• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
DRDN let me know once you start playing! Also anyone whos gonna be playing d3 let me know so we can play together ^_^

without school now im bored -.- and i have a vehicle now. So i think ill be traveling for smash a bit more. At least to ann arbor.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
DRDN let me know once you start playing! Also anyone whos gonna be playing d3 let me know so we can play together ^_^

without school now im bored -.- and i have a vehicle now. So i think ill be traveling for smash a bit more. At least to ann arbor.
I'll possibly be getting d3. :D

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So after this weekend, I'm going to say this:

Michigan needs to work on unifying and helping each other more. There's so much animosity in this state. Illinois for example is just way more chill of an environment and everyone seems to support each other so well. MI just seems to thrive off being ****s to each other sometimes.

I recognize that no one minus a few people are completely innocent. Even myself. But its dumb in hindsight. Zinoto has the most insanely positive mindset in and out of game and look at him. Sparta Kick also keeps his chin up no matter what. Look at his accomplishments.

We all just focus on the bad of everyone else. But everyone has something their good at as well. And we can all learn something from each other. But instead its basically a giant competition amongst ourselves. And it is ...but that's not the only thing it has to be. I honestly feel like id be a lot happier in this scene if it wasn't this big competition. That's where the pressure comes from. And its annoying being in such a tightly wound environment for a video game. I feel like your results should say everything for you. All this reallllly pointless bragging over a single set win etc is dumb. We need to start treating each other well and stop operating in little cliques.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I agree with everything said in your post. I've felt this way since I got to know the MI Brawl community better. Zinoto gives a really good example on what we should do.

:phone:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah you ****ing scrubs, play nice and stop being *******s amongst yourselves and to those around you. It's way too early to have your noses up your own assess about being "the best in the region" (like it's such an accomplishment), your top 3 may be reasonably strong but your bench lacks any real threat or substance. Have a more positive outlook like Zinoto and you'll start to see improvement in many ways. Good post Tech.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
good post tech. Im glad you realize that. I know ive said this before and everyone freaks out and has to get a new tampon but the community is not all that welcoming to new players and theres too little encouragement. Probably that stems from all the salt. Experienced players are going to argue with me but thats alright, im just stating what ive noticed. Those are my objective observations, interpret them freely. I want to start playing again but not if people are going to give me a hard time lol.

Shoutouts to ori bro actually because whenever I see him lose to someone bad he is a champ about it and acts nice to them.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
:bee:

I'm not going to speak for many people, but all the new players that have been coming to the tourneys aka Stewy/Ksev/me9595 and their crew are some pretty damn cool kids. I really wanna get to know them. Also Bulletsquall and his 4 friends that came to my sf last weekend were hella chill.

I'm going to be hosting a sf next weekend (May 18/19th?) and both of these parties seemed hella excited for it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Gio, and I were talking about this at like 6 in the morning today and we pretty much agree, its this junior high **** in the community that makes it not fun to be in. I've just decided though to just work on making this experience as fun as I can. However, if the ****-ish behavior persists, I will just have to expose people.

Now, a lot of our veterans are actually welcoming though. And there's some cool new people arriving. We can always improve though.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
So after this weekend, I'm going to say this:

Michigan needs to work on unifying and helping each other more. There's so much animosity in this state. Illinois for example is just way more chill of an environment and everyone seems to support each other so well. MI just seems to thrive off being ****s to each other sometimes.

I recognize that no one minus a few people are completely innocent. Even myself. But its dumb in hindsight. Zinoto has the most insanely positive mindset in and out of game and look at him. Sparta Kick also keeps his chin up no matter what. Look at his accomplishments.

