• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Tech, I heard you're secondaring Fox.....****! Yes now I have someone to ditto with XD
lLOL where did you hear that?

But I do have a decent Fox (yours is better lol) though.

Smashfest is not confirmed yet. Still looking into it. Its like 50/50 right now.

OMG that discovery is amazing!!

ZTD | TECHnology

Oh I lurk half of the character boards lol

But I could use some help on my Fox for Mid Tiers. He really doesn't do anything for me as a secondary for Snake though. :(

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Oh I lurk half of the character boards lol

But I could use some help on my Fox for Mid Tiers. He really doesn't do anything for me as a secondary for Snake though. :(
Ill gladly help out if you want too. Maybe if you're not busy this weekend, you can come over and bring a smasher with you if you want. Or ill teach you at a tourney.

ZTD | TECHnology

Holiday weekend will be very busy for me so maybe at a tourney. I appreciate the offer though.

I don't think I will be able to host tonight. Roomate is getting home later than normal and isn't going to want company over. Hence the reason I didn't confirm anything yet. If this changes you'll know in the next hour.

Roller

Smash Legend
That idea shouldn't change anything vs ICs. You should be mashing out at lower percents anyway, and at higher percents if the ICs is doing it right they'll still be able to cg just fine.

ZTD | TECHnology

I like the getting out of shield breaks aspect to it better personally..and vs Olimar. This should help a little bit but I don't see it changing anything too drastically. Great find either way.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
someone test this for snake lolz

at least its not useless for falco like it is for fox

edit: oh wait you have to be standing up to do this, i take that back

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I've known it since mario bros 2
Perfect choice in games. Too good.

yooo i have a question for you actually, or for anyone who knows. What percent is a safe choice to chain grab fox to with marth? I know it depends on the di but I only see mikehaze do it like twice when they are <15%. I thought it could go on for longer then that...

Rizk18

Smash Lord
Lmfao roller, this song is great but I can never take one of their music seriously because their just hilarious even though it has a good beat to it. <3 Akon's voice:)

Edit: You should Fthrow 2x then regrab to Dthrow about 2 or 3x, then end it with a fsmash.

Sumer

Smash Ace
Perfect choice in games. Too good.

yooo i have a question for you actually, or for anyone who knows. What percent is a safe choice to chain grab fox to with marth? I know it depends on the di but I only see mikehaze do it like twice when they are <15%. I thought it could go on for longer then that...
I know falco it's fthrow twice then bthrow cg til 23 (last throw does 23) and tipper fsmash, not sure about fox.

ZTD | TECHnology

For anyone trying to reach me today, I have to get some surgery done (its minor) so I won't be available. Well in other words, I'm gonna be high as a kite after its done lol. I'm only going to be there for like two hours but yeah...I'm'a be ****ed up. So if I even make it to my computer today..I probably won't be coherent.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I know falco it's fthrow twice then bthrow cg til 23 (last throw does 23) and tipper fsmash, not sure about fox.
it's dthrow not bthrow, and with falco it's like fthrow x 2 -> dthrow x 4 (4 + 3 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 4 so...that's 23, you're right on that one) tipper fsmash makes the damage 44 or 45 if you're perfect. most marths end the dthrow after 3 though

uhh w/ fox you're going to have to be pretty on point with your buffering, dthrow x 9 to fsmash is the max possible but you prolly wanna just do 3 or 4. this is from 0 btw

if you wanna do an fthrow variation best to do fthrow x2 -> dthrow -> fsmash for...uhhhh 4 +3 + 5 = 12 + 21/22 = 33-34

i've tried dthrow x 2 on fox a bunch of times but they always seem to escape (too bad every dumb fox in the world spotdodges to give me another free grab). i've tried all sorts of different buffer timings

Rizk18

Smash Lord
You dont have 9 dthrows on fox. Its about 5-6 but after the 5th dthrow the distance in which fox goes during the marth grab is farther then the first thru 4th, so u can get out of it. I suggest fthrow x2 then dthrow x3 then fsmash

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
9 makes sense. Unlike Dedede's dthrow, Marth's dthrow goes up in knockback based on percent. So for the first nine, you're dealing damage which increases knockback and adding decay which reduces knockback. Then, for the tenth one, the knockback isn't reduced and Fox goes too far.

Top Bottom