• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Well I'm on episode 51 of Soul Eater hopefully the rumors aren't true about the ending.

*crosses fingers

I'll be finishing the anime tonight after hanging with friends

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
From everyone I've talked to, they have hated the ending to the anime and say it completely ruins the series

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
From everyone I've talked to, they have hated the ending to the anime and say it completely ruins the series
Well, if by "ruins the series" they mean make you go "wait, there's no more seasons after this?" sure. This probably has something to do with the fact that between the anime and the manga, one of them is over.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Just finished episode 51, I enjoyed it and thought it was a good ending. I am definitely going to start reading the manga. I can now see if you didnt know that the manga was a continuation you would be disappointed. They could definitely make more episodes imo and that would be awesome ;D

In other news, my friends and I were the hugest trolls on Halo Reach today. Also Hot_ArmS needs to play less CoD and more Halo cuz my back hurts from carrying him in TS

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The manga isn't a continuation. The story deviates around the Arachnophobia arc between the anime and the manga, and the manga is still going while the anime ended with episode 51.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

lain

Smash Master
Tell me someone's seen Cromartie High School.

and we SHOULD do a smashfest sometimes. maybe this week, maybe after new years? if we do it in AA imo it would be easier for everyone to meet up since we're between the D and east lansing

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
My friends think that anime is dumb but I think its hilarious. Reminds me of the fights I used to get into when I younger lol.

A smashfest would be legit. I'll bring my recording setup (I'm getting the splitter cables tomorrow) :D

Scala

Smash Ace
Tell me someone's seen Cromartie High School.

and we SHOULD do a smashfest sometimes. maybe this week, maybe after new years? if we do it in AA imo it would be easier for everyone to meet up since we're between the D and east lansing
Cromartie is amazing. It's the first anime I bought on DVD and is hilarious every time :awesome:

Roller

Smash Legend
So, smashfest at my place tonight had about 30 people. ~20 entered Brawl Singles. I split in GFs. A local friend of mine who plays marth/ike who has never played anyone competitive besides me, wound up destroying an Ike that actually plays competitively then beating me in 5 games in WFs. (there was a great deal of luck involved, but no johns he's legit.) He's gonna go to tourneys with me and we will prob form an NJ crew starting in April when I get back to NJ. His reading abilities are absurd for someone with no competitive experience.

And I'd love to get a crew together in MI. I think I have a name.

7th Tower. ;)

EDIT: Also, Ori. What's the word on this venue? 'cause I've been hearing "I'll know within the next 2 days" for like 2 weeks now. I'm only mentioning this because this would be in like 2.5 weeks. That. Is soon. Also, I'm considering going to KTAR if there is a way for me to get there, and the lack of a definitive venue for this until the last minute could help push me to seek that route. =/

lain

Smash Master
it's basically a satire on like every high school anime or anime with high school elements. there really isn't a plot per se, but there's a loosely connected storyline throughout and it's ****ing hilarious every episode.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
The venue was closed for 2 weeks because of the holiday. Ham is a member of the Club so thats why we can get it as a venue, I am not a member. Ham was supposed to call while he was in Pennsylvania for 2 days to secure the date and I haven't heard anything from him. If we don't have the Boat Club, we will talk with the church that we used for WBST 2/3 for a last minute venue if not then I'll aim for February

Kail

Smash Lord
I like the show after that one, "Will L attend". Pretty good season this far. The cast is ok but the character development is really drawing me in.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
It's almost time for our monthly viewing also. Actually it's going to be two for one special since he's trying to go to SIIS4 and TCSC. This should be interesting :D

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
I like the show after that one, "Will L attend". Pretty good season this far. The cast is ok but the character development is really drawing me in.
My favorite show as well. I especially liked the episode from a couple weeks ago. Who could have seen that plot twist coming at the end, when L had to invoke the legendary "no ride" john.

Kail

Smash Lord
Yeah, it was definitely in my top 3 favorites. Much nicer then the usual, "Lack of money" johns. I love it when it gets mixed up. Man, I still get tingles thinking about it.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
At least my show is a monthly or yearly special

Edit: All Saturdays in January are booked at the Boat Club D:,
When Ham gets back from PA in an hour we are going to talk with the Church where we held WBST 2/3 and try and get it! Have hope and cross your fingers

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Ouch Ori got rejected. :'(

What a great show. So much drama! Hopefully things go well with the church! ;D

And aaaaaah, dunno if I should go to TC's Smash Cafe or Ohayocon. ;(

Top Bottom