We all just focus on the bad of everyone else. But everyone has something their good at as well. And we can all learn something from each other. But instead its basically a giant competition amongst ourselves. And it is ...but that's not the only thing it has to be. I honestly feel like id be a lot happier in this scene if it wasn't this big competition. That's where the pressure comes from. And its annoying being in such a tightly wound environment for a video game. I feel like your results should say everything for you. All this reallllly pointless bragging over a single set win etc is dumb. We need to start treating each other well and stop operating in little cliques.
Good post. I feel like IL definitely supports each other. I've never once seen or had an argument with someone over who beat who or anything stupid like that. We're just a chill state. You guys were pretty chill too, but I didn't really see you guys supporting each other at all minus you cheering for Zinoto against Arty.

The game becomes so much more fun when you don't feel pressured going up against someone from your own state.

I really wanna see Zinoto vs Arty if it was recorded.
DLA recorded it. You know what that means...

Roller

Smash Legend
I actually think MI is really chill at tourneys...

I see other states like NJ, and I'm like. Wow. These guys need to relax more.

Yeah we troll the **** out of eachother and ***** and complain online. But when we're hanging out together everyone seems cool enough, imo.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I actually think MI is really chill at tourneys...

I see other states like NJ, and I'm like. Wow. These guys need to relax more.

Yeah we troll the **** out of eachother and ***** and complain online. But when we're hanging out together everyone seems cool enough, imo.
True. One thing is I always find it difficult to ask for advice at tourneys, because someone is either talking/chilling, or watching a match. And I don't want to be rude.

Idk, maybe it's my shyness.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I didn't even realize there was actual salt going around. My most 'imdabess' posts are completely in satire, and my wise cracks are just for laughs. I'd apologize if anyone actually felt offended or something similar.

I dunno, though. Helping the community is one thing, but I guess I don't see much of that kind of stuff out here?

JTsm

Smash Master
Oh ****, Juggleguy is a mod :O

Is now even more scared then before.jpg

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
yeah im not making any claims on the current community because i havent been playing lately so whatever i say probably isnt valid ^,^

im going to ps4 and i have high hopes so hopefully that goes well. Roller thats very true, in person ive never had a problem. Its just when everyone gets home and for some reason starts with the tequila that things go sour. Guys, stick with the whiskey, it does you no wrong.

the community needs a routine of going to the bar after tourneys. All will be well after that

What's The Point

Smash Master
So I was making my Diablo III account and there is a 12 character limit. Since my usual name, GenericallyNamed, is too long I decided to try GenericName on the off chance it wasn't taken. As it turns out, Diablo III is starting a new thing with Blizzard where your account names aren't unique and they add tags at the end to distinguish people. So I am now GenericName#1485. I am conflicted on this.

Also totally rocking the wizard. Turns out they have laser beams.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Listen, I'm not here to be your best friend. With that in mind, don't be acting like you want me to succeed and I want you to succeed. Because let's be honest for a minute, we're all here to win money/get PR'd, if you say you're not then you're full of crap. Nobody wants to be placing low, everybody wants to be good at this game and everyone wants to place high. As far as helping people get better, don't be counting on me to give advice to people. I'm not trying to get beat at tournaments, I'm trying to win at tournaments. And when I give people advice against me, it puts me in a disadvantage. Now tell me, who would want that? If you say you do, you're lieing. Because nobody wants to be beaten and that's a fact. Judging by the scene in MI, everybody has a bad side to them with the exception of a few people. Nobody wants to be that guy that gets last place or whatever. Because honestly, I don't and I'm sure nobody else does either. People always tend to give me advice which I appreciate, and I know this is gonna sound really selfish, but don't expect me to give advice back/ to anyone. I'm not trying to help people beat me by telling them what they did wrong, they can hear it from someone else, just not me. The people that give advice to players on beating them, I just have to say one thing.....what the hell are you guys doing? Like seriously, why would you give people advice on how to beat you? It just seems like such a bad idea to me. Which is why I don't give advice. So let's be real and cut the bs. Everyone wants to do well, and by helping others get better, it stands in the way of YOU succeeding because they could become a bigger threat to you. This is just my opinion on all this lovey gooey sugar coated crap. Have a nice day.

Top Bottom