• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Unsure. I'm gonna ask both guys I work with tomorrow.

Yeah, hopefully I can pull a Judge/Anther, get a few warm-ups in, and then still ****. lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The real classes don't even have exams, because they're too busy teaching things that don't involve rote memorization.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Ay I completely sucked in all those vids of me. I was legit all night till I went out wit don n jon (nomo) n then switched tvs n it was all downhill from there. Even lost to rye's falco, after I bruised him so hard he only want fox afterwards lol

Kail

Smash Lord
Then laser more? And yes you can.
Just watch out for her key moves that tend to **** you when you get hit by them and learn their distance. Stay outside that distance and wait for either a move with a ton of lag or bait them into doing a move you can easily punish.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I lose to Fox and Falco all the time. In the case of Fox, you move so damn fast I'm not sure why you're having troubles with spacing. In the case of Falco... come on, we all know that dair beats just about anything that involves "spacing" and leads into even more dairs.

Really, all I do in those matchups with Sheik is guess where you're going to be in a second, and do whatever would win if you did in fact go there in the next second.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Any time I say spacing its usually cuz I'm NaCl at being shield grabbed 20 times in 1 game, lul, cant consistently bait rolls when the shield I'm baiting grabs me half the time, so he stays my teams char for now.

Kail

Smash Lord
Shielding is pretty awful if you don't do things out of it and get grabbed a lot.
Stop getting grabbed by either being faster and neutral airing out of shield or spacing yourself better so you don't have to.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Ankoku needs to come to things so I can learn to fight peach and see if i'm actually as good as I think i am vs sheik

Kail

Smash Lord
Actually just shine. Always shine. Shine to shine combos **** and are fun. You even get some invincibility so shine more when you're about to get grabbed and you won't get grabbed because you shined.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
falco's usmash > sheik.

Have you considered using ftilt until they get close and then utilting? Shoot some lasers if they're too far for an ftilt.

oh, and for fox it's easy:

land a shine (basically any attack and then shine works) then waveshine to the edge and dsmash her off. Get on the edge, right when she'd reappear, stand up (so your standup animation edgehogs). If they went for the edge, they died, and if they went for the stage, waveshine them across the stage, rinse and repeat.

as for shield grabs: if you're getting shield grabbed, you're either doing your attack before hitting their shield, or you're not fast falling. It's trivial to grab a fox (even if he L cancel's and shines) if you nair into a shield out of a full hop (w/ the nair before overlapping the shield) without fast falling.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My Sheik is pretty severely lower level than my Peach. She's only useful for, like, Marth players who are bad against Sheik. And matchups where she can chaingrab. Otherwise it's a case of "here I'll give you a character that's not as good as my Peach but she's a better character overall so you'll feel better when you win."

Hot_ArmS: Because nobody is as smart as UmbreonMow.

Kail

Smash Lord
Jman does? Although at certain percents he'll up smash because he can usually get another hit or two in because of platforms. I think if your smash DI is insane you could actually get out of it, but the chances of you playing someone like that are slim.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Fo-realz, will do next time

Shielding is pretty awful if you don't do things out of it and get grabbed a lot.
Stop getting grabbed by either being faster and neutral airing out of shield or spacing yourself better so you don't have to.
Nah, its not me shielding and getting grabbed its me dairing too close or not behind them and getting grabbed. I'm getting down shine OOS, I think that should suffice most OOS options.

I most likely am just missing my L's from shield hitlag or something (effing cpu's never shield so I don't get that practice in)

Kail

Smash Lord
That is what is happening. If you want to fix that. Turn on a lvl 1 computer and up his handicap and just practice hitting him over and over.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
rokimomi: I might be remembering this wrong but putting a LV1 Bowser on Handicap 9 and yourself at Handicap 1 lets you practice SHFFL dair shine. EDIT: What Kail said.

Top Bottom