newegg or tigerdirect. Once you have that just let me know what you got and we can buy the rest of the parts accordingly. Or just give me a budget and ill tell you what I would buy.

monks are fun, although I cant see them being particularly broken

i keep hearing witch doctors are the best at a high level

idk he's pretty fun but the cooldowns on his summons are annoying... i miss constantly casting revive or summoning golems over and over lolz
also the new info that comes up when you highlight items in your inventory CONFUSES me i just want stats not + or - %. it's so misleading when i get a new armor or something and then i'm like o sick +.5% in green but then i dont see that my int goes down by 10 or something.

also HOW THE HELL DO YOU SWITCH YOUR SKILLS WITHOUT GOING TO THE SKILLS MENU

like if i'm fighting a boss and i want to use one right click move followed by another quickly i have to press s, change the skill, and accept. by then i've taken like 2000 damage. wtf happened to hotkeys for skills... :'(

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
i keep hearing witch doctors are the best at a high level

idk he's pretty fun but the cooldowns on his summons are annoying... i miss constantly casting revive or summoning golems over and over lolz
also the new info that comes up when you highlight items in your inventory CONFUSES me i just want stats not + or - %. it's so misleading when i get a new armor or something and then i'm like o sick +.5% in green but then i dont see that my int goes down by 10 or something.

also HOW THE HELL DO YOU SWITCH YOUR SKILLS WITHOUT GOING TO THE SKILLS MENU

like if i'm fighting a boss and i want to use one right click move followed by another quickly i have to press s, change the skill, and accept. by then i've taken like 2000 damage. wtf happened to hotkeys for skills... :'(
the skill thing is blizzards way of compensating for the fact that you can change skills whenever and there is no investing points into attributes/skills. They want you to choose a build at the beginning of each game and stick with it. Theres a passive ability after level 60 where the more rare enemies you kill, the higher your mf benefits get as long as you dont change any skills/runes. Because theyre trying to encourage a lack of constantly changing builds in the middle of a game. There is no shortcut to change skills. You have to go into the menu, change and then wait for it to warmup. Its frustrating as a monk having to decide between having a healing ability or an offensive ability because you cant easily switch.

It also takes away a lot of the tech skill from D2. Rather than frantically switching between tons of moves and trying to space accordingly with respect to each move, you only have to deal with a few moves and just continue using those. Combats a little boring because of that imo

The stats thing confused me at first but i get it now. Its DEFINITELY not D2 and I realize that so im going to enjoy it without comparing it.

haha yeah it seems like in pvp im just gonna sit there and spam one move

i miss melee sorc - teleporting around casting static and FO constantly and using zeal bo and bc UGH

why are all game companies dumbing sequels down. D3 is like brawl yo

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
haha yeah it seems like in pvp im just gonna sit there and spam one move

i miss melee sorc - teleporting around casting static and FO constantly and using zeal bo and bc UGH

If you right click on the button you go to that skills tree to swap out kinda fast, you just have to wait for those cooldowns...

kd-

Smash Lord
Agreed, I've felt this way for a while.

cs 1.6 to cs:s
Starcraft: BW to Starcraft 2
melee to brawl

Thought I had more, but I drew a blank.

D3 isn't bad, but definitely feels dumbed down and I wonder what end-game is going to be like. I want to just get there so I can use the build I want. I also hate how it's hard personally to randomly play with your friends - they have to accept an invite or request an invite and I can't just join their game, probably some setting somewhere but getting them to flag it would be just as hard as the invite system.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
don't judge till you get to end game
I'm starting to realize a ton of people would be effed over if there was a skill tree and they were effing around with it, then by the time inferno comes rolling around, enemies are one shotting all over the place and they do near nothing to them.
It allows for experimentation, but now theres absolutely no reason to have more than one of each class, we'll see how it goes.
So it's not necessarily dumbing down, but I do see it reducing the rage later on (and you gotta admit, d2 characters where not at all complex end game, usually one skill spam, yet they were undeniably overpowered)

What's The Point

Smash Master
yoo0o0o0o i suck. I would just look at whats on sale for now but just pick a processor/motherboard first.
See, I have no idea what to pick.

Or just give me a budget and ill tell you what I would buy.
Just don't go crazy.

Though after thinking about it I rather have a laptop.

Then look at your Int. But if your damage is going up even with less Int then it doesn't matter.

Elective mode lets you use multiple skills from the same category. Still a max of 6 though.

You listed six moves which is the amount of skills you get in D2. Two of them aren't even combat moves. You just have all six buttons ready to use and no weapon swapping. You might want to bring up pointless **** you swap around and buffs but every build for every character is centered around 2 or 3 skills.

kd-

Smash Lord
don't judge till you get to end game
I'm starting to realize a ton of people would be effed over if there was a skill tree and they were effing around with it, then by the time inferno comes rolling around, enemies are one shotting all over the place and they do near nothing to them.
For sure that's true, especially with the way D2 came to be about with synergies and builds and rushes. Builds like WW barbs/sins you couldn't do anything except watch your skill points accumulate until mid/late/end game and pretty much had to get rushed.

(and you gotta admit, d2 characters where not at all complex end game, usually one skill spam, yet they were undeniably overpowered)
You listed six moves which is the amount of skills you get in D2. Two of them aren't even combat moves. You just have all six buttons ready to use and no weapon swapping. You might want to bring up pointless **** you swap around and buffs but every build for every character is centered around 2 or 3 skills.
@Roki: Sort of true I guess. Some (most?) were two skill spam - they'd just teleport around and spam their stuff, and others it was a lot more complex.
@WTP: It's more of the skillset and skillcap being harder and higher. Splitting the moves into two mouse buttons, and not every skill could be on either mouse button, is a lot different than being able to use six buttons, one for each skill. For me I rationalize it as it's not that limitation is better, but there's a skill that separates good from better, and bad from good. With the new six button system, it seems like it'll just turn into Build Wars (one build counters another and gg). It's the same thing as control groups being limited to 12 in Starcraft: Brood War vs infinite in Starcraft 2, the 12 control group made it so you had to be that much more in control of your army.

See, I have no idea what to pick.
Though after thinking about it I rather have a laptop.
Don't go cheap on gaming laptops (less than $1000 in my opinion), it usually doesn't pan out well, although sometimes there are gems for ~$750. If your laptop doesn't have strong cooling, get a fan dock thing so your laptop doesn't brick on you.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Elective mode lets you use multiple skills from the same category. Still a max of 6 though.
omfg, I thought all it did was allow you to re-categorize the six categories to other numbers and thats it, well, cya magic missile

but I miss the eff out of d2 teleport, except I could probly go through all four acts in 6 minutes if they kept it

yeah every build is based around a couple of skills but i'm saying now i just feel like im literally only clicking the mouse

and the items display is still stupid

kd-

Smash Lord
This thread just keeps getting better:

The Big MI Brawl Discussion Topic ->
The Big MI Brawl Argument Topic ->
The Big MI Brawl Argument remix Topic ->
The Big MI Brawl QQ Topic ->
The Big MI Diablo Discussion Topic

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Kevin feel free to text me to ask about what to buy thats good, since all the new gear is out the older models that are almost as good are cheap get yourself some good older gear son.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
This thread just keeps getting better:

The Big MI Brawl Discussion Topic ->
The Big MI Brawl Argument Topic ->
The Big MI Brawl Argument remix Topic ->
The Big MI Brawl QQ Topic ->
The Big MI Diablo Discussion Topic
You definitely forgot the Big MI Anime Discussion Topic from a few months ago.

:phone:

Top Bottom